First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
A reputable dealer shared on Facebook. Key constraints mainly unchanged, though it appears they are singling out a specific hitch. I'll cross reference the order guide in a bit.

Ford Maverick Maverick Scheduling Week of 12/01/22: All of January FB_IMG_1669665781062
Sponsored

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU; 2019 MX-5; 2023 & 2024 Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A reputable dealer shared on Facebook. Key constraints mainly unchanged.

FB_IMG_1669665781062.jpg
Let's hope some of us cancelled orders get included in the 12/1 scheduling, after the 11/30 dealer deadline to re-enter the orders with the dealer priority. Not holding my breath, but it could happen.

OP
OP
commadorebob

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have done some digging around. I think this hitch constraint is limited to standalone hitches. So, basically, there is nothing different from the last time they scheduled. Hopefully, they will migrate the cancelled VINs on 11/30 so they will be available for scheduling on 12/01. But it appears the same constraints we had last time are in play again.

The basis of my conclusion follows.
This is from a memo back in August related to Maverick constraints:
Ford Maverick Maverick Scheduling Week of 12/01/22: All of January 1669669449225

This is from the price guide:
Ford Maverick Maverick Scheduling Week of 12/01/22: All of January 1669669490185

This is from the order guide (it is included in the XLT lux and Tremor packages as well):
Ford Maverick Maverick Scheduling Week of 12/01/22: All of January 1669669624995

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU; 2019 MX-5; 2023 & 2024 Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have done some digging around. I think this hitch constraint is limited to standalone hitches. So, basically, there is nothing different from the last time they scheduled. Hopefully, they will migrate the cancelled VINs on 11/30 so they will be available for scheduling on 12/01. But it appears the same constraints we had last time are in play again.

The basis of my conclusion follows.
This is from a memo back in August related to Maverick constraints:
1669669449225.png

This is from the price guide:
1669669490185.png

This is from the order guide (it is included in the XLT lux and Tremor packages as well):
1669669624995.png
I think your reasoning is sound. IF it was the actual hitch being the problem, A. They would have separated it from the Lux package like they did 6 other items, or B. They'd declare the whole Lux package as constraint.

10Terp

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Explorer XLT, '06 Escape Hybrid, '04 Expy
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Haha, of course the ONE option on my XLT Hybrid order (you know, other than the whole hybrid thing), is the hitch. Now I get to wrestle with whether or not to drop that.

I'm having trouble wrapping my head around why this doesn't make the Lux package a constraint now, though.

Sponsored

scottp01

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fiesta (on death's door)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Haha, of course the ONE option on my XLT Hybrid order (you know, other than the whole hybrid thing), is the hitch. Now I get to wrestle with whether or not to drop that.
It seems like they're prioritizing the packages over the standalone hitch, so adding the Lux package could actually make it get scheduled quicker.

OP
OP
commadorebob

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I personally would say to stay the course. Either get what you want or get something else. The hybrid will be what keeps you from getting a truck before the hitch will.

Honestly, the list of constraints listed is pretty much the same list given to dealers a couple weeks ago of the order-to-capacity breakdown. So, the hitch will likely be a permanent fixture.

It seems like they're prioritizing the packages over the standalone hitch, so adding the Lux package could actually make it get scheduled quicker.
Not a bad theory. The XLT lux order totals was a little below capacity.

That said, that was before the cancelled VINs rolled over. So, there's that.

bearsfan647

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EBike - Future Ford Maverick!
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
All of January? Then what would be scheduled next week? February? Or will we have to wait until first week of Jan for the next scheduling?

exciting though! Took my hitch off last week

10Terp

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Explorer XLT, '06 Escape Hybrid, '04 Expy
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I personally would say to stay the course. Either get what you want or get something else. The hybrid will be what keeps you from getting a truck before the hitch will.

Honestly, the list of constraints listed is pretty much the same list given to dealers a couple weeks ago of the order-to-capacity breakdown. So, the hitch will likely be a permanent fixture.

Not a bad theory. The XLT lux order totals was a little below capacity.

That said, that was before the cancelled VINs rolled over. So, there's that.
Yeah, I emailed my contact at the dealer (dEaLeR sAiD) to see if he has any insight. I've honestly been considering adding the Lux package back on since it doesn't seem to be constrained (I dropped it a month ago). Just not sure.

snowkarver

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60, XLT Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
All of January? Then what would be scheduled next week? February? Or will we have to wait until first week of Jan for the next scheduling?

exciting though! Took my hitch off last week
Seems like they're batching it up by month. The first wave of scheduling emails went out 11/3-11/4 for December, and not much since then. So my guess is virtually all of January goes out this week, and then just cleanup again until 12/29 (or after any holiday breaks) for all of February.

A bunch of XLT Tremors got scheduled last time, so 🤞 mine will happen this week!

Sponsored

22MavXLT

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT, 23 Maverick XLT AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Glad I dropped the hitch off mine before the holiday. I don't really need a hitch, just wanted it. Now maybe I'll get scheduled. We shall see.

OP
OP
commadorebob

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Glad I dropped the hitch off mine before the holiday. I don't really need a hitch, just wanted it. Now maybe I'll get scheduled. We shall see.
If you have an EB, keep the hitch. It might take a little longer, but the EBs should all be built. Order volume grossly under capacity.

22MavXLT

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT, 23 Maverick XLT AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you have an EB, keep the hitch. It might take a little longer, but the EBs should all be built. Order volume grossly under capacity.
It's not a big deal for me really. If I think I will need one later, I can always get one and install it.

scottp01

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fiesta (on death's door)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What are you basing this belief on? Lots of stand alone hitch orders have been scheduled already.
It all depends on what Ford has the parts for.

Based on the retail price for the hitch vs the cost to add it from the factory, they're not making a lot of profit on the standalone hitches. But if they have the parts to build Lux package, tow package or FX4 package, which most likely have a higher profit margins, they'll use those hitches on trucks with those packages over a standalone hitch option.
Sponsored