Sponsored

Why did you order a Maverick? What are you going to use it for?

Smack

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm 63 and I got my Maverick to go to the office, go Skiing and Bicycling.
I'm doing a trip to Colorado this summer. I travel a bit as I'm a ski patroller and take classes all over Minnesota, Wisconsin, and the UP of Michigan.
Sponsored

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I purchased mine expressly for my (6) 1k mile fishing trips a year to keep the 6000 miles off my other daily drivers. Plus occasional running around..

20MAVVB

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco S
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The Mavrick replaces a 2011, red Ford Ranger XLT, 6 cyl., auto, 4wd, extended cab (with sideways rear seats), bed topper, with load helper springs, pristine condition and pretty low mileage. With hot used truck market, a buyer was willing to give good money for it. I live in the suburbs and have reduced my off-road activities somewhat.
The Maverick seats four, has good power, automatic, looks sharp, has AWD-Off road package, w/ tow package, a number of upgrades in the safety feature dept. (360). Important other features include; it fits in the garage and wife can easily reach over the bed rails to the bed floor. It was dressed up with Lux package and sliding rear window. Its main use will urban areas. (and I got to pick my color.)
Except for occasional trailer towing the F150 was not needed. (Even though the new Lightning appears very interesting.) The new Ranger ext. cab is a 3/4, F150 size wise and wife cannot reach over bed rails to the bed floor. So the Maverick actually more closely matches the 2011 Ranger size wise. The Mavrick is expected to be very useful even though the bed is a bit smaller.

CTYankee

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.catvert68.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My daily driver was a 2014 Wrangler Rubicon 2-door, but we also had a 1999 Cherokee that we kept around as a spare vehicle. The Cherokee was costing too much money so we sold it and then decided the Maverick might be an inexpensive way to get a reliable spare to replace the Cherokee. We ended up buying a refused order (XLT Lux 2.0 AWD with moonroof and CoPilot 360) from the dealer lot and liked it so much that it became my daily driver.

I still have the Wrangler and drove that last week while my son's Fiesta was in the shop, since he doesn't know how to drive a stick (and doesn't want to learn). In the winter, I use the Wrangler to plow my driveway.

Hardening2753

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

26 here and this will be my "first" truck purchase. Never really been into trucks and never really had a use for them up until about two years ago. I have been a home owner for 2 years now and have had plenty of times that a "truck" would be useful but nothing requiring the current crop of full size or even mid-size trucks. Small things like runs to the local landfill, runs to the hardware store for mulch for the wife's gardening, etc all do no require full or mid-size trucks but do require something more than a car or even SUV. I have been getting by with borrowing my parents 94 Dakota.

The current full size or mid size trucks just have required to many compromises for what they offered in return (too large, poor mpg, basic features for the price tag, high price in general, etc...) for me to truly consider them as a secondary vehicle let alone a daily. The Maverick solves the majority of those issues to the point where it will become my new daily instead of being a secondary vehicle. Cheap, good on gas, decent standard features, SMALL, all play into why the Maverick will work perfectly for me.
Same here. Road or mountain biking a few days a week,kayaks,fishing,home DIY. Just need a fuel efficient small truck

Sponsored

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Same here. Road or mountain biking a few days a week,kayaks,fishing,home DIY. Just need a fuel efficient small truck
The "fuel efficient" bit is important in this day and age. Even though I got an eco AWD, pretty much every other new crew cab AWD pickup gets much worse mileage or is much more expensive. I needed a daily driver first and a pickup truck second.

Just today I parked next to a friggin HUGE new f150. If you need a big truck it's fine but I'd feel pretty dumb driving that big of a truck back and forth to work and the grocery store and even dumber filling it up at the gas station.

Hardening2753

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The "fuel efficient" bit is important in this day and age. Even though I got an eco AWD, pretty much every other new crew cab AWD pickup gets much worse mileage or is much more expensive. I needed a daily driver first and a pickup truck second.

Just today I parked next to a friggin HUGE new f150. If you need a big truck it's fine but I'd feel pretty dumb driving that big of a truck back and forth to work and the grocery store and even dumber filling it up at the gas station.
Exactly! Cool if they need it but most people with trucks do plywood and milk runs

Stive

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper, Lexus RX350, Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
1) $19,995 for me.
2) regular transportation.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Exactly! Cool if they need it but most people with trucks do plywood and milk runs
My wife called me when she was driving the mav one day and said some guy in a huge pickup was literally smirking at her at a red light- even though she isn't a "truck" person she totally picked up on the dick waving.

I asked her if the guy had anything in the bed of his truck - there was nothing at all. :ROFLMAO:

NeedForSteve

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Fusion 2.3; 2023 HPR XLT EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Gonna order when the banks open next month

Ordering because It's a great price to get into a small truck that I could use fairly often. I've found myself borrowing my dad's F150 fairly often and I'm tired of filling it up.

Sponsored

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Silverado , 07 mustang, 69 barracuda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Gonna order when the banks open next month

Ordering because It's a great price to get into a small truck that I could use fairly often. I've found myself borrowing my dad's F150 fairly often and I'm tired of filling it up.
So you bought an F-50 that's cool.

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Silverado , 07 mustang, 69 barracuda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Exactly :LOL:

For what I've spent in fuel borrowing my dad's I could have paid for the truck outright by now
I think somebody out there is cyberspace is making cool looking F-50 badges for these. I want to install some eco beast badges or 2.0 HO badges 🤣🤣

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick, 2019 GMC Acadia
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I drove a 2001 XLT Ranger extended cab from 2003 to 2005 and I had a 2008 XLT Escape AWD from 2007 to 2016, which I absolutely loved… it dominated the snow in Colorado and Virginia, hauled skis, scuba tanks, backpacks, and bikes for adventures, and moved me across the country three times. Unfortunately it needed more repairs than it was worth at 8.5 years old and 100k miles.

Now I live in the city and have a 40 mile round trip commute and two kids, so fuel efficiency and a back seat are important. I take my Cub Scouts camping 3 or 4 times a year, which is difficult in my VW Passat. My wife is tired of hauling mulch and firewood in the back of her GMC Acadia, and gardening is her main hobby.

I’m planning on ordering a MY23 Lariat Lux Hybrid. Inflation adjusted it will price out the same as my 2008 XLT Escape AWD. The size is perfect to navigate my tight driveway and fit in my 1950s garage. I'm back in Texas so I don't need AWD for the snow, but now my wife's family won't look at me funny anymore for not driving a truck.

The Maverick looks like the perfect blend of the old Ranger and the 2008 body style Escape, and it checks every box for me.

Last edited:

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ordered one in January i need a new car or truck since my current fusion would cost more to fix than it was worth. 4k in repairs is what my fusion was worth as well. Needed throttle body and had decent front gasket leak. My first car/truck was f f150 so i wanted to get a truck again. I saw the Maverick was affordable truck and I like styling of it. You wont find new truck for 23,561 anywhere. I plan to drive it around, do light loads of stuff . Eco FWD xlt. Easy to drive, park and fits in my garage. Had i got ranger, f150 it would have not fit my garage. Happy with it so far.

Ford Maverick Why did you order a Maverick?  What are you going to use it for? 297077233_5570272949729990_2087235128150131143_n
Sponsored