First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Luxury pkg
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
"Spreading hysteria"? So roughly 6,000 builds by the end of 2021 is not an enormous disappointment? I also point out that the MacArthur guy also confirmed that no hybrids "until further notice" also concerned him. He tried to gloss over the hybrid question at first. Also, my dealer's local Ford rep told him last week that he wouldn't see a hybrid that wasn't already scheduled until "at least" next April or May. These are FORD people saying these things. Hardly "spreading" hysteria.
Sponsored

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
An eCVT isn't a requirement for a hybrid. Hyundai makes a few models of hybrids already that utilize 6-speed DCTs. And the Santa Cruz's platform-mate the Tucson is getting an AWD Hybrid version.
I don't think Ford has any hybrids that aren't using eCVT.

popyx9

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
From today's Ford scheduling bulletin / notes sent from Ford to dealers:

241359134_1537117889971399_413786240883167045_n.jpg

Full scheduling notes from today (from where this Hybrid Maverick notice is from):

1631044064809.png
I believe I'm going to get off this site, it's too depressing. Yea we are officially starting production, next day now we are not scheduling any Hybrid. Who's running the ship? From FORD Authority Web site sales are down 33% for August, wonder Why

thad17

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
SoFL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I walk now
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
"Spreading hysteria"? So roughly 6,000 builds by the end of 2021 is not an enormous disappointment? I also point out that the MacArthur guy also confirmed that no hybrids "until further notice" also concerned him. He tried to gloss over the hybrid question at first. Also, my dealer's local Ford rep told him last week that he wouldn't see a hybrid that wasn't already scheduled until "at least" next April or May. These are FORD people saying these things. Hardly "spreading" hysteria.
Production wasn't even supposed to start until next week. Dealers will not have them on lots because FORD is allocating them to retail orders. There are more than expected. If you think this is bad, go try to buy a graphics card for a computer. There are no waiting lists and bots buy up the stock. Buying stuff sucks right now, get used to it.

Sponsored

thad17

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
SoFL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I walk now
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just sold my Kia Niro today for $8,000 more than I bought it six months ago (I netted $6,000 off of it). So, it's not all bad (y)

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

es7129

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did I hear the guy from McCarthur Ford just say on his live YouTube presentation that like 6,000 Mavs would be built by the end of the year? Out of 100,000? Pretty sure he said that's what he was told in a production meeting today.
I believe he said 2700 built in November plus an additional 5000 in December. We should have roughly 10k total built by year’s end.

thad17

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
SoFL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I walk now
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I believe he said 2700 built in November plus an additional 5000 in December. We should have roughly 10k total built by year’s end.
Yeah, that's also what I heard.

Sponsored

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just listening to Tim Bartz and he stated that the "no hybrid builds until further notice" is only for this clean up week and doesn't necessarily mean that next week hybrid builds can be picked up. He also stated that Nov production goal is 2700 units and Dec is 4900 units. No units built in Sept are for Stock, Retail orders only will be built.
So the "hope" balloon floats up once again!!
Stay Calm and Maverick On!!
Remember Winter is Coming...So is the Hybrid!! :ROFLMAO:

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There must be some IP issues around the planetary eCVT. I suspect that not just anyone can offer it at this time.
Hyundai has quite a lineup of hybrids already. And some full EV

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

vap0rtranz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mav Hybrid XLT, '17 Chevy Colo Z71 diesel
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I really hate the term "until further notice" to many people that means builds will stop for an extended period of time with no certainty of ever being resumed.
Tim tried to backpedal on behalf of Ford by saying this bad news came from this week's scheduling memo. "Don't be concerned yet" ... he said, but then he admitted to being concerned. :censored:

But I totally agree with you. Here's some better English words:

"No Hybrids scheduling for this week"
"Hybrid scheduling will be reviewed next week"
"Hybrid scheduling is on hold"
"Chip shortages have forced us to pause Hybrid scheduling."

Get a Ford exec to reassure customers, like: "There are no known design or quality issues. The Hybrid scheduling has been hampered by the global chip shortage. FoMoCo is working additional part supply options. We will keep customers updated via our dealers."

Shadow.Black

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Van
That is what I heard too. My issue is (1) Ford announced this in June and opened reservations, (2) issued press releases touting 80,000 reservations and 100,000 reservations just a few weeks back.

This is either their original production plan or their revised updated production plan. Even if you say those reservation numbers are double the actual orders - Fords plan was to build 10,000 trucks this fall, with only 35% allocated to be the 'standard hybrid' which is what was advertised everywhere. When you heard Maverick you almost immediately hear 40mpg. This whole thing smells funny....

Just sayin
Sponsored