First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford is also doing four weeks of Bronco scheduling this week too so my wife could get her scheduling email the same week I get mine! I could also win Powerball too.
Sponsored

mattzar

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Audi A3 89 Chevy S10 20 Pacifica S
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford is also doing four weeks of Bronco scheduling this week too so my wife could get her scheduling email the same week I get mine! I could also win Powerball too.
At this point...the odds are winning the Powerball

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Do people really care if you're driving a basically still new 2022 vehicle in 2023? We purchased a 2015 model vehicle in 2016 once.. granted it was a large discount.. but still. I don't understand caring about that, personally.

Ford is just really getting started on this build-to-order business model. They will get better and things won't always be this way.

onetequilatwo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid Lariat Maverick and 2019 RAV4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Do people really care if you're driving a basically still new 2022 vehicle in 2023? We purchased a 2015 model vehicle in 2016 once.. granted it was a large discount.. but still. I don't understand caring about that, personally.

Ford is just really getting started on this build-to-order business model. They will get better and things won't always be this way.
Comparing changes before my truck arrives has crossed my mind. Unless it is significant will be happy to final get the MY22. It is price protected as $890 plus any potential MY23 increases. The used car market may not be as good and in MA the excise tax will be better with a MY22 going forward.

If this was buy off the lot, would have never had time to learn about stuff as accessories, x-plan, ordering process. It's been good on the very plus side and some disappointment on the waiting side, but maybe more understanding.

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When i ordered my Lariat Lux Hybrid back in July i hoped it would be my Christmas present and then i lowered my expectations and scheduled by Christmas would be my present with deliver for my Birthday in March. Now i would like to get scheduled for my Birthday in March and delivery before the one year anniversary of submitting my order in July 2021. Next step is a 2023 around Christmas again.
I agree that if my July order doesn't get scheduled soon and if news comes out about some nice updates to the 2023 then I will just order a 2023...

Sponsored

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There are unlikely to be any significant changes to 2023.

AzCactusGray

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C5, SC430, 67XKE, 08 XJR, 78 F250, 22 Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ok great cancel your order lol. Your stealerships will thank you. Carry on :ROFLMAO:
That is a very kind and helpful response to my post. I am sure it speaks clearly to how you live life. I'm sure others will find it of great use as well. Thank you for taking the time to share your well thought out helpful response. I will share with you that I do not give a second thought to if I keep my order or cancel my order may or may not affect a dealership. Why anyone would consider such in what is a business decision rather baffles me. Going by your response to my post you seem to think I should consider how it affects the dealership in my decision. Would you so kindly explain that thought process further and enlighten me? Thank you.

AzCactusGray

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C5, SC430, 67XKE, 08 XJR, 78 F250, 22 Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I could not care less what people think about what vehicle I drive or what year the vehicle is. However, I think paying full price (or more due to ADM) for a vehicle that will quickly become a year old in significantly less than a year is not a choice I find sensible from a financial point of view. I do not see Ford or Dealers discounting MY22 in MY23. However, looking forward financially, I think over time the difference in depreciation will be clear. It is now as it has been for years, there can be two vehicles in identical condition one year apart and the one that is 1 year older will retain less of its original value. If it makes financial sense for you to purchase a v in the model year ( in my case I ordered it before the model year and is now looking I will not receive it until late in the model) and not receive it until the next model year vehicle is rolling off the assembly line, I say go for it, you be you. My perspective however is different. I also feel the business model Ford is pushing will continue to screw customers over as long as the dealer allotment scheme is in place.

Catmandu

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Interesting... Just got a call from my dealer with my VIN assigned and said it will be scheduled for 3/14 production. Maybe they get the order pull list earlier than the emails go out.

Sponsored

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I could not care less what people think about what vehicle I drive or what year the vehicle is. However, I think paying full price (or more due to ADM) for a vehicle that will quickly become a year old in significantly less than a year is not a choice I find sensible from a financial point of view.
Buying a new car at any time is not sensible from a financial point of view. If we were all financially sensible, we'd be driving 10-year-old Toyota cars having let previous owners eat the depreciation.

Being that the act of buying a brand new car is, in and of itself, financially irresponsible... paying ADM on one is basically unspeakable. Definitely don't do that.

Captain

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
63 Nova Convertible /
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I could not care less what people think about what vehicle I drive or what year the vehicle is. However, I think paying full price (or more due to ADM) for a vehicle that will quickly become a year old in significantly less than a year is not a choice I find sensible from a financial point of view. I do not see Ford or Dealers discounting MY22 in MY23. However, looking forward financially, I think over time the difference in depreciation will be clear. It is now as it has been for years, there can be two vehicles in identical condition one year apart and the one that is 1 year older will retain less of its original value. If it makes financial sense for you to purchase a v in the model year ( in my case I ordered it before the model year and is now looking I will not receive it until late in the model) and not receive it until the next model year vehicle is rolling off the assembly line, I say go for it, you be you. My perspective however is different. I also feel the business model Ford is pushing will continue to screw customers over as long as the dealer allotment scheme is in place.
I hadn’t thought of it that way… actually we are buying a “leftover” vehicle.. I have bought many many cars over the years.. usually I wait for the new models to come out and get a really good price on last years models. I have never paid any where close to MSRP for a car.. I knew a few salespeople at Toyota and Honda and in fact hooked my daughter up with a New Honda CRV hybrid that the salesman apologized when he could only get it for her at MSRP… she and her husband were thrilled because they were selling for $5,000 over. But this Ford fiasco is really making me rethink what’s happening. Ford is trying to change the dynamic, and is really screwing it up. I thought dropping sedans was foolish until I saw that Mach E and then this Maverick and Bronco… but clearly they dropped the ball. They have no sense of customer loyalty and are ruining a great customer base. Sorry for the rant but I’m old and I’m really tired of Fords missteps.

Shawner19

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 mazda tribute
Interesting... Just got a call from my dealer with my VIN assigned and said it will be scheduled for 3/14 production. Maybe they get the order pull list earlier than the emails go out.
Hi also from ontario Canada. I have emailed my dealer past Monday but haven't been replied to at all. I can't seem to get any answers beside what is posted on this forum so I am thankful for that

Turtle

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There are unlikely to be any significant changes to 2023.
That depends on what you call significant - Sync with full size screen - park assist.- awd hybrid are all enough for me to consider it. And these are all features available on a Hybrid Escape Titanium. I have a 2021. Mo tech the better.

Turtle

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
At a Priority 10 right now. how is it decided who gets moved up to a Priority 2??
Impatiently waiting! But, suspect that dealer will(?) notify me when I've
been moved to Priority 2? Or will I find this out, when, or if I actually get
a scheduling Email?
The process to date is nobody will tell you anything or communicate in any way. The region and dealer decide and it all comes down to allocations. Dealer has some then you get truck - doesn’t have any then no truck for you.
Sponsored