Sponsored

RanCheeto

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volt, Audi TT, 59 Corvette, 30 Model A, etc...
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Here is my take on my 2023 Hybrid XLT, if I dont get a build confirmation by mid January 2023 I will go to the dealer ask for my deposit back and they can have the truck. I will head over to Chevy, GMC or Toyota and buy. End of a sad sad story.
I would love a compact PHEV pickup from anyone... Problem is I would just end up at the end of another new LONG line... Toyota has been building the Rav4 Prime since 2020 and people are still waiting for one. They have built far less of those in two years, than Ford built hybrids in one year.

I will wait for my 22 to become a 23... If I get it by the time the weather breaks and I can go camping, I'll still be happy.
Sponsored

OP
OP
commadorebob

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Good question. I have on order a XLT FX4 with no further options, and I believe FX4 still come with a hitch right?
EBs are underbooked in total. Given the AWD, 4K, and FX4 were not even called out, I would expect that means Ford is not concerned about the order load.

Chicolini

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150s, Mustang GT Convertible, Mazda B3000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
From the data, people want cheap trucks
That is one possibility.
From the data, people want hybrid trucks.
I left a bunch of stuff off my MY23 order, in the hope that it would actually and truly be built. I added the XLT package, because they were making far more XLTs than XLs.

My must have items were hybrid and hitch. It doesn't look like that will happen in MY23.

palmtreefrb

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX2, Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nothing will be rolled into a 2024.
Yes, Ford did say that. But a good dealership will give cancelled orders that reorder a 10 to insure they get scheduled before new my24 orders.

Sponsored

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
According to Tim this evening:

68% Hybrid orders compared to 35% capacity.
32% EB orders compared to 65% capacity.

Other than the hybrid, standalone tow hitch and splashguards seem to be the items over build capacity.

XLT Lux = 30% capacity but 25% orders.
Lariat Lux = 25% capacity but 20% orders.
Tremor = 8% capacity but 2% orders

Appearance packages are all under capacity constraints compared to orders:

BAP = 10% capacity but 8% orders.
TAP = 3% capacity but "hardly anyone ordered it"

CP360 = 60% capacity but 50% orders
CP360A = 25% capacity but 8% orders.
SIBL = 39% capacity but 17% orders (Tim says leave off)
HBL = 25% capacity but 5% orders.
Moonroof = 38% capacity but 13% orders.
Hitch = 45% capacity but 65% orders... includes any packages that includes hitch.

Keep in mind those hitches are likely also on a lot of the hybrids that mathematically cannot be built. So, I don't know if I would remove the hitch. The hybrid would likely be the larger constraint than the hitch.

Note: this has been updated as more information had been requested.
Once again I don't mean to beat a dead horse but Ford introduced the Maverick as the First ever small full Hybrid truck with no mention of the Ecoboost. And now as with the past they're only building a fraction of the Hybrid orders!!! And before you jump on the Constraint and parts shortage band wagon We don't care all we want is our Hybrid truck as promised by Ford

ttthhasdf

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It has been this way since the Maverick was introduced. The 22MY had a 40% build constraint and they couldn't even fulfil that so it's no surprise that Ford lowered it to 35% for the 23MY.
My theory has been that ford makes very little profit on the hybrids, but use them to meet the cafe standards numbers for selling more expensive larger trucks. They know what the target number of hybrid mavs to make is to off set the numbers for the larger trucks that have more profit, and that is all they need to make.

Christenhildebrandt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Christen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes, Ford did say that. But a good dealership will give cancelled orders that reorder a 10 to insure they get scheduled before new my24 orders.
I wonder if Ford is going to have to revisit that issue given the demand. Or allow people to switch engines.

TheSEARCH

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Bummer. Sounds like no way in hell I get a new 2023 order XLT Hybrid with hitch.

So Ford is just going to let people THINK they might get one but in reality no way. Wow they really want to piss off people,. They should cancel at least the ones at the end of the line.

Sponsored

B2000

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B2000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Accepting an order is really not a promise. If you want that to be binding it would cost a lot more but more likely an automaker would just stop taking orders and you would have to buy off the lot. Same thing with financing offers- they are meant to boost sales at the time not at some future date. Ford doesn't have a big pot of zero percent or reduced interest rate money sitting around. The fact that they are honoring some of the old deals with today's interest environment is a big accommodation. I think Ford is done with rolling over orders and financing deals after this year.

Ollie

First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
I ordered an EB XLT Tremor! If I add a copilot 360 package do you think it would make an obvious long wait longer?

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
One complication is that there has been speculation that 2023 could be a short production year.

They could start making 2024 Mavericks by the middle of the summer to get on a more normal schedule where the new model year starts being sold around September.
I take it this way "They could start NOT making 2024 Mavericks by the middle of the summer"!

h20mxracer222

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac Escalade EXT and Toyota 4runner Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just great... Definitely not the news I want to hear. I ordered AWD Fx4 and Tow package. I NEED a hitch on all my vehicles. The Maverick is not much use to me if I can't tow my jetski or dirt bike. If Ford can't build it then Toyota better hurry up and announce their model very soon.

OP
OP
commadorebob

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just great... Definitely not the news I want to hear. I ordered AWD Fx4 and Tow package. I NEED a hitch on all my vehicles. The Maverick is not much use to me if I can't tow my jetski or dirt bike. If Ford can't build it then Toyota better hurry up and announce their model very soon.
You will get scheduled. Tim indicated the hitches will be used in the packages first and EBs are only using 50% of their order capacity. Plus, as I've spelled out in other posts, it is likely the over ordered hitches is proportional to the over ordered hybrids. Meaning once the dust settles, the hybrid constraints will take most of the over ordered hitches out of the line.
Sponsored