2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

This is to be expected but surprised its applying to 2022 model year vehicles at all. I am guessing nearly all of the 2022 model year vehicle production are already sold.

Remember the plant its produced(Hermosillo Ford plant) has only a capacity of 300k vehicles per year which is 25k a month at full capacity without any delays or shortages. This capacity is also shared with the bronco sport. At 50% going to maverick that is 12.5k vehicles a month max. In almost exactly 10 months the 2023 model production begins(Oct 24 2022). That means we can expect at most 125,000 mavericks being built from now until the new model year. Ford has well over 200,000 maverick orders already and has only built 20-25k so far.

I really really doubt anyone ordering this late into December will even receive a 2022 model maverick ecoboost or not. The production capacity vs number of orders does not work out.

For the 2023 maverick I would bet money we see the starting price at $22,995 or higher.
Yes, and the reality is that hitting those number is unlikely. People in the know are saying that they are only building 5-6k Mavericks a month, and that isn't expected to change any time soon.

alexcrg

First Name
alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
If the Lariat Lux package wasnt worth 3k before, now its leaning more to a donation type of add-on

GaryHoosier

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Escape, 2022 Ford Maverick 2.0L XLT AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
According to Tim on here, it is unlikely that 2022 model orders will turn into 2023 trucks. Ford is giving themselves time to build out the 2022 orders until 2023 reservations.
No surprise that prices have to be pumped-up, what with the steep inflation we suddenly find ourselves in. All commodities will be costlier.
I still can remember that (the original) brand new Mavericks started at just under $2000. Because of inflation through the 70's, my 1980 Fiesta was well over $6000.

Sponsored

Turtle

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No surprise that prices have to be pumped-up, what with the steep inflation we suddenly find ourselves in. All commodities will be costlier.
I still can remember that (the original) brand new Mavericks started at just under $2000. Because of inflation through the 70's, my 1980 Fiesta was well over $6000.
Yes, my first new car in 1971 was a shiny red Toyota Corolla. With TTL came out under 2k and that was the deluxe edition.

Sponsored

Chicora

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
PW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy S-10
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wondering how the price increase plays if I changed my order.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My completely uninformed opinion is that it is reflective of an increase in cost. Ford has been clear that this is intended to be affordable and for regular people in the same vein as the Model T. It's likely going to cover cost increases due to teh supply chain/inflation and possibly reduce the volume of upper trim, high optioned orders that take longer to produce.

If I ordered mine today it would be $545 more. That wouldn't be enough for me not to order it, but I might rethink that moonroof.
I have a 2012 CR-V that has a moon roof that has never even had the shade opened. The only way I know I have it as I wash the car.

Altivo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Altivo
Threads
Reaction score
Website
altivo.dreamwidth.org
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't think it makes any difference because:
  • they are not raising prices on the already ordered trucks, and
  • raising the prices is not going to delay the building of those trucks.
So I think we're ok...
Yes, my dealer assured me several weeks ago that the price I signed for was not subject to any increases or markups. Of course, that's only a verbal promise. But I'm more concerned at the continuing delays in building what is already ordered than at the prospects for any future purchases. When I ordered I thought surely they would deliver by the end of 2021, and now I'm hoping for before Easter. Nothing on mine is "constrained" now, but still no build date or VIN.

BDennis

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, E450 Leprechaun
Engine
2.5L Hybrid