First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger / Lexus rx350
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They have some ecoboost trucks ordered 3 weeks ago to get scheduled.

Sponsored

BradG

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm just hoping that Ford will let me convert my 11/4 hybrid order into a 2023 before they open ordering up to everyone because it's pretty obvious it ain't gonna get done this MY.
Yeah that would be nice, and require the dealers to honor the original MSRP

Gconk

First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots of Fords
Well, me not doing the research into the build and delivery information I placed an order 2 weeks ago (before they announced the stop of orders) with the misinformation from the dealer telling me about 3 months out IF I didn't get the spray in liner... turns out they had no clue. Why don't sales people keep up and have realistic ideas of their own product??? At any rate, I have to move from Alaska this summer and if the truck isn't here by June I am not going to be purchasing it because I will have to buy something for the move. If anyone lives in Alaska and doesn't have an order I can keep you in the loop with their delivery estimates. (I am not going to cancel my order no matter what happens).

BradG

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Honestly, I'm starting to think there are problems with the hybrid engine unrelated to supply. I suspect this based on two pieces of information: 1. Continual push back on hybrid builds. 2. No EPA MPG numbers for the hybrid Maverick, yet.

Yes, some folks have taken delivery of their hybrid Mavericks, but there sure seems to be something holding back engine production. It could be supply, and it could be labor supply related issues with this last roar of covid cases.

I'm spinning a yarn based on very little info, here, but I find it odd that Ford is refusing to specify why production is slow.
It could be the ecvt transmission or possibly the battery

TooManyVehicles

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 F150 XLT, 21 BS Badlands, 22 Mav Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Had not called Ford Marketing phone number since August. Since my dealer called me yesterday to ask if I wanted to switch to 2.0 EB from Hybrid to try to get faster delivery (told him No), I decided to call Ford Marketing again today. After short hold, they looked me up, confirmed order again, said ROVP was good, and since I was a June order, it should be scheduled for build in the next month or two. Told me Ford was really trying to get the June and July Hybrid orders built ASAP.

So, maybe some hope I'll get it by end of summer. With so many of the Hybrid March builds moved to April, we'll see.

Wish I knew just how many Hybrid orders Ford actually has on the books. I've been trying to guess, but it's all speculation at this point.
LOL. There were posts here two months ago where the rep said the same thing.

TooManyVehicles

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 F150 XLT, 21 BS Badlands, 22 Mav Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Been priority 02 since September, order August 10, might as well count me as an early June order been waiting long too. It's no pleasure emmiting it. Month on top of months.
Yep. I have a screen shot of my June 11th order showing me at Priority 02 on July 15th. I finally got an initial schedule in the December 3rd "lottery". That date was w/of 1/31 and has moved three times since then. So in terms of Priority 2, about 4.5 months.

Sponsored

Davidc83

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Problem with production is probably the computer chip shortage...I work here in Louisville Ky and there have been literally thousands of new 2021 F150 trucks parked in parking lots around the city waiting for computer chips.....but Ford has not curtailed the production of the F150 at the assembly plant here in Louisvlle.

Mavonorder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Problem with production is probably the computer chip shortage...I work here in Louisville Ky and there have been literally thousands of new 2021 F150 trucks parked in parking lots around the city waiting for computer chips.....but Ford has not curtailed the production of the F150 at the assembly plant here in Louisvlle.
Some here in the Detroit area... Lots of vehicles parked in parking lots.

Mavonorder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Some here in the Detroit area... Lots of vehicles parked in parking lots.
Just got a call from a transport company looking to buy a 23 acre vacant industrial property. The last job I did for this firm for a similar property ended up housing about 500 new f-150s.
Sponsored