Sponsored

If You Weren't a Ford Guy/Gal Why Did You Get a Maverick?

DowntimeDesigns

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 Toyota 4Runner, 1994 Chevy S10, 2023 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Before the Maverick there were 12 GMC/Chevys/Buicks, 3 Toyota's, 2 VW's, a single Infiniti, Acura, Mazda, Nissan and only one Ford before this - a '57 Sunliner Convertible.

Its all about styling. Ford was just the first to bring back something that resembled a Mini Truck.
Sponsored

MAVRICKDAVE

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XLT Oxford White Tremor 24 XL Atlas Blue Hybrid
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I think I know the answers ........at least for me....... I had not bought a brand new vehicle in 28 years let alone a Ford until I bought the Mav in May of 22. After I found the Mav, found r/FordMaverickTruck or whatever it is on Reddit and then found MTC, I asked questions, became confident (or crazy) and ordered a Ford product.

What made you switch?
"First On Race Day" since the 60's (FORD). But I saw Jim Cramer on CNBC talking about his new Mavrick (end of 2022 i think) and saying he was getting 40 plus (i belive) MPG's. At the time my 1966 f100 no power steering no power brakes am radio no air conditioning and 13 MPG's was wearing this old man out. btw 289 3 spead auto..lol. Now I own a tremor and a hybrid and have a hybrid 2024 ordered. I drank all the cool-aid. But happy as a pig in mud.

Jackflash

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach E GT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think I know the answers ........at least for me....... I had not bought a brand new vehicle in 28 years let alone a Ford until I bought the Mav in May of 22. After I found the Mav, found r/FordMaverickTruck or whatever it is on Reddit and then found MTC, I asked questions, became confident (or crazy) and ordered a Ford product.

What made you switch?
The Maverick is my second vehicle. My primary is a Mach e GTPE that I drive 80 percent of the time. Mostly the only time I take the Maverick is for trips that are more than 200 miles round trip or I need to pick up something that fits easier in the Maverick. I wanted them both though the same dealership to build a relationship and for problems.

Steve Jones

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Never owned a FORD in my lifetime. Went into my local dealer for a test drive and they said impossible, all are spoken for. If you need a Maverick, you have to order one. So I ordered it without any obligation. Waited from October 13, 2021 to April 13, 2023 (yes that's correct) for the truck to arrive. I needed a vehicle for my business and looked used, but nothing came close for the price and the mileage is outstanding. I drive about 15k a year for work, almost all non-highway. Plus need a vehicle that could handle a small load from time to time, Then Consumer Reports came out raving about the Maverick and other reviews have also been very positive. I've very happy with my Maverick and selecting this as my first FORD vehicle.

Darklyter

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BASE
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Main reason was that I needed another vehicle to replace my well driven and wrenched on Dodge Dakota. It got to the point that replace versus repair was the better option financially overall.
Then it came down to timing and nostalgia since the Maverick was introduced at the same time that I was looking to replace the truck, and my dad had a 73 Maverick that I leaned to drive with, although of course that was the four-door car - in Grabber Blue 💙.
Third came down to price. Could not beat the price for the 2.0 EcoBoost option on an XL.
And that's where I am today with it, almost 2 years now and still very happy, and not missing cruise control very much lol.

Sponsored

The Bama Flash

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I and 76 and I had never owned before the Maverick. Drove a 2004 Tacoma for 20 years and loved it. Didn’t love the 18 mpg. Brought the Maverick because of its size and the hybrid option.

Tim d

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

What made you switch?
Not a Ford guy, always been Mopar and currently own 4 mopar's.that being said,I wanted a small 4wd pickup that tows more than 2000 lbs for around 30 grand. Mopar doesn't offer one.and the only competition was the Santa Cruz. I liked the mav better.

