scottp01

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fiesta (on death's door)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Man if I had people hanging out waiting for me to send a new schedule and then freaking out when I didn't... I would hate my job. So they don't schedule next week. Doesn't mean they don't build. Just relax freaking out doesn't help especially for the mundane like scheduling.
Some of us have been waiting over a year without even knowing WHEN we will get our trucks. Some of us have older cars that we're deferring expensive maintenance. Some of us have totalled vehicles and are bumming rides or sharing cars.
It isn't too much for Ford to tell us approximately when we can expect our trucks. If they can't say when, then they shouldn't have taken custom orders. We're not impatient, we're just asking Ford to be reasonable.
Sponsored

Impetus19

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazda 3, 1979 CJ5 360 3spd, 2015 prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hot Take:

Ford should of not offered retail orders for MY '23. Give dealers allocation of what they could make with what components, and prioritize MY '22 wrap up. Allow conversion for MY '22 orders that didn't get produced.

This would of given them a chance to get caught up, still sell every Maverick they could make, and maybe launch MY '24 ordering a bit earlier with a clearer timeline to the start of manufacturing. Give dealers the option of take what they can get, or wait it out till next year. At 86k orders, with manufacturing not yet started, supply chain has to change dramatically in the next 3-4 months to avoid the exact same situation with MY '23 vins waiting to get produced late next year.

Sure, anyone late to the game that wanted a MY '23 would be upset with that, but maybe Ford could of used a "breather" period to make things right with the remainder of existing orders, and plan better for '24. Now they are gearing up to loose trust with all the first time orders for a '23, and erode any faith from '22 vins waiting to get made, and '22 orders that had to get placed as a '23.
I totally agree, why take orders if you are completely constrained on what you can deliver? Make what you can and let dealers sell it.

TheSEARCH

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Some of us have been waiting over a year without even knowing WHEN we will get our trucks. Some of us have older cars that we're deferring expensive maintenance. Some of us have totalled vehicles and are bumming rides or sharing cars.
It isn't too much for Ford to tell us approximately when we can expect our trucks. If they can't say when, then they shouldn't have taken custom orders. We're not impatient, we're just asking Ford to be reasonable.
I so agree with you. as an example of they took to many 2023 orders and know they cant possibly make them. Tell them NOW or at least in another month. I would rather be told sorry no way we can make you 2023 hybrid order sooner rather than 9 months later. .

Impetus19

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Man if I had people hanging out waiting for me to send a new schedule and then freaking out when I didn't... I would hate my job. So they don't schedule next week. Doesn't mean they don't build. Just relax freaking out doesn't help especially for the mundane like scheduling.
What are you talking about? You can’t build until you schedule. So no schedule means another week without builds. I would agree that freaking out doesn’t necessarily help anything though.

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What are you talking about? You can’t build until you schedule. So no schedule means another week without builds. I would agree that freaking out doesn’t necessarily help anything though.
I don't think them not scheduling next week means anything, personally. As far as we know, building is still on for week of 11/14. They can schedule builds for that week next week or the week after.

Sponsored

Impetus19

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't think them not scheduling next week means anything, personally. As far as we know, building is still on for week of 11/14. They can schedule builds for that week next week or the week after.
I don’t necessarily disagree with you, however the 11/14 build week is becoming less and less likely the longer scheduling is delayed, now 2 weeks. To the extent that i think it is unlikely at this point.

Landric

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Landric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT AWD FX4 Alto Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Still think they're gonna have all those MY22s finished by 11/14?

Let's face it; Ford is clearly is no hurry to start scheduling MY23 Maverick builds until they have a better handle on when they can complete production of all the MY22s that have had VINs assigned.

Given the number of folks -- particularly those with hybrid builds -- who have been repeatedly pushed back through October and into mid-November, it seems clear Ford will NOT meet its goal to completing MY22 builds by mid-November.

