Maverstang

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata; Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Seems pretty hard to find someone that doesnā€™t like their Maverick after getting one. Itā€™s an out of the park hit.

But it would be interesting to see a JD Power satisfaction survey on the period between placing the order and getting one. Or does satisfaction of having one make you forget the 9-15 month ordeal?

DeeZee

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT Luxury Package
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would rather have a fanboy than a toxic avenger :confused:
Not toxic at allā€¦.just canā€™t see how anyone at this point can defend the Blue Oval with this debacle.

Happy motoring to allšŸ‘

Sponsored

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not toxic at allā€¦.just canā€™t see how anyone at this point can defend the Blue Oval with this debacle.

which debacle? the ordering or the recall?

Michaelkov

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW X1, 2018 Toyota Rav4, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Seems pretty hard to find someone that doesnā€™t like their Maverick after getting one. Itā€™s an out of the park hit.

But it would be interesting to see a JD Power satisfaction survey on the period between placing the order and getting one. Or does satisfaction of having one make you forget the 9-15 month ordeal?
Ford Maverick 2022 FORD MAVERICK OWNERS AMONG MOST SATISFIED IN SEGMENT tumblr_46342fcf9c49ea916809e5b6ae982c1a_84b49e0e_400

tonyinsd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT, Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Because every other car manufacturer is doing so much better. Delays due to supply chain constraints, Covid lock downs and labor shortages are only things Ford is dealing with.

Oh, wait.

Tesla supply chain problems are paramount concern - Musk (NASDAQ:TSLA) | Seeking Alpha

General Motorsā€™ Income Tumbles 40% on China Loss, Parts Shortages - WSJ

Volkswagen anticipates chip supply issues until 2024 ā€¢ The Register

Toyota to cut global production plan by 100,000 in June (cnbc.com)

Now, if you know this is happening and you want to crucify Ford, feel free. It's a free country. You can do that.

Is it based on logic and rational thinking? No.

DeeZee

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Because every other car manufacturer is doing so much better. Delays due to supply chain constraints, Covid lock downs and labor shortages are only things Ford is dealing with.

Oh, wait.

Tesla supply chain problems are paramount concern - Musk (NASDAQ:TSLA) | Seeking Alpha

General Motorsā€™ Income Tumbles 40% on China Loss, Parts Shortages - WSJ

Volkswagen anticipates chip supply issues until 2024 ā€¢ The Register

Toyota to cut global production plan by 100,000 in June (cnbc.com)

Now, if you know this is happening and you want to crucify Ford, feel free. It's a free country. You can do that.

Is it based on logic and rational thinking? No.
Not talking about supply chain issues....$hitty communications

Last edited:

tonyinsd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not taking about supply chain issues....$hitty communications
What would you like them to communicate? We don't know when we will build your truck because we don't know when we'll get the chips and parts needed to build it? Would you like to get that email once a week, once a month, once a day? Would that be "good communication" in your book?

I'd consider that spamming me and wasting my time.

Sponsored

DeeZee

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What would you like them to communicate? We don't know when we will build your truck because we don't know when we'll get the chips and parts needed to build it? Would you like to get that email once a week, once a month, once a day? Would that be "good communication" in your book?

I'd consider that spamming me and wasting my time.
The Blue Oval is strong in you :)

There is an old customer service method that works. Over communicate, under promise and over deliver. Not that hard to say your original order could be delayed XX and we will update you in YY

tonyinsd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The Blue Oval is strong in you :)

There is an old customer service method that works. Over communicate, under promise and over deliver. Not that hard to say your original order could be delayed XX and we will update you in YY
No, common sense is strong in me.

If it was Ford's fault, I would be pissed as hell at them.

But it's not. They're not responsible for a war in Ukraine, Covid shutdowns in China, chip shortages, labor shortages and so on.

I got nothing from Ford for six or seven months after my order confirmation. I didn't care because guess what?

THEY HAD NOTHING TO TELL ME.

Then I got an email telling me my build was scheduled. And an email telling my my order was complete. And then an email telling me it had been shipped.

Anything more than that would have been useless and annoying.

My attitude is that if you've got nothing useful to say, shut the hell up. Telling me we don't know when your truck will be built over and over again for months would be stupid and irritating. That would piss me off a lot more than the silence until they had something informative to say.
Sponsored