Sponsored

[CORRECTION IN LAST POST] 2022MY Maverick price increase applies to any order unbuilt before 12/27. ALL unbuilt orders. not just new orders

Status
Not open for further replies.

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Per Tim:

Ford: Dealer Invoice changes will be effective 12/27/2021
Ford: 2022 model units invoiced prior to 12/27 will not be re-invoiced

Tim:
Q: When is a vehicle invoiced?
A: Not when ordered, An invoice is generated when a vehicle is built

That means every current outstanding unscheduled order (even those from June) will have to pay the price increase.

It also means that any scheduled order not yet built will also have to pay the price increase.

Only orders that were built by 12/26 will not have to pay the price increase.
Sponsored

OP
OP
huunvubu

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Curious for confirmation from Ford on this. Pretty shitty thing to do for those of us who figured we would have our hybrids by now if true.
Seems pretty clear from Ford and Tim:

Ford: 2022 model units invoiced prior to 12/27 will not be re-invoiced

Tim: An invoice is generated when a vehicle is built

Tim also states that his unbuilt Maverick Hybrid with an order date well prior to 12/27 is showing the price increase.

Truck2

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota highlander hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So first Ford screwed up and said awd on a front drive only trim (if I got that right) then Ford did right and gave the awd for free to those that ordered that package.

I could not think for the life of my how Ford would now go and tell buyers they must pay more then the signed dealer paperwork says the customer is to pay. I cannot even begin to see what that blow back on the internet will be to Ford. Maybe I am reading this thread wrongā€¦

HE double tooth picks. If Ford thought they got an ear full on the fist screw up they did they donā€™t have a clue how much push back from the buying public they will get pulling this crap if true. And I for one will be happy to post on the forums about it and to any car mag and Ford user forum willing to listen.

Heck I can see it now, bait and switch...to a higher price. Thus they will get $190 more from me if I let them for the 360 and XLT trim hybrid. Not right, not right at all and we should stand and tell Ford HE double tooth picks NO.

And just so I got this straight. Ford is a manufacturer we are to trust when agreeing to purchase vechiles from them? I say that answer is a firm NO if this is true.

Last edited:

Sponsored

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD šŸ˜‰
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Invoices are always generated at the price in effect at that time. Orders for dealer stock, for instance, will just come in at the higher price.

Ford has already said that price protection will be honored for eligible orders placed before the effective date for the increase. The invoice and window sticker will reflect the new higher price, but that doesn't mean you're going to pay it.

Eligible orders for price protection include "retail" orders, AKA customer orders. Your dealer simply needs to work with Ford to process the price protection. It's just a bit of paperwork to show that the order qualifies.

Tyler

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Subaru Ascent, 2023 Mavrick (Hybrid)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The bulletin from ford said all fleet, retail, and demonstration orders signed and entered before dec 27th will receive automatic price protection.

It is very possible the price protection will be an invoice adjustment not shown on Timā€™s invoice yet, or Timā€™s order may not be classified as a retail order.

Either way the latest official word from ford is that we will receive price protection so Iā€™m leaving the pitchfork in the shed for now.

Mrkosmoo2

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid Lariat Trim
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They already stated price protection is in place for ordered prior to 12/27. They can't alter the price after it's already been legally agreed upon and signed for - hence why they are honoring pre-price rise prices.

OP
OP
huunvubu

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The bulletin from ford said all fleet, retail, and demonstration orders signed and entered before dec 27th will receive automatic price protection.

It is very possible the price protection will be an invoice adjustment not shown on Timā€™s invoice yet, or Timā€™s order may not be classified as a retail order.

Either way the latest official word from ford is that we will receive price protection so Iā€™m leaving the pitchfork in the shed for now.
You are right in that there appears to be price protection shown for retail orders in the original document and if it is real then it will be like you stated as a credit against the higher invoice price.

Tim did not talk about that section at all in his video so I wonder if he missed that section or his copy didn't include that section.

@fordvideoguy

Tim here is a copy of the Ford Price increase letter showing the price protection. Is the section on price protection in the letter you were quoting?

In your video you were telling one person who ordered a Lariat with the luxury package and Co-Pilot360 that they were going to have to pay $890 more. But if price protection is real that that person should not have to pay more.

So please let us know: is price protection is real

Ford Maverick [CORRECTION IN LAST POST] 2022MY Maverick price increase applies to any order unbuilt before 12/27. ALL unbuilt orders. not just new orders 2022-maverick-price-increase

Ford Maverick [CORRECTION IN LAST POST] 2022MY Maverick price increase applies to any order unbuilt before 12/27. ALL unbuilt orders. not just new orders 2022-Maverick-Price-Increases-Effective-December-27-2021

Last edited:

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided
You are right in that there appears to be price protection shown for retail orders in the original document and if it is real then it will be like you stated as a credit against the higher invoice price.

Tim did not talk about that section at all in his video so I wonder if he missed that section or his copy didn't include that section.

@fordvideoguy

Tim here is a copy of the Ford Price increase letter showing the price protection. Is the section on price protection in the letter you were quoting?

In your video you were telling one person who ordered a Lariat with the luxury package and Co-Pilot360 that they were going to have to pay $890 more. But if price protection is real that that person should not have to pay more.

So please let us know: is price protection is real

2022-maverick-price-increase.png

2022-Maverick-Price-Increases-Effective-December-27-2021.jpg
Does look like I missed that understood that part. The way the first part read, I thought that the invoice had to be before December 27. I don't deal with this part of the business and was not correct. My General Manager did say that the vehicles ordered before the deadline will be price protected. It looks like according to the bulletin that they will automatically be adjusted and we shouldn't have to do anything on the dealer level.

Sorry for not getting that right. I hate to misinform anyone. I would have double checked with my Ford sources but with corporate on vacation, I didn't think they would reply.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.