First Name
Oscar L
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick, 2014 Jeep WK Overland Hemi
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m wondering what’s the reason for you selling your maverick? I see that the market is still strong and there’s a lot of demand for it, for me, I traded in my Maverick with 4500 miles. There was a couple of things I didn’t like about it, particularly the way it drove. I had a carbonized gray XL Hybrid with the rear window, pilot 360 and a tow hitch, I waited for over a year to get it. When I placed the order there was no way to test drive it, pretty much just had to trust Ford that it was a good driving truck.

When I got the call that it had arrived I picked it up with no hesitation, it drove great during the test drive. I didn’t get on it hard right away and also didn’t carry a load for about 1k miles, I just wanted to break it in properly. The problems started after the 1k, when I was able to get on it a little more. 3 times while trying to pass on the highway the power cut off, it’s hard to describe the feeling but pretty much just felt as if TC was cutting off power or something. There was no chance I was losing traction and TC was kicking in at 50mph, but that was the feeling. My other issue was with coming to a stop. If regen was engaged, towards the last few feet of coming to a stop, it would disengage and it would feel as if I was slamming on the breaks, something about the transition between regenerative braking and the actual breaks is not quite dialed in yet. The ride was fine, it felt fine on the highway but at about 80mpg the steering felt wobbly, almost like a bad balancing job. Interior was very easily scratched and the infotainment kept freezing on me. Also it sucks that you have to be plugged in to use the apple play. I got a couple of door dings at a parking lot and both times the paint chipped, I feel like that shouldn’t happen but it did, that was pretty much the straw that broke the camels back.

Didn’t make it to the first oil change where I’m sure I would have addressed some of the issues to the stealership. To many small things made me decide to just get rid of it. I took the truck to Carmax and they offered me 27k, my msrp was 25,700 since I had a few options. In the end I decided to trade it in, they gave me the 27k as trade in value, I was able to save on about 2500 in taxes for my new truck, to me it was better than getting a check for 28,500 from Carvana. I went with a 2024 Honda Pilot for the family that I got for 1k under msrp and was able to get a decent APR, lower than Ford had me at for the Mav. I took over my wife’s 2014 Grand Cherokee overland for work and I haven’t been happier, I’m sorry I didn’t fall in love with it, I really wanted it to work but I feel like coming from more dialed in cars like the GC I was spoiled and expected too much from a basic FWD truck.
Sponsored

TheShark

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat Tremor, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I sold my '22 purely for the $$$, but unlike you I've got a '24 that's scheduled to be built in a couple of weeks. Obviously the Maverick wasn't fitting your needs and MPG isn't your first concern. Whatever works for you, enjoy your new Pilot.

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I feel like a lot of people fell in love with the idea of the Maverick, but not the execution/flaws. At the end of the day it's the cheapest vehicle Ford manufactures for the US market, so there are no doubt corners cut compared to something like a Pilot.

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU; 2019 MX-5; 2023 & 2024 Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have my 2023 Lariat Hybrid with BAP set up exactly the way I want it, including for towing behind a motorhome and in 7 months have had zero issues.

I'm not planning on selling it, as evidenced by my purchasing a Ford ESP warranty for it for 8 years. Additionally, it is such a perfect vehicle for every single one of my needs (economy, carrying capacity, luxury and safety items, towability) that I have a nearly identical 2024 Lariat Hybrid BAP on order to be built the week of 11/27.

Why are you posting that you bought a truck that you sold because it failed to meet your needs/wants? I don't get the point of your question? Are you looking for some sort of agreement or justification? Were I you, I'd go join the Honda Pilot Club, if there is one. I had an Acura MDX (its fancier brother) and wasn't a fan. But I didn't go to an MDX group for validation of my decision to sell it.

