First Name
Comet 71
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Ford Mercury Comet
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I wonder how you get picked? I really don't care WHEN it is, I'd just prefer to have a closer estimated time... but oh well.

Yeah, we all trying to figure it out.
Maybe the dealers building their orders first. I know they can order only 1 Mav per dealer. but I'm 100% sure They will pay someone. IDK It can be a friend or even the workers... They order one for themselves and cancel when the Mav arrives They get half of the money after overpricing Mav...

I don't have another answer to all this BS :confused::poop:
Sponsored

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've read through 18 pages when I got home. Congratulations to all those scheduled. I feel the pain of all those not, including me.

I truly believe, that if it wasn't for COVID, we all would be in a different situation. Who would have thought we would have the employment troubles we have now? Ships not being able to unload. Hell, I can't even dine in a McDonalds yet. Just a whole world-wide problem. I've had several Ford vehicles, but I have no loyalty to Ford, but this isn't just a Ford problem.

Would I like an email from Ford explaining their picking process? Sure. I would even like them to give me a waiting discount, because I have to wait so long for my truck. But, they haven't, and they won't. I want this truck so I will wait.

Keep the faith everyone. Just think, after you do get your truck, you'll have this story to tell everyone about getting the first year Maverick .

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Dam, dude, if it bothers you that much, just go buy a Hybrid off the lot and get on with your life.
If I could find my exact order at MSRP then I would and be done with Ford's crazy allocation system! However, I refuse to pay dealer markups and around here it's running at $3k minimum!

Lone Star Proud

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Dam, dude, if it bothers you that much, just go buy a Hybrid off the lot and get on with your life.
Damn dude, if his comment bothers you that much who don't you get off the internet and get on with your life.

Sponsored

TheBrit

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 320i Xdrive
I just wish I could get some communication from someone. Mine had a scheduled build date of 12/7/2021 and estimated delivery date of 1/12/2022. I ordered back in July, got immediate confirmation. Checked tracker this morning and still says in production. No emails from Ford since getting scheduled build date email. I've just resigned to I'll get it when I get it because no one is going to give me an updated status. It's a very frustrating and disappointing situation. Good luck to everyone waiting.
I agree and in a similar boat. Production date received of December 9th. Been in production status since that date with no changes. Something on the build must be holding it up and if that’s the case then Ford should alert us.
What build do you have?
Hybrid, XLT Luck package, roll bed cover, spray in bed liner, manual rear window. I’m thinking the bed liner is holding up the order but 4 weeks after recieving VIN Number and modules populated seems a little extreme. Come on Ford… Communication please.

coxwm2

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Explorer Sport, 2022 Bronco Wildtrak 4 Door
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If I could find my exact order at MSRP then I would and be done with Ford's crazy allocation system! However, I refuse to pay dealer markups and around here it's running at $3k minimum!
Dealer markup creates a real quandary. I understand some buyers ordered the Maverick, as the vehicle they were driving was on its last legs. I have read on these boards that some buyers had to move to another vehicle due to the delays, and that is understandable based on their situation. I continue to read, however, that the used car market is still over market. So, I guess the question is, do you pay markup for a used car, or pay the markup for a new car. Sucks to be in that situation, in my opinion.

I did not anticipate it would take this long to produce a new vehicle, but at least I am in the position where I have a reliable car (2014 Fusion Hybrid) that should be reliable until my new truck is built. The Maverick is the fourth vehicle I have had "built to order" through Ford. The longest I had to wait in the past was 90 days for the 2015 Explorer Sport (in the avatar), and that was because it was ordered the day Ford opened the order window for the 2015 Explorer Sport. Of course, supply chain issues did not exist to the degree they do today, there was no pandemic, etc.

sseiler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAV 4 XSE
I don't mean to rain on your parade, but I've been at Priority 2 for weeks, others on forum even longer, so don't hold your breath on getting scheduled next week just because you're at a 2. The one thing is that at a 2 you can't make any changes to your order.
Oh, nah, nothings raining on this parade. I’ll get my first edition eventually. I’ve been in this since early August…. Yep, a priority 2 since August 5. Bro, hopefully this doesn’t rain on your parade, since you’ve only been there for weeks…. I’ve been there for months. 😂😂😂 Yeah, priority doesn’t make any identifiable difference.

What is promising is that they have five allocations on this next round. Allocation is the currency in the Mav order build economy. The PA or KS dealers that give deals to get more orders in order to increase allocations have a good strategy that, by all evidence on this blog. appears to be pretty dang effective. Smaller dealers just can’t compete. Anyway, of the five they have, I just hope I’ll be one of those allocations.

… but until that build date, I’ll just hang out and dream of that first edition rolling on the lot…. And maybe periodically complaining here that I still don’t have a build date. 😂😂😂

Last edited:

emkayw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fusion
Email Received: 10:12 AM PST.
Scheduled build week: 2/28/2022
Build Info: XLT hybrid, lux, 360, moonroof, Carbonized Grey (E not A :p )
Region: SoCal
Original Order Date: 7/16/2021
Dealer: Penske

Congrats! Penske Ford sells a ton of trucks. Hopefully my order with Penske will be scheduled soon.

Sponsored

NotAnonymous

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Oh, nah, nothings raining on this parade. I’ll get my first edition eventually. I’ve been in this since early August…. Yep, a priority 2 since August 5. Bro, hopefully this doesn’t rain on your parade, since you’ve only been there for weeks…. I’ve been there for months. 😂😂😂 Yeah, priority doesn’t make any identifiable difference.

What is promising is that they have five allocations on this next round. Allocation is the currency in the Mav order build economy. The PA or KS dealers that give deals to get more orders in order to increase allocations have a good strategy that, by all evidence on this blog. appears to be pretty dang effective. Smaller dealers just can’t compete. Anyway, of the five they have, I just hope I’ll be one of those allocations.

… but until that build date, I’ll just hang out and dream of that first edition rolling on the lot…. And maybe periodically complain here that I still don’t have a build date. 😂😂😂
I like you positivity!! Actually, Priority 2 and I have been dancing around since July 5th so we're best buds now! 😁 I will admit that I'm getting a tired of waiting and this allocation system is really getting me mad, especially when I read about others getting build dates when they ordered weeks/months after I did. Yeah the allocation system does seem to benefit those bigger dealerships, which doesn't quite make sense to me in that, isn't a sale no matter where is happens good for Ford? Why "punish" a smaller dealership just because they don't have a large market like a big city dealership. It's like the idea I've floated out there that Ford should look at every June/July order still pending and give them all Priority regardless of dealership allocations and get those orders scheduled. Because they will are 98% guarantee sales regardless of where they are going. I guess it would make too much sense.
Sponsored

Last edited: