Sponsored

Dealer claims that 2023 Hybrid orders just placed will not be filled this model year

Fast64Ranchero

First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted 96 F150, 65 Mustang, 2021 R3
First off, this came from a dealer, so take it for what it is worth.
My Dad fell in love with my Hybrid Maverick and ordered a Hybrid yesterday 9/20/2022. The dealer he Ordered from told him his chances of getting it this model year are almost zero. According to this guy, the area Ford Rep told them Ford had more orders in the first 24 hours (Hybrids) then Ford can produce this MY.
I'm sure more will come out on this in time if it is true.
Good luck everyone I hope this info is false...
Sponsored

Jmav2152

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Mav, 15' KTM 1190 ADV R, 19' Husq TE250i
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
They have literally no quantifiable way to know that but okay.

Impetus19

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazda 3, 1979 CJ5 360 3spd, 2015 prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If that is true why would Ford wait until Tuesday to close hybrid orders ?
Well it was over the weekend, likely they didnt even run the order reports till monday morning.
No idea how they got this info but i think this is likelier than not to be the case

OP
OP
Fast64Ranchero

Fast64Ranchero

First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted 96 F150, 65 Mustang, 2021 R3
They have literally no quantifiable way to know that but okay.
I don't understand your thinking.
So are you saying Ford doesn't know how many orders were placed or Ford does not know how many they can produce in a MY? your statement makes zero sense as Ford knows both of those.

P.S. I'm in the same boat here, I have another Mav Ordered for my mother-in-law so I'm waiting too

Sponsored

Squanch_Lopez

First Name
Ernesto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Well it was over the weekend, likely they didnt even run the order reports till monday morning.
No idea how they got this info but i think this is likelier than not to be the case
They did send an email notifying about the unexpected high demand and that they would close the orders by "early to mid next week", so it seems they had some good idea a few days in advance, still they chose to wait until Tuesday for some reason.

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Assuming Ford is using a database to do store the data, it would take like a minute to run a query and shoot the dealers a notice.

Squanch_Lopez

First Name
Ernesto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Assuming Ford is using a database to do store the data, it would take like a minute to run a query and shoot the dealers a notice.
It would be crazy if they didn't store the data in a database.

gmanview

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Kia Soul
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My Dad fell in love with my Hybrid Maverick and ordered a Hybrid yesterday 9/20/2022. The dealer he Ordered from told him his chances of getting it this model year are almost zero. According to this guy, the area Ford Rep told them Ford had more orders in the first 24 hours (Hybrids) then Ford can produce this MY.
I hope I make the cut. I pre-ordered 3 weeks prior to 9/15/2022. 2023 XLT Hybrid in Carbonized Grey. I received my confirmation on 9/16/2022.

Impetus19

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazda 3, 1979 CJ5 360 3spd, 2015 prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Of course they have that in a db, but they need to get the word out to 3000+ dealers and there are likely to be a couple approval steps in order to make that decision.

Sponsored

Squanch_Lopez

First Name
Ernesto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Of course they have that in a db, but they need to get the word out to 3000+ dealers and there are likely to be a couple approval steps in order to make that decision.
I would think they have a system already in place to send emails to dealers, they send emails all the time. They sent one notifying they would close orders "early to mid next week"

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Automate it. DBMS applications can send out notifications once the results of a query reaches a set value.

mtd14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Chevy
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Eh I wouldn't be surprised. I knew I was entering a lottery, and with how many orders were day 1 and 2, I doubt first come first serve carries much weight (outside of rollovers). Fingers crossed I picked a dealership that gets a decent allocation but probably unlikely.

DonaldD

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DonaldD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My dealer in Central California told me the same thing today. I was planning to order a second one.

Jmav2152

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Mav, 15' KTM 1190 ADV R, 19' Husq TE250i
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don't understand your thinking.
So are you saying Ford doesn't know how many orders were placed or Ford does not know how many they can produce in a MY? your statement makes zero sense as Ford knows both of those.

P.S. I'm in the same boat here, I have another Mav Ordered for my mother-in-law so I'm waiting too
That any thing a ford rep or dealer says can be discounted as hearsay.
Sponsored