First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’ve been waiting a little while (October) since I’ve ordered my Lariat 2.0. No build date yet. I might wait a little longer for the 2023 Maverick if Ford decides to put Sync 4 in it. I just want wireless CarPlay. Yes, I know I could buy an adapter for making CarPlay wireless in the 2022 model with Sync 3.
Sponsored

99nbbullitt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't understand this scheduling chart. When I ordered the Hybrid XL base package I was told I would get the truck by the middle of December 2021. I try to be patient with not getting any communications from Ford or my Ford dealership. But I did receive an email my order was confirmed.

Sponsored

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Captain

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
63 Nova Convertible /
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I may have missed an explanation buried somewhere else - but, what does breakdown actually tell us? These are weeks that trucks are scheduled to be built, but, it doesn’t tell us what or how may are being built?
Yes exactly.. it means that at least 1 Maverick truck will be built in each of those weeks. Of course it could mean, we were planning on building at least 1 truck a week…. But if we don’t there’s not a damn thing you can do about it. Cause you know, we at Ford “just don’t care”.

AzCactusGray

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C5, SC430, 67XKE, 08 XJR, 78 F250, 22 Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Buying a new car at any time is not sensible from a financial point of view. If we were all financially sensible, we'd be driving 10-year-old Toyota cars having let previous owners eat the depreciation.

Being that the act of buying a brand new car is, in and of itself, financially irresponsible... paying ADM on one is basically unspeakable. Definitely don't do that.
I agree up to a point in particular with personal vehicles. I as a rule, being very much a car ho, I purchase extremely nice cherry condition examples of cool, interesting older vehicles. I currently own several extremely nice examples of Corvettes Jaguars and other interesting makes of automobile. All purchased as used and extremely nice examples of each type. All that goes out the window when it comes for vehicles for my business. Because of depreciation and reliability and manufacture warranty, when it comes to my business I only buy new vehicles. So when it comes a personal vehicles I think new is often not the smartest financial move. However, when it comes to vehicles used in business, I think buying new vehicles is the only way to go.

99nbbullitt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Pretty typical actually, most months all of allocations are used the first week. Usually the other weeks are for dealers that have allocations and don't have orders that have the configuration they are looking for. Most of our orders are what Ford is looking to build. We listen to Ford Scheduling team when they tell us to let our customers know that a certain option is holding up our orders.
My Mav XL Hybrid is the base model with no accessories. It's the plain base model for $21490 carbonized gray. I think that can be built relatively quick...

Shakesbear

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
J. R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat AWD, FX4, 4K, Lux, no CP360 assist
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Might as well check into this X-plan at this point. No way in hell my order will be delivered in the next 90 days ;) I asked the agent on the Marketing team if the truck I ordered (non-hybrid) would be built in 2022 or 2023: "who knows" was the response ;)

Sponsored

Aarcher

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Ordered on Aug 5, XLT hybrid and no word yet. So far being told no hybrids in AZ. Really losing hope at this point.

BeeGuyNC

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What happens if Ford cannot build all of the orders for model year 2022 before the next model year, 2023, rolls out in late summer 2022? At their current production pace, safety recalls, and Covid set backs is it realistic that they can build all of the orders? Some on this site have been waiting since July-Aug for a build date. What happens to those who ordered in late fall before the cutoff?

DeeZee

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT Luxury Package
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I so look forward to paying full price for a Maverick that I ordered close to a year previously that within a week or two of my owning it will become last years model year. I am very seriously considering walking away from my order and being first in line when the order window opens up for 2023. I may have to wait a bit longer, but at least I have the chance of getting the vehicle and being able to use it in the same model year.
Agree…..depending on the changes like maybe a AWD Hybrid I would do the same.

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What happens if Ford cannot build all of the orders for model year 2022 before the next model year, 2023, rolls out in late summer 2022? At their current production pace, safety recalls, and Covid set backs is it realistic that they can build all of the orders? Some on this site have been waiting since July-Aug for a build date. What happens to those who ordered in late fall before the cutoff?
Good question. With scheduling dates now into March and adding in delivery time those who ordered in June are getting close to a year in waiting. So whether or not Ford can produce everything before the start of MY23, which is Oct 2022, only Ford can answer that question and Ford's current lack of communication it's highly unlikely anyone will know until the last minute. Of course, there's a lot of folks who will speculate as too what could happen, but again it's up to Ford to figure it out at the end of the day.
Sponsored