MvrkECWI

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, Crosstrek
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So unexpected! I almost dropped my breakfast beer.

Last Truck Ever

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

They are having to retool their lines and thinking to accommodate the huge number of hybrids ordered, so they can actually produce that many, thus the delay. My guess is as good as anyone's, and that's the hope I wish to hold onto. 🤞😄🤞

hockeypukk54

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
They are having to retool their lines and thinking to accommodate the huge number of hybrids ordered, so they can actually produce that many, thus the delay. My guess is as good as anyone's, and that's the hope I wish to hold onto. 🤞😄🤞
No retooling necessary for model year change over. It's the same body, same engines and same interior. Only option availability has changed. If anything they might shut down for a day or two to do some maintenance that was maybe put off. Once there is a firm scheduling date it usually takes one to two months to start production. Some cases it was three weeks but that is not the norm. Theoretically they could build '22 models the same time as a '23 since the assembly line is only putting the truck together based on the order. Everything is sequenced for build.

Tirpitz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid+Lux in Velocity Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No retooling necessary for model year change over. It's the same body, same engines and same interior. Only option availability has changed. If anything they might shut down for a day or two to do some maintenance that was maybe put off. Once there is a firm scheduling date it usually takes one to two months to start production. Some cases it was three weeks but that is not the norm. Theoretically they could build '22 models the same time as a '23 since the assembly line is only putting the truck together based on the order. Everything is sequenced for build.
Well true except for Tremor which is a different body code.

Sponsored

Dadmezz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
1971 Maverick base price $1995 new. We had one and as usual no one could afford the payments back then on $1.60/ hour minimum wage At 8.5% interest rate. Now x10 more the name sake still can not be afforded at minimum wage $7.20/hr. and climbing interest rates. Ford said originally he brought cars to the masses to be affordable, but did he really? Is Ford closer or farther away from this montage than ever before?
🤔

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid, Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well true except for Tremor which is a different body code.
Which they could have made the tooling changes for back in July when they had a 2 week shutdown or they could wait until the Christmas shutdown to make any required changes. And not make any Tremors until then.

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Man if I had people hanging out waiting for me to send a new schedule and then freaking out when I didn't... I would hate my job. So they don't schedule next week. Doesn't mean they don't build. Just relax freaking out doesn't help especially for the mundane like scheduling.

Topfun

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
tools have a lifespan. they retool everything nearing it lifespan and inspect and re-calibrate the entire line. a modern automotive production line is a fine tuned machine. you cant just ignore maintenance.

Retired

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid, 2012 focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
1971 Maverick base price $1995 new. We had one and as usual no one could afford the payments back then on $1.60/ hour minimum wage At 8.5% interest rate. Now x10 more the name sake still can not be afforded at minimum wage $7.20/hr. and climbing interest rates. Ford said originally he brought cars to the masses to be affordable, but did he really? Is Ford closer or farther away from this montage than ever before?
🤔
That $1.60 would be around $22 today if we were still using real money. ie Silver Dollars and paper money backed by gold, rather than red ink. Just be glad interest rates are not 8.5%. Yet.

Sponsored

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Down for Christmas this year means 9 days off for the line workers.
9 12hr days for the maintenance folks.

OXHB619

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB 2.0
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hot Take:

Ford should of not offered retail orders for MY '23. Give dealers allocation of what they could make with what components, and prioritize MY '22 wrap up. Allow conversion for MY '22 orders that didn't get produced.

This would of given them a chance to get caught up, still sell every Maverick they could make, and maybe launch MY '24 ordering a bit earlier with a clearer timeline to the start of manufacturing. Give dealers the option of take what they can get, or wait it out till next year. At 86k orders, with manufacturing not yet started, supply chain has to change dramatically in the next 3-4 months to avoid the exact same situation with MY '23 vins waiting to get produced late next year.

Sure, anyone late to the game that wanted a MY '23 would be upset with that, but maybe Ford could of used a "breather" period to make things right with the remainder of existing orders, and plan better for '24. Now they are gearing up to loose trust with all the first time orders for a '23, and erode any faith from '22 vins waiting to get made, and '22 orders that had to get placed as a '23.

TheSEARCH

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Can they legally still make a 2022 after Jan 2023? Would it not have to be a 2023 model? Or silly me dates don't matter.
Sponsored