Sponsored

If You Weren't a Ford Guy/Gal Why Did You Get a Maverick?

Jman79

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saturn Vue, Honda Odessey, Ford Maverick 🤞MY24
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Timing + Needs. My current car is 20 years old and was ready to take it to at least 25. Was looking at AC compressor replacement & Evap issues. Evap issues was being a pita and while looking into that I found some serious frame rust. Sooooo ... I looked into buying our families second Honda Odyssey. It's pretty amazing what you can do with a minivan. Well the COVID market left Van prices in shambles new and used.

Enter the base Mav that can accomplish most of what I'd do with the van for less out of pocket and new vs used, all while remaining an economical commuter. Less of a people hauler but a more capable work hauler. I do more of that anyway, building materials, yard waste, furniture pickups, etc. It will offset the families hauling capabilities but remains reasonable as Dads commuter car.

No other options like that seem to exist at the moment.
Sponsored

Last edited:

C Brown

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
C.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid (Shipping in Oct. '23)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think I know the answers ........at least for me....... I had not bought a brand new vehicle in 28 years let alone a Ford until I bought the Mav in May of 22. After I found the Mav, found r/FordMaverickTruck or whatever it is on Reddit and then found MTC, I asked questions, became confident (or crazy) and ordered a Ford product.

What made you switch?
Our last new car purchase was a 2006 Honda Civic sedan, but we've had 2 used PT Cruisers since (one was the GT turbo), and a used Subaru Outback. However, I drove many Fords as "company cars" (about 8; I was in outside sales) for over 23 years (last one was a 2015 FLEX). When I heard about the '22 Ford Maverick with 2.5L hybrid standard, I was very interested (I currently have a 2016 Prius I bought used). I spoke with my wife & we ordered a '23 XLT 2.5L hybrid (Options: Hot Pepper Red, Luxury Pkg., CoPilot360, & Spray-in bedliner) in Sept. '22 and just got it delivered last week on Oct. 16! In ordering we liked 1) the size & easy parking, 2) that it sits higher than a sedan, 3) the four doors, to sit 4 adults, 4) the 37+ MPG, 5) the short bed utility, and 6) all at a relatively low Price (when ordered it was $26.5k plus options).

BILLNOROVILLE

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
prius, Hybrid XLT, Honda 1100Rebel, 2) Hawk 650NT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Getting my 22my Maverick in December 2021 was my 64th car/truck. Most make owed were Volvo 240 and P1800 models. My very first car in 1964 was a Volvo 444 that I paid 90.00 for,
I did buy a used 73 Maverick POS in 1983 because I had a newborn and needed 4 doors. I didn't keep it long. I have owned a few GM cars with a new 1970 Chevy Nova being a great cheap car that made it fine driving to East coast and back to West coast. Last car was a GM use 2016 Volt I sold to Carvan after 3 years and put the money on the Maverick.

Owned a 68 and 73 Ranchero. Liked them. Last Ford was actually a similar truck. A 2002 Sport Trac. Like it a lot but gas mileage really sucked. I kept it for 12 years but did not drive it much as I had motorcycles and other cars. I sold it before buying the Volt but missed it.

One day in September 2021 I was talking to someone about owning a 4 door short bed 4 door truck and they said go check out the new Maverick. I went to our local dealer the next day after looking online to see what it was. Great a replacement finally for my Sport Trac and great gas mileage. The dealer had just dropped the 1295 markup and said I could buy it at MSRP. I go a basic white XLT with only a hitch as an option. I gave them a 500.00 check and waited 97 days. It arrived on my 73rd birthday. If any other major company had come out with something comparable, and priced like it before then I would have owned it already. Ford beat them to it.
Sponsored