OP
OP
Blackstang20

Blackstang20

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Oscar L
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I sold my '22 purely for the $$$, but unlike you I've got a '24 that's scheduled to be built in a couple of weeks. Obviously the Maverick wasn't fitting your needs and MPG isn't your first concern. Whatever works for you, enjoy your new Pilot.
Thank you, yes Gad was not a big factor but I won’t lie, it was very nice pumping gas once every 2 weeks, and definitely money was a big motivator, if there was more for me to lose I’m sure I would have put up with some of the issues.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Blackstang20

Blackstang20

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Oscar L
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I feel like a lot of people fell in love with the idea of the Maverick, but not the execution/flaws. At the end of the day it's the cheapest vehicle Ford manufactures for the US market, so there are no doubt corners cut compared to something like a Pilot.
Theres no doubt it is definitely worth every cent of the msrp, the flaws were a deal breaker for me but I’m sure for many other people they won’t be and the pros will outweigh the cons.

OP
OP
Blackstang20

Blackstang20

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Oscar L
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have my 2023 Lariat Hybrid with BAP set up exactly the way I want it, including for towing behind a motorhome and in 7 months have had zero issues.

I'm not planning on selling it, as evidenced by my purchasing a Ford ESP warranty for it for 8 years. Additionally, it is such a perfect vehicle for every single one of my needs (economy, carrying capacity, luxury and safety items, towability) that I have a nearly identical 2024 Lariat Hybrid BAP on order to be built the week of 11/27.

Why are you posting that you bought a truck that you sold because it failed to meet your needs/wants? I don't get the point of your question? Are you looking for some sort of agreement or justification? Were I you, I'd go join the Honda Pilot Club, if there is one. I had an Acura MDX (its fancier brother) and wasn't a fan. But I didn't go to an MDX group for validation of my decision to sell it.
This being a maverick truck club I’m sure there’s people joining it looking to buy the truck not everyone is a current owner, so I feel like the information should be out there for people to make their own decisions, no validation needed bud but thanks for your one uping attitude and negativity, I’m sure it serves you well, cheers

TheShark

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

This being a maverick truck club I’m sure there’s people joining it looking to buy the truck not everyone is a current owner, so I feel like the information should be out there for people to make their own decisions, no validation needed bud but thanks for your one uping attitude and negativity, I’m sure it serves you well, cheers
Exactly, the Maverick isn't for everyone and if you find something better that meets your needs then so be it, it's your money.

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I sold my 2022 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid with 9,269 miles on it that I had for 1 3/4 years to Carvana for $31,404. That payment was $5,336 in profit over my total out-the-door cost of $26,068.

I used the Carvana payment to purchase my new 2023 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid for the total out-the-door cost of $28,341.

In effect the result was replacing my 2022 Maverick with my 2023 Maverick and getting paid $3,063

The only reason I sold my 2022 Maverick and purchased the 2023 Maverick was because I wanted the "Trailer Hitch" that was missing on the 2022.

TheShark

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I sold my 2022 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid with 9,269 miles on it that I had for 1 3/4 years to Carvana for $31,404. That payment was $5,336 in profit over my total out-the-door cost of $26,068.

I used the Carvana payment to purchase my new 2023 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid for the total out-the-door cost of $28,341.

In effect the result was replacing my 2022 Maverick with my 2023 Maverick and getting paid $3,063

The only reason I sold my 2022 Maverick and purchased the 2023 Maverick was because I wanted the "Trailer Hitch" that was missing on the 2022.
So you got a trailer hitch and $3k for the trouble. Not bad.

Sponsored

Oscarcat

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Lariat, Lexus NX 300 Chrysler PT Cruiser 5 spd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’m wondering what’s the reason for you selling your maverick? I see that the market is still strong and there’s a lot of demand for it, for me, I traded in my Maverick with 4500 miles. There was a couple of things I didn’t like about it, particularly the way it drove. I had a carbonized gray XL Hybrid with the rear window, pilot 360 and a tow hitch, I waited for over a year to get it. When I placed the order there was no way to test drive it, pretty much just had to trust Ford that it was a good driving truck.

