First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac Escalade EXT and Toyota 4runner Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not really sure I want to drop the 4k….plus I have a pretty bare bones XLT EB FX4, so maybe I won’t have to wait too long.
You and I have similar builds except I added moonroof, Lux package and cp360. The stress continues...
Sponsored

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Some quick Excel math.

48.53% of hybrids cannot be built assuming Ford only builds 77,800 more total trucks for MY23.
Ford has over half of their EB capacity still open.
Ford has 3X as much Tremor capacity remaining as orders taken.
Ford has 2X as much CP360 Assist capacity remaining as orders taken.
Ford has almost double the number of moonroof capacity remaining as orders taken.

Assuming an equal percentage of hybrids and EB took the hitch (65%), then the hitch overage is actually proportional to the hybrid overage. So, if you end up constrained due to hybrid, then the hitch over orders would have made no difference anyway.

1667961244009.png
Get on the suppliers to build double the hybrid components and build them all. How could Ford underestimate Hybrid demand so bad? If they made the EB standard, and hybrid cost $2,000 more (with twin battery packs) this probably look way different now.

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU; 2019 MX-5; 2023 & 2024 Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Time to look for different car. Looks like thousands of hybrids will not be built. So where does that leave us? Out to lunch. This is the worst time I have ever seen to buy a car.
Absolutely. We are stuck in "Please dealer, sell me a truck. Please dealer, don't screw up the order as you attempt to follow Ford's directions..." Sheesh!

B2000

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B2000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Just great... Definitely not the news I want to hear. I ordered AWD Fx4 and Tow package. I NEED a hitch on all my vehicles. The Maverick is not much use to me if I can't tow my jetski or dirt bike. If Ford can't build it then Toyota better hurry up and announce their model very soon.
If you ordered the 4K package you should be fine. It's the low dollar hitch only orders that might have to wait.

Sponsored

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU; 2019 MX-5; 2023 & 2024 Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Get on the suppliers to build double the hybrid components and build them all. How could Ford underestimate Hybrid demand so bad? If they made the EB standard, and hybrid cost $2,000 more (with twin battery packs) this probably look way different now.
This overuse of the JIT inventory system has come to bite them badly.

jons

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Who in the world would ever order a truck without a hitch? I mean even for this fake truck you at least need a place to install plastic figurines in there for truck customization. This should be standard and not an option even.

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

It won't be changed - manufacturers order their resources well in advance to meet their projections and goals , there is virtually no way that with all the supply problems that they are magically going to pull hybrid rabbits out of their hats and be able to change the distribution. If more people don't switch their hybrids to ecos then they'll just use the plant capacity to kick out more Bronco Sports. They either didn't anticipate the hybrid demand or they knew they couldn't secure the resources and set up the limitation. Maybe in 2024 things will change, for MY 2023 as they say 'it is what it is'.
Well maybe if Ford didn't decide to send hybrids to South America for 2023............

dcs12345

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Chevy
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You and I have similar builds except I added moonroof, Lux package and cp360. The stress continues...
I originally had the Lux but dropped the next day. I am a cheap ass, so I wanted to stay under 30K

Sponsored

Renho17

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It was on the OP. The orders are under capacity. Trying to have it removed from my order, but my dealer says they aren't able to in their system or and they don't know why. Something seems fishy.
Only 8% ordered it and they can build 10% so I say ur doing ok.

Renho17

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It won't be changed - manufacturers order their resources well in advance to meet their projections and goals , there is virtually no way that with all the supply problems that they are magically going to pull hybrid rabbits out of their hats and be able to change the distribution. If more people don't switch their hybrids to ecos then they'll just use the plant capacity to kick out more Bronco Sports. They either didn't anticipate the hybrid demand or they knew they couldn't secure the resources and set up the limitation. Maybe in 2024 things will change, for MY 2023 as they say 'it is what it is'.
i don’t think that’s true, cause last MY they said 30%, then it went to 35%, then it went to 40%. Not sure if that is exact but I know it was going up. And it seems they built a lot more hybrids then expected. Would love to see final MY22 numbers..

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Who in the world would ever order a truck without a hitch? I mean even for this fake truck you at least need a place to install plastic figurines in there for truck customization. This should be standard and not an option even.
I like your thinking here.

OP
OP
commadorebob

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
i don’t think that’s true, cause last MY they said 30%, then it went to 35%, then it went to 40%. Not sure if that is exact but I know it was going up. And it seems they built a lot more hybrids then expected. Would love to see final MY22 numbers..
My guess is they will try to shift resources around where they can. If Escape isn't as popular, move those hybrid parts to Maverick. But Escape also needs a full assembly line. So, they can't take everything.

wax87

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Avalon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

According to Tim this evening:

68% Hybrid orders compared to 35% capacity.
32% EB orders compared to 65% capacity.

Other than the hybrid, standalone tow hitch and splashguards seem to be the items over build capacity.

XLT Lux = 30% capacity but 25% orders.
Lariat Lux = 25% capacity but 20% orders.
Tremor = 8% capacity but 2% orders

Appearance packages are all under capacity constraints compared to orders:

BAP = 10% capacity but 8% orders.
TAP = 3% capacity but "hardly anyone ordered it"

CP360 = 60% capacity but 50% orders
CP360A = 25% capacity but 8% orders.
SIBL = 39% capacity but 17% orders (Tim says leave off)
HBL = 25% capacity but 5% orders.
Moonroof = 38% capacity but 13% orders.
Hitch = 45% capacity but 65% orders... includes any packages that includes hitch.

Keep in mind those hitches are likely also on a lot of the hybrids that mathematically cannot be built. So, I don't know if I would remove the hitch. The hybrid would likely be the larger constraint than the hitch.

Note: this has been updated as more information had been requested.
What is TAP?
Sponsored