First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well, they'd HAVE to buy it again, since there's no other hybrid pickup available in this size and price range.
🤣

TrailMaster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Ranger XLT 4L, Honda Valkyries (2)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm guessing the hybrid is only more satisfying than the Ecoboost when driving by gas pumps. 😜

Scott Asheville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD XLT ECO LUX CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Happy to see my favorite car of all time (I bought three Miatas) at #3. Surprised the Rivian is not #1, because it's widely acclaimed by most auto journalists as the most delightful truck every built by man. Their words, not mine. I hope to buy a Rivian R2T if it's small enough and available soon enough to replace my Maverick.

As for the Maverick hybrid owners, I'm happy that they're happy. The hybrid is not for me, ever. But it gets my respect at the original MSRP for delivering what a lot of people want. An inexpensive and utilitarian vehicle that makes you feel like you got more than you paid for. I'd say the same about my ecoboost, but you hybrid folks seem way more enamored with your rides. Which is a good thing.

Sponsored

ilikebike

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid HPR w/ BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Consider me thoroughly satisfied.

Halo9x

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT 2023
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I'm guessing the hybrid is only more satisfying than the Ecoboost when driving by gas pumps. 😜
Actually, I don’t mind not getting the mpg of the hybrid. The EB gets decent mileage if driven well but the FUN part is that when you need to accelerate, the Eco becomes a beast! I’ve designated my Mav a Sport Utility Truck (SUT) and couldn’t be happier. Also, the only battery I need to be concerned about may cost $100-$200! No worries about it being a fire hazard.

ClemsonU88

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick; 2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well, I would absolutely buy my Maverick again knowing what I know now.

The only thing that would give me any pause is that the color truly is school bus yellow/orange rather than the Cyber Orange they showed on their website when I ordered it. I like the school bus yellow/orange, but I truly feel like I got a bait & switch with the Cyber Orange color. I probably would have gone with Hot Pepper Red if they had showed the accurate color of Cyber Orange.
Sponsored