Robert C

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My first new car also.
It seemed to me to be an affordable hi milage
vehicle with a back seat and somewhat of a bed.
Perfect for me. And I wanted to try a hybrid.
However with the way Ford has handled this Maverick debacle you get a Maverick in spite of Ford not because you are a Ford lover.
Leave it to Ford to suck the new car buying experience into
a bottomless rabbit hole.
Waiting for one solid year now.

GreenLady

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeannette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-250 Diesel, 1968 Cadillac Eldorado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’ve owned 2 Fords, not because of the brand, but the vehicle itself. I bought my first Ford, an ‘02 F250 diesel to haul construction materials and it was a good deal. I never liked it. I hated the turning radius, rough ride, parking and the noise, but it was a powerful truck. I also used it to tow my 25’ Grady White. I still have it and am getting ready to use it again for building a cabin.

I ordered my 2013 CMax hybrid in 2012 because my specialty as a Real Estate Broker was energy efficient/eco friendly homes that save money and this was “walking the talk”. When I started teaching the green designation courses to Realtors for the NAR I traded it in on a compact SUV EV, which was a mistake, too early for the infrastructure 😖

I saw an add about the Maverick and it seemed to fit my needs. I’m always hauling things around and my poor dog didn’t have much room in the compact SUV so the ‘22 Maverick looked like the best choice and good mpg! It would ride like an SUV and my dog could have the whole back seat. So gone was the EV and back to a more dependable hybrid that fit the bill,, my 2nd Ford and 1st Maverick.

My 3rd Ford is my ‘23 Maverick Lariat Lux, Baby Bluz🤣 I guess you might say I’m a Ford gal now because I’ve never owned more than 2 vehicles of the same brand until now🤣

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'm an enthusiast, not a brand person. Have owned a Dodge Ram way back in 1996 (looked better than the F-150) and had the Cummins 5.9L. Growing up Nissan trucks, BMW's. MB, Chevy's. But at this stage in my life, I didn't need a full-size truck, didn't like the look of the Ranger or the Colorado, plus I wanted it parked INSIDE the garage. I have been very happy with it, I can make a run to the big box store and carry it home.

Sponsored

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat AWD, '22 Bronco OBX 2-Door
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Main reason was that I needed another vehicle to replace my well driven and wrenched on Dodge Dakota. It got to the point that replace versus repair was the better option financially overall.
Then it came down to timing and nostalgia since the Maverick was introduced at the same time that I was looking to replace the truck, and my dad had a 73 Maverick that I leaned to drive with, although of course that was the four-door car - in Grabber Blue 💙.
Third came down to price. Could not beat the price for the 2.0 EcoBoost option on an XL.
And that's where I am today with it, almost 2 years now and still very happy, and not missing cruise control very much lol.
it's one of the easier modifications to make to add cruise buttons and enable it on your '22 XL.

TCPTX65

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XL Hybrid, 2023 Buick Enclave
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

1. $19,995.00
2. Size (small)
3. Mileage

Never been loyal to one brand. Always been loyal to my wallet.

grod

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gilbert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Not a brand guy, have had every domestic and a few import makes. I was looking to replace my 2013 Equinox daily driver & living with SoCal gas prices, a hybrid was appealing. Enter the Maverick, with it's low price & hybrid it was a no brainer. I've only had it for 3 weeks but I can tell you, the wait was worth it.

pmasghar

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Tremor Atlas Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
First time Ford owner and first time truck owner as well. Very excited and enjoying my Mav Tremor. Actually i was planning to buy F-150 and then realized that i don't need a full size truck and finally bought the mav. Happy Ford Customer !!!

Old Fart

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT; 2016 Prius ECO
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Ditto all the above comments, friends just bought a new Santa Fe, back seat was ok but not stellar, didn't like the looks of the Hyundai, read several articles about the Maverick, talked Wifey into taking the plunge, in Aug 21, 14 months later, drove it home. Fits garage, ARE made a flush cap, that keeps stuff pretty dry and accessible. We were still able to afford to buy a new Camry for wifey, because we didn't spend all of her money buying a ginormously huge truck, that didn't fit in the garage.
Sponsored