maverick92

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, F150 Lightning
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I got an e-mail today from Ford about my delivery experience with their dealer and dealer salesman, and the last question they had was what could Ford do to improve their service. I told them they should schedule every MTC member that ordered in June & July, and get those trucks built for the benefit of everyone.
I appreciate the gesture, but Ford doesn’t give a shit about their customers. Keeping their dealers happy is their priority.
Sponsored

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I got an e-mail today from Ford about my delivery experience with their dealer and dealer salesman, and the last question they had was what could Ford do to improve their service. I told them they should schedule every MTC member that ordered in June & July, and get those trucks built for the benefit of everyone.
Thanks for telling them that! I hope they listen!

tfarny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, VW Golf
I got sheduled today! (Well, yesterday). First post on this forum, haven't worked out the details of reporting this. Build week is 2-28.
Ecoboost AWD 4k XLT Region: New York Color: Dark Gray (forgot the name)
Ordered 10-29

So I guess that means I can expect it around the end of March? I still have never seen a real Mav in the wild, just sat in one at a dealership, probably like a lot of people.

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Dealer markup creates a real quandary. I understand some buyers ordered the Maverick, as the vehicle they were driving was on its last legs. I have read on these boards that some buyers had to move to another vehicle due to the delays, and that is understandable based on their situation. I continue to read, however, that the used car market is still over market. So, I guess the question is, do you pay markup for a used car, or pay the markup for a new car. Sucks to be in that situation, in my opinion.

I did not anticipate it would take this long to produce a new vehicle, but at least I am in the position where I have a reliable car (2014 Fusion Hybrid) that should be reliable until my new truck is built. The Maverick is the fourth vehicle I have had "built to order" through Ford. The longest I had to wait in the past was 90 days for the 2015 Explorer Sport (in the avatar), and that was because it was ordered the day Ford opened the order window for the 2015 Explorer Sport. Of course, supply chain issues did not exist to the degree they do today, there was no pandemic, etc.
Thankfully, I'm also not in a position where I have to have or need the Maverick. However, I'm in the market for a new vehicle to replace my 04 Ranger and Maverick is exactly what I wanted. Ford really has to rework the whole system. The current system seems to favor the larger dealerships without any regard to order date.

cjwagner

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4runner
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well, not seeing an email today, maybe this is a plus as it may come and ease the pain of Tax Day

Sponsored

LarryS

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150 xlt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
He can change his Lux package with the SIBL to the Lux package with the DIBL.
Dealer told me that sibl in the lux package is no longer a delay. I asked about changing to drop in and was told engine parts shortage is more likely the holdup.
Hybrid xlt lux ordered 7/14. No production date yet.

Last edited:

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Dealer told me that sibl in the lux package is no longer a delay. I asked about changing to drop in and was told engine parts shortage is more likely the holdup.
Hybrid xlt lux ordered 7/14. No production date yet.
My salesman has told me that the Lux package with SIBL has been the reason my order hasn't been picked yet. So maybe your info is correct, which wouldn’t surprise me now that I made the switch to Lux package with DIBL!! 🙄 So this Thursday I'll play the "will I, won't I get a build date" game again. I beginning to think I'm in the running for the "Last hybrid MY22" built contest! 🤔
I think the thing that gets me the most is seeing so many other folks getting build dates who ordered after me, same exact build, maybe different color, but otherwise the same! And this is just what I've seen on MTC, I'm not on Reddit or Facebook so who knows how many other folks got builds that I'm not aware of. Ford has really done a poor job with communicating with us about why the order system works the way it does. I read a lot speculation about what others think, but I'd like Ford to explain. I don't think it will ever happen, but still it would nice.

Captain

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
63 Nova Convertible /
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

My salesman has told me that the Lux package with SIBL has been the reason my order hasn't been picked yet. So maybe your info is correct, which wouldn’t surprise me now that I made the switch to Lux package with DIBL!! 🙄 So this Thursday I'll play the "will I, won't I get a build date" game again. I beginning to think I'm in the running for the "Last hybrid MY22" built contest! 🤔
I think the thing that gets me the most is seeing so many other folks getting build dates who ordered after me, same exact build, maybe different color, but otherwise the same! And this is just what I've seen on MTC, I'm not on Reddit or Facebook so who knows how many other folks got builds that I'm not aware of. Ford has really done a poor job with communicating with us about why the order system works the way it does. I read a lot speculation about what others think, but I'd like Ford to explain. I don't think it will ever happen, but still it would nice.
Ford has a new slogan: We just don’t care!

Slammer

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury Sable
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Scheduled for 1/10, then 1/24, now 2/7🙄

Captain

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
63 Nova Convertible /
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Scheduled for 1/10, then 1/24, now 2/7🙄
Pretty sure the older generation will understand this… cause Johnny Mathis sang it best… until the twelfth of never….

Sponsored

ralatalo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Yaris hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I got an update on my Hybrid LXT lux order yesterday, Moved from week of January 31, 2022. to week of February 7, 2022 .... not the best news but it can always be worse.

MTMaverick

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Chevy 1T
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Breakfast surprise this morning...... On 12/2, I received a "your vehicle is scheduled to be built" email with a build week of 1/24. I have been incredibly patient. Ordered on 7/14. Today's email states my build week is being pushed back two weeks to week of 2/7. I know, it's only a vehicle, pandemic, supply chain, etc..But, patience is starting to wear thin.....Not inclined to break out my Miata convertible to drive in NE winters... :-(
I'm looking forward to finally getting a build for my July order. I'm getting tired of complaining about getting passed over yet again. I am sooo looking forward to the next phase... complaining about my build date getting pushed back. :p
Sponsored