2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mine increased as well.
Could it be because I added remote start in 2023?
The price your dealer is asking you to pay or the price on your window sticker? The price on the window sticker will always show any MSRP increases. But only body code changes (trim level, drivetrain, adding/removing Tremor) are supposed to affect price level for protection.
Sponsored

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Worth a try for them to honor their original deal?
There's numerous posts on it. Sounds like Horsham was firmer on this policy while some were luckier with Philadelphia, but some of those are many months ago now.

OP
OP

PCK

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW R32; Maverick Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There's numerous posts on it. Sounds like Horsham was firmer on this policy while some were luckier with Philadelphia, but some of those are many months ago now.
Philly, not Horsham.

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So you ordered from Chapman? They started getting wishy-dashy and switching to their deal is 3% under billed invoice from time of assembly. So, no, they don't honor price protection.
.With the unheard of 2-year build cycles with potentially multiple internal price increases along the way It became too onerous, difficult and time consuming to offer ā€˜time of initial orderā€™ price protection. One large factor was that Ford was also having difficulty managing the dealerā€™s initial/final pricing over that period and price changes putting Chapman at risk in obligating the initial price to the consumer. .

So Chapman (Horsham) pivoted to a more easily manageable model where the final sales price is x% under ..final.. invoice removing the minutia of managing years of delays, build time, price increases, and model year changes along the way. Still a very, very good deal today... On my order docs, Horsham made the revised terms 100% clear.

Good luck all..

OP
OP

PCK

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW R32; Maverick Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
.With the unheard of 2-year build cycles with potentially multiple internal price increases along the way It became too onerous, difficult and time consuming to offer ā€˜time of initial orderā€™ price protection. One large factor was that Ford was also having difficulty managing the dealerā€™s initial/final pricing over that period and price changes putting Chapman at risk in obligating the initial price to the consumer. .

So Chapman (Horsham) pivoted to a more easily manageable model where the final sales price is x% under ..final.. invoice removing the minutia of managing years of delays, build time, price increases, and model year changes along the way. Still a very, very good deal today... On my order docs, Horsham made the revised terms 100% clear.

Good luck all..

So perhaps as it seems that Chapman will get the price increase back in 45 or so days, they are to refund this me as no risk to them (but less profit).

If this is the policy, it certainly was not made clear to me in September on the order doc which I signed.

The finance guy's argument was similar- even with this price increase, better price than could get elsewhere. But I do want the deal I made in September.

Sponsored

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The email I received from Chapman with the signed DORA they returned in September has this language at the bottom:

*Our pricing program under invoice will not be combined with any manufacturer price protection programsā€¦the POC/DORA may not be the final invoice price & only an estimate based on the current pricing guide from Ford/Stellantisā€¦Ford/Stellantis occasionally has price increases during the course of productionā€¦once the vehicle lands on the ground, we will provide you a copy of the invoice from Ford/Stellantis & will honor our % under invoice in this email thread.*

I recall similar language was listed on their website at the time regarding the 'under invoice' deal.

Last edited:

Proflig8tor

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gulfstream / Grumman AA5B
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
yes, changing the order is basically treated as a new order, so the new pricing takes effect on the items added.

OP
OP

PCK

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW R32; Maverick Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
OK, went to Chapman Philly and had a "discussion" with a different salesman. As he had indicated via email before, they are pricing based on the new invoice with the $480 February price increase.

I said that I understand that the dealership will be getting the money back as it was a September order. He said, disingenuously I believe, that he had no knowledge of that. He had said there was no price protection for the customer (before he had said that there was no price protection) but I said there was price protection for the dealer. He then said why do you care about what happens for the dealer; I said because my price was based on the dealer invoice. I said that with the invoice adjustment, they (and I) would be in the same situation as the September order.

Eventually he did not dispute much of what I said (so I did not press to see a manager) but he went to the hard line- this is what the car cost. You can accept it and get the car or not. They had all the leverage- without a binding contract (disadvantage of no deposit), no transportation back from Philly and if I rejected it, they could easily sell it for a significant upcharge, so I caved and paid the extra amount.

Still got a good price (under $33K out-the-door for XLT Lux Tremor with sliding window and Farm Bureau discount) but not as good as the one I had in September. No effort to sell/extort for barely useful extras.

Unlike for Chapman Horsham, they was no qualification of the 3% below invoice offer as to the current invoice. All dealings were quite informal in September, other than signing order sheet and submitting info for COVD.

Overall, good price and process except for the goosing of the price by $480 at the end.

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

OK, went to Chapman Philly and had a "discussion" with a different salesman. As he had indicated via email before, they are pricing based on the new invoice with the $480 February price increase.

I said that I understand that the dealership will be getting the money back as it was a September order. He said, disingenuously I believe, that he had no knowledge of that. He had said there was no price protection for the customer (before he had said that there was no price protection) but I said there was price protection for the dealer. He then said why do you care about what happens for the dealer; I said because my price was based on the dealer invoice. I said that with the invoice adjustment, they (and I) would be in the same situation as the September order.

Eventually he did not dispute much of what I said (so I did not press to see a manager) but he went to the hard line- this is what the car cost. You can accept it and get the car or not. They had all the leverage- without a binding contract (disadvantage of no deposit), no transportation back from Philly and if I rejected it, they could easily sell it for a significant upcharge, so I caved and paid the extra amount.

Still got a good price (under $33K out-the-door for XLT Lux Tremor with sliding window and Farm Bureau discount) but not as good as the one I had in September. No effort to sell/extort for barely useful extras.

Unlike for Chapman Horsham, they was no qualification of the 3% below invoice offer as to the current invoice. All dealings were quite informal in September, other than signing order sheet and submitting info for COVD.

Overall, good price and process except for the goosing of the price by $480 at the end.
I am in the exact same boat right now with a Tremor I ordered from them -- arguing over the very same $400. Presented information from Ford showing that price protection CLEARLY is still in effect. They tried the same BS line about Ford not offering price protection on 2023 Mavericks, and I was like, that is absolutely false. So, requested that while the amount ($400) is not great, I would still ask that they honor the original price on principle. Still waiting for an answer on that.

As you correctly note, if they simply refuse to budge any further, what can I do? They already have the truck discounted more than $1,900 BELOW final sticker price, so hard to walk away from that deal over 400 bucks...

OP
OP

PCK

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW R32; Maverick Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am in the exact same boat right now with a Tremor I ordered from them -- arguing over the very same $400. Presented information from Ford showing that price protection CLEARLY is still in effect. They tried the same BS line about Ford not offering price protection on 2023 Mavericks, and I was like, that is absolutely false. So, requested that while the amount ($400) is not great, I would still ask that they honor the original price on principle. Still waiting for an answer on that.

As you correctly note, if they simply refuse to budge any further, what can I do? They already have the truck discounted more than $1,900 BELOW final sticker price, so hard to walk away from that deal over 400 bucks...
And $100 increase for delivery charge increase in Feb 2023.

When I was driving the Tremor around the lot (had never actually driven a Maverick before then), I noticed another Cactus grey XLT Tremor. Was that yours?

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

And $100 increase for delivery charge increase in Feb 2023.

When I was driving the Tremor around the lot (had never actually driven a Maverick before then), I noticed another Cactus grey XLT Tremor. Was that yours?
Mine is Avalanche. I will follow up with a PM. Thanks!
Sponsored