Sponsored

Will scheduled orders for 2023 Maverick 100% for sure be built?

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided
That is a good question as well. I am one of the lucky ones I suppose being one of the last orders to be scheduled. with a date. I am just worried that my luck will run out if I do not order a 2024 just in case. I do not want to do this though if I do not have to. Mostly because that is just another order in the 2024 bank that is not needed if I get built this year.

@fordvideoguy Any thoughts?
No need to order a 24 if you have a 23MY vin and build date. If they struggle to build it Ford will do what they did last year and put that order in the 24MY order bank and move it to the front. It's rare but it did happen last year and Ford took care of them. No need to worry.
Sponsored

Hardening2753

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

On paper, your scheduled MY23 will be built. To avoid a situation like last year, I would not be surprised if this last run is scheduled with fewer trucks than capacity to allow for moving around before the model year transition. We also don't have a set date for the transition yet, which means Ford may even push that back (and fill the empty slots with Fleet/Stock) to ensure all scheduled retail orders are built.

VIN = truck. They have already eaten an allocation for that VIN and if cancelled, it will be rescheduled as a Cancelled VIN MY24 with the same allocation at an even lower priority number than the MY23 rollovers.

My opinion is you should not have to order a MY24 if your MY23 has already been scheduled.
I have a build date of 8/03 so I did not put in a 24 order. I was in the fence about it but I figured I had plenty of time

Dynawide

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Cadillac ATS, 2011 Mustang, 2019 Ford Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ordered a Lariat in september, have a build date of the week of August 28th. Now I just sit and wait and see what happens.

FLAirGunner

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing yet!
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Jeep Wranglers used to have months of waiting for orders, I know I had one ordered.

Who sent you an email saying it had been rolled over? It is't an automatic roll over.
The e-mail came from Ford. I've not received anything from my Dealership.

Ford Maverick Will scheduled orders for 2023 Maverick 100% for sure be built? 2024 rollover

Sponsored

MM Mav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Lariat Luxury w/CP360 + CP360A
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Chicolini

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150s, Mustang GT Convertible, Mazda B3000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Agreed...order it just to CYA!
Amen!

In August 2021, my wife explained to me that she had placed an order for a Maverick Hybrid, without discussing it with me. I was surprised, to say the least. She explained to me that it was a zero cost option to purchase a vehicle (that was not even in production at the time). She said that if I didn't like it when it arrived, I could just not buy it. I could not argue with her logic. We did go back to the dealership and tweaked the options though.

In September 2022, when the order book opened for the MY 2023, we still had not received our MY2022. So the wife put in another order for another Hybrid, a poverty edition XLT that had few constraints. It was not price protected since it was a new order.

It's tough to make predictions, especially about the future. The order you make today won't arrive at your dealership for maybe a year. Who knows what your personal situation will be next year? Who knows what the auto market will look like?

Place an order.

Waterick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mav Lariat, '14 Prius, '83 'Stang, more...
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

No need to order a 24 if you have a 23MY vin and build date. If they struggle to build it Ford will do what they did last year and put that order in the 24MY order bank and move it to the front. It's rare but it did happen last year and Ford took care of them. No need to worry.
What if the existing order is unable to be built due to differences in 2024 options and changes (like colors, sliding windows)? Isn't this what allowed so many 2023 orders to get built before new 2024 orders last year? Now there are some still waiting for an original first year order.

TCPTX65

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XL Hybrid, 2023 Buick Enclave
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Last year "they" told us if you have a VIN, your truck will get built. Turned out that wasn't the case as thousands of VINs got cancelled. So who knows. There are no guarantees.
My VIN was cancelled, but I still got a truck. Granted, it was a MY23 instead of MY22, and it had a different VIN than the original, and it took 484 days from the time of the initial order, but I got my truck!

TCPTX65

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XL Hybrid, 2023 Buick Enclave
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

What if the existing order is unable to be built due to differences in 2024 options and changes (like colors, sliding windows)? Isn't this what allowed so many 2023 orders to get built before new 2024 orders last year? Now there are some still waiting for an original first year order.
I had that happen when my VIN was cancelled. I ordered Velocity Blue and it was discontinued for the 23 MY. I spoke with my dealer and told him to change the color to Atlas Blue before the VIN roll over happened. As soon as the window opened for the roll over, he switched my order and resubmitted and sent me a copy of the DORA. I had really good dealer so YMMV.

Sponsored

Mike215

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Honestly, I think Sept 4 is probably good. If it was first/second week of October, I'd be placing a backup order. Orders DO get shuffled around before being produced, but I haven't seen the kind of shuffling this year that happened last year, and in fact have seen a number of posts recently that makes it seem like the factory is actually running a bit ahead of schedule. Anything can change, certainly, but fwiw, I think you're good. Also, you're EB, the big constraint has been hybrid batteries, not EB.
Last year I was scheduled for 9/12 and it got built on 9/19 and I drove it home on 10/24. The 23 I ordered is scheduled for 9/11 so hopefully by end of October it will be in the driveway.

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
If you have a vin it will be built, no need to place a 24 order.

adsandiego

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 MAV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you have a vin it will be built, no need to place a 24 order.
Tim

My buddy has an unscheduled MY23 order w/ a rear sliding window and CG color. The dealer did what they were supposed to do an put in a MY24 order for his unscheduled MY23 order. BUT had to change color and took out the sliding window because they are not available for his XL MY24. What happens if he gets scheduled by October 23. Will they build it the way he wanted it originally or will they go with the MY24 configuration r? Thanks

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
Tim

My buddy has an unscheduled MY23 order w/ a rear sliding window and CG color. The dealer did what they were supposed to do an put in a MY24 order for his unscheduled MY23 order. BUT had to change color and took out the sliding window because they are not available for his XL MY24. What happens if he gets scheduled by October 23. Will they build it the way he wanted it originally or will they go with the MY24 configuration r? Thanks
24 orders aren't being scheduled right now. If they schedule his 23 order, it will be built according to the 23 order configuration not the 24 order. If the 23 schedules they should cancel the 24 order.

adsandiego

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 MAV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
24 orders aren't being scheduled right now. If they schedule his 23 order, it will be built according to the 23 order configuration not the 24 order. If the 23 schedules they should cancel the 24 order.

gotcha. ty
Sponsored