Sponsored

Suzysparks

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX Type S (Ordered a ‘23 Hybrid & Ecoboost)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

That sucks! I keep trying to tell the wife to expect long shipping times. I'm guessing the shipping wait feels worse than waiting to be built. Congrats on yours being built though. Is that your Heritage order?
Yes, this is the Heritage order. Yeah, knowing it’s built and sitting there sucks. Especially seeing others built afterwards and already getting shipped. Oh well… what can you do?
Sponsored

clos0791

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat, Alto Blue AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yeah, the next two weeks will likely be the best time to make any changes to your order as they are guaranteed to not be in preview. I've personally decided I'm just going to let it ride. While I would love for my truck to show up before June (and I'm still optimistic it will) I'm not going to change anything. I'll stick with what I ordered.
You ordered an EB, you may get yours scheduled after the roll overs right? I switched from Hybrid to EB last week. It's a small dealership so who knows if I will get scheduled this coming year. I got my second 45 day "sorry you need to wait another 45 days" email yesterday.

IdahoDirtFarmer

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 ordered '23 XLT, Eco, AWD, FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes, this is the Heritage order. Yeah, knowing it’s built and sitting there sucks. Especially seeing others built afterwards and already getting shipped. Oh well… what can you do?
Complain. That's all you can do. If nothing else it makes a person feel a little better.

Suzysparks

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX Type S (Ordered a ‘23 Hybrid & Ecoboost)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Complain. That's all you can do. If nothing else it makes a person feel a little better.
I don’t think complaining will get me anywhere. Nobody wants a complainer at this time of year. The Sport’s built, that’s a win still. I might call Ford Customer Support this morning and see if there is an update since the email said a few days to a week for shipping and we’ve passed that milestone.

IdahoDirtFarmer

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 ordered '23 XLT, Eco, AWD, FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don’t think complaining will get me anywhere. Nobody wants a complainer at this time of year. The Sport’s built, that’s a win still. I might call Ford Customer Support this morning and see if there is an update since the email said a few days to a week for shipping and we’ve passed that milestone.
I'd definitely call. May not do any good, but it can't hurt.

As a side note about vehicle shipping. A buddy of mine ordered his wife a new Subaru a couple years ago. They added on $1,500 shipping charge for custom orders. They were headed back east to visit their son when it was built and they'd be about a mile from the factory. Asked if he could pick it up at the closest dealer to the factory and reduce the shipping charge. Nope, shipping charge is the same if it's shipped 20 feet or 2,000 miles. Had to have it delivered to the dealer they ordered from no matter what. Apparently there's no way to offload it from the railcar near us. It passed a mile from his house on the train, went 600 miles further West, sat for a week in a railyard, then got trucked back by his house to the dealership 10 miles East of him. Hell of a waste of time and fuel. Took about 6 weeks to get here after being built.

Sponsored

JimJayJim

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Expedition
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I got an email from Ford 8:30pm last night saying my production week was moved to Jan 9 from Jan 2. Originally it was Dec 19.

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I got an email from Ford 8:30pm last night saying my production week was moved to Jan 9 from Jan 2. Originally it was Dec 19.
I am on the same schedule/update cycle as you Jim.

TdotMav

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No idea. I think there is a lot of unused allocations and the numbers would indicate January has some space left in the schedule. So, unless Ford plans to do some unannounced scheduling, my thinking is those missing January schedules will be scheduled that first week in January. Some people may get their "you are scheduled" and "you are in production" emails on top of each other...
I just checked my status today and now my Mav is in production vs. scheduled build date Jan 5th! Does production still occur up until Dec 24th or does the plant close as of tomorrow for an entire week and likely won't be built until Jan 2nd week as originally communicated?

scourgio

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT (first ever truck)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just checked my status today and now my Mav is in production vs. scheduled build date Jan 5th! Does production still occur up until Dec 24th or does the plant close as of tomorrow for an entire week and likely won't be built until Jan 2nd week as originally communicated?
I think/fear Ford has a lose definition of "In Production". I think it means the order has been sent to the factory. That's a great step forward from waiting and waiting. But I don't think it means the truck is on the assembly line. I think the status of a vehicle changes to "In Production" about a week before the vehicle hits the assembly line. I also think (not certain) there is no production next week. So, it's possible your vehicle will be on the assembly line Jan 5th.

I don't want to be a downer, but it's best to temper expectations.

Sponsored

TdotMav

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think/fear Ford has a lose definition of "In Production". I think it means the order has been sent to the factory. That's a great step forward from waiting and waiting. But I don't think it means the truck is on the assembly line. I think the status of a vehicle changes to "In Production" about a week before the vehicle hits the assembly line. I also think (not certain) there is no production next week. So, it's possible your vehicle will be on the assembly line Jan 5th.

I don't want to be a downer, but it's best to temper expectations.
I was afraid of this...ah well ... I got super excited for a day thinking I'm getting the truck 2 weeks ahead of schedule.

SparkyUWH

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have been waiting on my Mav XLT FX4 since Jan 14 2022. Built 11/18/2022. In transit ever since. I'm in San Francisco and dealer picks it up in Richmond, CA. Original delivery Date was Dec 1. Pushed to Dec 13-19. Called Ford last week and it was in Pittsburg, CA, 40 miles away and delivery date pushed to Dec 28. Called this morning Dec 29 and it hasn't moved for 9 days - still in Pittsburg on a rail car. Now Ford says delivery is estimated Jan 3-9. I expect to call on Jan 10th and they'll tell me March......
Sponsored