When I got the call that it had arrived I picked it up with no hesitation, it drove great during the test drive. I didn’t get on it hard right away and also didn’t carry a load for about 1k miles, I just wanted to break it in properly. The problems started after the 1k, when I was able to get on it a little more. 3 times while trying to pass on the highway the power cut off, it’s hard to describe the feeling but pretty much just felt as if TC was cutting off power or something. There was no chance I was losing traction and TC was kicking in at 50mph, but that was the feeling. My other issue was with coming to a stop. If regen was engaged, towards the last few feet of coming to a stop, it would disengage and it would feel as if I was slamming on the breaks, something about the transition between regenerative braking and the actual breaks is not quite dialed in yet. The ride was fine, it felt fine on the highway but at about 80mpg the steering felt wobbly, almost like a bad balancing job. Interior was very easily scratched and the infotainment kept freezing on me. Also it sucks that you have to be plugged in to use the apple play. I got a couple of door dings at a parking lot and both times the paint chipped, I feel like that shouldn’t happen but it did, that was pretty much the straw that broke the camels back.

Didn’t make it to the first oil change where I’m sure I would have addressed some of the issues to the stealership. To many small things made me decide to just get rid of it. I took the truck to Carmax and they offered me 27k, my msrp was 25,700 since I had a few options. In the end I decided to trade it in, they gave me the 27k as trade in value, I was able to save on about 2500 in taxes for my new truck, to me it was better than getting a check for 28,500 from Carvana. I went with a 2024 Honda Pilot for the family that I got for 1k under msrp and was able to get a decent APR, lower than Ford had me at for the Mav. I took over my wife’s 2014 Grand Cherokee overland for work and I haven’t been happier, I’m sorry I didn’t fall in love with it, I really wanted it to work but I feel like coming from more dialed in cars like the GC I was spoiled and expected too much from a basic FWD truck.
Sometimes being an early adopter has its consequences. You paid a lower price but faced the teething issues of a new product. Even though Ford has been making hybrids since the mid 2000's, it seems every new application comes with issues. At least you made out well financially. I would not compare a Honda Pilot to a Maverick. The two are designed to serve different purposes. Personally, I tried using an SUV in place of a truck and it didn't work for me. I need an open bed. I have a '22 Mav EB in my garage and when my '24 Mav hybrid comes [in production this week] I will shed a few tears because in 8700 miles my EB has been a pleasure to drive.

FabMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I traded my 2,000 mile '22 Hybrid XL which had some outstanding recalls for a new '23 XLT and got $572 back ($72 + Farm Bureau rebate). So I moved up a trim level and the '23 had CP360 too. I did not make out as well as huunvubu, but didn't have any tax implications. I love them both.

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Silverado , 07 mustang, 69 barracuda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am very happy with my 2022 XLT Eco. Ya the plastics scratch easily, but I am super careful with my vehicles. Always have been, so that's not an issue for me. Have not had door ding issues because I always park way out in the boonies, or strategically park so people have enough room that a door ding isnt gonna happen. All vehicles have "thin paint" these days. Hows it gonna hold up for the long haul I have no idea, but I am more on top of preventative maintenance than most people. I have 15,000 miles logged on mine since taking delivery of it last November. I have no reason to sell it. I absolutely love this little truck.

Old_Norm

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Mach E 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

The decision to sell a Ford Maverick is a multifaceted one, influenced by changing needs, technological advancements, financial considerations, environmental consciousness, and market dynamics. While parting with a beloved vehicle can be bittersweet, it often represents a strategic and pragmatic choice aligned with the evolving preferences and circumstances of the owner. As the automotive landscape continues to evolve, the reasons behind selling a Ford Maverick will likely remain diverse and reflective of the dynamic nature of individual lifestyles and priorities.

BluegrassNbass

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Clif
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid