First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW R32; Maverick Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am going to pick up my Tremor tomorrow but I am being charged the $500 February price increase.

I placed my order in Sept 2022 and it was my understanding that the February price increase would not apply to Sept orders.

The dealer is saying the price protection only applies to 2022 orders carried over to 2023; that is not what I have.

Called Ford help and they said there should be no increase in price for a fall order but the dealer disagrees (and even said they checked with Ford on this).

How can I get the dealer to not charge the increase? Is there anything from Ford I can show them that the increase does not apply?
Sponsored

flynomore

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 F350, '15 Mazda 6,
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did you sign a contract for a specific amount with the dealer when you ordered? If so, they should honor the contract. My dealer tried to do the same thing but then I reminded them of the signed contract and I was price protected for what I signed for.

Reactions: HTX
OP
OP

PCK

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW R32; Maverick Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Did you sign a contract for a specific amount with the dealer when you ordered? If so, they should honor the contract. My dealer tried to do the same thing but then I reminded them of the signed contract and I was price protected for what I signed for.
No binding contract but I signed the order form with the prices on it. No deposit.

OP
OP

PCK

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW R32; Maverick Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Can any one direct me to the press release that Ford issued for the Feb 2023 price increase? Does it mention no price increase for COVD orders?

Sponsored

Wylie61

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Dealer in smart vincent can select order date or delivery date. Order date will be September pricing

OP
OP

PCK

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW R32; Maverick Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Dealer in smart vincent can select order date or delivery date. Order date will be September pricing
Thanks. Will try.

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

That is for "incentive protection" not "price protection".

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
10 Wrangler 22 Lexus 22 Maverick 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

There is no end to the tricks, scams, and the lies some stealerships will resort to. Hope you got your financing set up before going in and DONT buy and extended warranty - get one later if you want one for way less money.

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks. Will try.
It is the dealer's "invoice" cost of the vehicle that is "price protected" (on retail orders sold to the original customer who ordered). The dealer will be reimbursed the difference (more of less) of the current invoice price and original invoice price of the Maverick (less any difference in the fuel charge) about 45 days after the vehicle is reported sold.

Price protection is price protection for the dealer....so that they can honor their agreement as sell at the agreed upon price (MRSP or otherwise). It is up to the dealer to offer this to the customer.

Some people successfully get their dealer to send them a check for whatever amount Ford sends them after the fact.

Sponsored
OP
OP

PCK

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW R32; Maverick Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My pricing is supposed to be 3% under invoice so invoice should work. Anything I can present to the dealership that proves that?

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My pricing is supposed to be 3% under invoice so invoice should work. Anything I can present to the dealership that proves that?
So you ordered from Chapman? They started getting wishy-dashy and switching to their deal is 3% under billed invoice from time of assembly. So, no, they don't honor price protection.

OP
OP

PCK

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW R32; Maverick Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So you ordered from Chapman? They started getting wishy-dashy and switching to their deal is 3% under billed invoice from time of assembly. So, no, they don't honor price protection.
Worth a try for them to honor their original deal?

mmarkster

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Nissan Versa Note SL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mine increased as well.
Could it be because I added remote start in 2023?
Sponsored