I think we can all agree that Ford is NOT going to come out and make a public proclamation on exactly when it expects to finish MY22 production. Give that, the best we can all say is that MY22 production will continue "for the foreseeable future." And MY23 production will begin "at a future date, to be determined."
I'm going to be really surprised if they manage to get all the 2022 VIN s built by 12/31/2022 with so many dates being pushed back.

I'm waiting on a 2023 but my 2022 should be here in a few weeks so I don't mind so much. I really feel sorry for folks that have been waiting longer than I have and still don't have anything in production.

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Exactly. They are scheduled into November. This doesn't change anything.

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Let's face it; Ford is clearly is no hurry to start scheduling MY23 Maverick builds until they have a better handle on when they can complete production of all the MY22s that have had VINs assigned.

Given the number of folks -- particularly those with hybrid builds -- who have been repeatedly pushed back through October and into mid-November, it seems clear Ford will NOT meet its goal to completing MY22 builds by mid-November.

I think we can all agree that Ford is NOT going to come out and make a public proclamation on exactly when it expects to finish MY22 production. Give that, the best we can all say is that MY22 production will continue "for the foreseeable future." And MY23 production will begin "at a future date, to be determined."
And where does that leave those of us who had MY22 orders and - NEVER - have received a VIN? I had my dealer convert my '22 XL Hybrid (with CP360) order to a '23 XLT Hybrid w/ CP360, but have no clue if that put me any higher up in line, (though I have doubts if there is such a thing.) Waiting almost a year now has gained me what?

Though I hate dickering with salespeople on the lot, I really miss the days when you'd just go to the dealership, find a vehicle on the lot close enough to what you liked, do the deal and drive home that day. This ordering process sucks.

JohnHartshorn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Toyota Sienna XSE - Mav Hybrid XLT LUX Area 51
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
tools have a lifespan. they retool everything nearing it lifespan and inspect and re-calibrate the entire line. a modern automotive production line is a fine tuned machine. you cant just ignore maintenance.
That was all presumabley done last month when they shut down the line for two weeks.

Sponsored

gwrace14651

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Back in the day I custom ordered a 2004 Ford Excursion 4x4 PSD and two 2015 Honda Accord Hybrids. The Ford took 6 weeks from order placement to dealer delivery. Both Honda Accords took about 8 weeks. Looks like we've really improved the process these days...:)

over2000lbs

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 F150, 2023 Maverick (rollover from 2022)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Dealer emailed me another preview scheduling report and showed me that 7 Mavericks are previewing on their end and my Maverick order is once again previewing for week of 12/5 ....

All have build weeks ranging from 11/28 to
1/2.

Whether they are scheduling or not no one knows yet... because dealer says if they weren't planning to try and do scheduling this week, they wouldn't be previewing any orders this week for Mavericks.

Last edited:

iwantmymav

Banned
Banned
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None

I hear what you're saying and the tone you're using. Is this supposed to be ground breaking information or something? Anyone with a pulse could tell no 23s were being built this year.

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Dealer emailed me another preview scheduling report and showed me that my Maverick order is once again previewing for week of 12/5 ....

Whether they are scheduling or not no one knows yet... because dealer says if they weren't planning to try and do scheduling this week, they wouldn't be previewing any orders this week for Mavericks.
I don't know how the process works. But I could see a case where Ford is already looking at the orders to see what they could put together for the week of 12/5 even if they don't yet schedule anything for the week of 12/5. On paper, you would have a better shot of being picked up early as you obviously matched the standards they are already looking for.

And that would be in line with my prediction on another thread that MY23 would start after Thanksgiving.

Last edited:

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I hear what you're saying and the tone you're using. Is this supposed to be ground breaking information or something? Anyone with a pulse could tell no 23s were being built this year.
I generally agree, though won't be shocked if they do start before Dec. 31. However, if you look through the responses to this thread, it's clear there are still lots of folks who expect MY23 production to begin the week of 11/14. They think they'll be finishing up MY22s by Tuesday or Wednesday of that week and starting to roll MY23s down the line by week's end...
Sponsored