First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Thunderbird
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
what I don't understand is why are Ford Edges and Rangers getting their trailer tow hitches installed? It's a trailer tow hitch! wht is different on a Maverick? Splash Guards too! Amazon has Maverick approved tri-fold covers for sale but the plant can't get them? Same with bedliners and splash guards, seriously WTF Ford?
Sponsored

Reactions: GRB

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

what I don't understand is why are Ford Edges and Rangers getting their trailer tow hitches installed? It's a trailer tow hitch! wht is different on a Maverick? Splash Guards too! Amazon has Maverick approved tri-fold covers for sale but the plant can't get them? Same with bedliners and splash guards, seriously WTF Ford?
I've heard that it's actually the 4-pin harness that is short on supply. They just didn't order as many as they need for the "non-package" hitch add-ons... But that and $7 will get you a cup of coffee at Starbucks...

Papac

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Thunderbird
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thats a heck of a mark up for an XL, I didn't pay that much for my LAriot lux with everything but moon roof
This is even higher, it's got over 1700 miles and is selling as used.
2023 Ford Maverick XL SuperCrew FWD

Price includes $772 delivery to Murfreesboro, TN
$35,772

Papac

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Thunderbird
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've heard that it's actually the 4-pin harness that is short on supply. They just didn't order as many as they need for the "non-package" hitch add-ons... But that and $7 will get you a cup of coffee at Starbucks...
So all the other Fords with tow hitches use something different? How hard could it be to adapt? It's unreal.

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Hey - I didn't say it made sense... Just that it was what I had heard...

Sponsored

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid, Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hey - I didn't say it made sense... Just that it was what I had heard...
Only thing that makes sense is the trailer control modules is in short supply. It has electronic chips and some chips are still in short supply. Every new Ford vehicle with a trailer hitch needs a trailer control module. If they are short on chips/modules guess which Ford vehicle they will constrain? The one with the lowest margin, a Maverick with standalone hitch.

RLmesc

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Kia Sportage, 05 Porsche Boxster S, 85 Kawasaki
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
they keep lying to customers 7 months have all the parts to assemble and no vin and there stopping in August for 2023 hope another automaker steps up I am fed up with Ford
7 whole months? I waited 15 and just last week got my VIN. Calm down , they will build them until sometime in September before changing to 2024MY in October. They've only booked out to June, there are 3 more months, 12 more weeks of notices on Thursday.

Homeslice

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I switched to EB after the May scheduling in hopes to get scheduled for June, but no luck. But there are plenty of cases where people switch and you get scheduled the next time up, so there's really no telling if switching get you scheduled any quicker.
I ordered an E/B in 22 nothing! I ordered a Hybrid in 23 nothing

robhooper

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is even higher, it's got over 1700 miles and is selling as used.
2023 Ford Maverick XL SuperCrew FWD

Price includes $772 delivery to Murfreesboro, TN
$35,772
I am in Murfreesboro as well. Waiting for mine at MSRP is my only option.

bc22

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
7 whole months? I waited 15 and just last week got my VIN. Calm down , they will build them until sometime in September before changing to 2024MY in October. They've only booked out to June, there are 3 more months, 12 more weeks of notices on Thursday.
They tend to book most of a month's schedule on one Thursday per month. So there's essentially three more email blasts before you have to reorder.

Sponsored

tdonch

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru Forester (current toad)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm at 17 1/2 months and nothing...just a silly email every 45 days that says "we have your order and we're frustrated as you are"
I was ten days short of 18 months when I was assigned a VIN. I do believe the biggest hurtle was being at a smaller dealership and low allocations. It took months to figure it out, but I believe they got about three mavericks total allocated a month, which meant only approximately 30% were hybrids they got a single Maverick hybrid allocated to their dealership each month. Had to wait months to work through the cancelled MY22 VINs pushed back onto their books/queue at a Pri 2 for MY23, mine was Pri 10 as a rollover order. Once the cancelled VINs were done, Ford started working on the dealership's MY22 (now MY23) rollover orders. I was told that I was the very last rollover order they had, which I do believe. I believe it will be over 600 days from our initial order before our Maverick is delivered.

I would recommend attempting to speak with your dealership to figure out their allocation numbers, how many rollover orders they still have that are hybrid and ensure your order is at a Pri 10. The next big scheduling batch, I think, may be the second week of next month, with an added third shift in place, hopefully Ford will make an effort to pick up the last of the 500 day club members.

Last edited:

lbcoach34

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
b
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid Lariat pack
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
wow, that's good info thx...how about the pricing? Did you get the "private offer"? I have not...wondering if they will try to gouge...

GRB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F 150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think constraints, and allocations are very convenient excuses for Ford to schedule as they please with no regard to wait times for customers. Talking to salesmen and dealers and Ford customer service gets you nowhere, believe me I've tried. 540 days today, no end in sight!!!

elijmdy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
elijah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 ford maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
On the last day of the 2022 hybrid model I ordered a base xl to be told they sold to many they cancel my order in Nov 2021 so I wait till 9/22 for let me guess ill get my second cancelation notice. do I need to calm down now or what?
Sponsored