Sponsored

Dealer claims that 2023 Hybrid orders just placed will not be filled this model year

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
While I hope you're right, we're still in the middle of a supply constrained environment where JIT/lean manufacturing methods are totally at the mercy of the supply chain being able to feed the factory. Ford may have deemed 35% of builds for MY2023 based on a prediction that they wouldn't have enough parts to make more than 35%. Especially since batteries are in such demand for EVs.
On the flip side, Ford can point to their scale and active customer demand while negotiating supply. For a lot of suppliers, they would rather take 90% on a guaranteed ongoing sale than 100% on an intermittent one.
Sponsored

Jraoffroad

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F150, 2001 F350 Diesel Dually, 2019 Kia Soul
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford told dealers the would give them a weeks notice before the banks closed so shutting them down when they did was probably the soonest they could and much sooner than predicted or promised.

The order banks were a complete disaster, with few if any orders getting placed the first day. Friday the orderbanks were still slow and barley working and Ford still put out the notice they would close early to mid the next week. Orderbanks did not work as planned until Monday afternoon. So Ford getting overwhelmed before they could anything about it seems very likely.

Captain

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
63 Nova Convertible /
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I don't understand your thinking.
So are you saying Ford doesn't know how many orders were placed or Ford does not know how many they can produce in a MY? your statement makes zero sense as Ford knows both of those.

P.S. I'm in the same boat here, I have another Mav Ordered for my mother-in-law so I'm waiting too
Pretty sure Long MacArthur was entering orders quickly and going back to do the follow up forms later. The closing dates gave final dates to get paperwork in a short time later. So Ford wouldn’t know until a few days after closing the order banks.

Syntax Error

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Given the dealer allocation system, the time of which your particular order was placed only seems to matter within the given dealer itself. If you were among the first to place your order at your particular dealership, congrats, you should be at the head of the line assuming priority codes are the same.

Now it's just a matter of hoping your dealer actually gets a decent amount of allocations that your order actually gets scheduled.

B2000

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B2000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

As was said earlier any decisions at a big company like Ford would take multiple meetings and involve lots of discussion. I believe the batteries are the choke point and I don't think the battery makers are having any problem selling every one they can make to multiple clients. Glad I am only waiting for an ecoboost.

Sponsored

GTBuzz

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I wouldn't be surprised if this is true based on the "elephant in the room thread", Long Mcarthurs hybrid to EB ratio 80/20 and polls showing 80/20 in favor of hybrids. Perhaps dealer stock might offset that some.

Now that the price is the same I switched to EB for rollover. I only got hybrid last year because it was much less than EB. I need 4 seats and small bed. Don't drive enough that hybrid would benefit greatly.

My dealer said good move when I told them I wanted EB.

Landric

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Landric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT AWD FX4 Alto Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I wouldn't be surprised if this is true based on the "elephant in the room thread", Long Mcarthurs hybrid to EB ratio 80/20 and polls showing 80/20 in favor of hybrids. Perhaps dealer stock might offset that some.

Now that the price is the same I switched to EB for rollover. I only got hybrid last year because it was much less than EB. I need 4 seats and small bed. Don't drive enough that hybrid would benefit greatly.

My dealer said good move when I told them I wanted EB.
I'm in the same basic boat. Our current vehicle is a hybrid, I don't drive much, and consequently I won't save that much on a hybrid Maverick vs. an EB. Plus, I really wanted the Tremor (despite not actually needing it).

Luckily, I had a previous order with LM that got rolled over so my 2023 XLT Tremor is at Priority 10 and an EB. So, I might actually get it in 2023.

AzCactusGray

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C5, SC430, 67XKE, 08 XJR, 78 F250, 22 Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
well, I need to find a dealer that doesn't do the mandatory adders here in southern arizona.

then I hope we get a window where ford opens up orders for EBC AWD again.

one can only hope.

I might have been able to place an order today... but I was so annoyed by the dealers insisting on $1800 worth of mandatory dealer addon garbage (scotch guarding, paint protection, door edge guards, $600 window tinting..) that i moved to two other dealers. The last, wasn't going to require I take any adders, but the system crawled... and the bank closed... and I didn't get it in. oh well. MY2024 it is.

I was trying to get an Eco Boost and not a Hybrid... but still they closed the bank at 6pm today... just ran out of time... the smugness of the dealers with the unwanted mandatory addons just ruined it... I couldn't order from them.

so who knows... many next year we will get a EcoBoost/hybrid/awd option... LOL!
Hi, I'm in SA too. So in 2022 Jim Click in Green Valley was willing to do X-Plan and no dealer add ons required. The Sales guy Andy treated me well... so this year I wanted to get a 2023 through him. (Jim Click in Tucson would not do X-Plan or not require the dealer adds ons, nor would Homes Tuttle) However, for 2023 it became a different story. I wanted to order a second Maverick 2023 and I was bringing two co-workers along and they were each going to order one as well, and my sales guy told me that management said no X-plan and dealer add-ons were now required. Even though it's going to be at three order deal, that we were willing to do MSRP but not dealer add-ons, they wouldn't budge. So I started calling around. Oracle Ford in Oracle was willing to do X-plan, with no dealer add-ons, or for folks who don't qualify for X-Plan, MSRP with no dealer add-ons... However they do require $1,000 non-refundable deposit (that can be applied to any other vehicle...) But they won't give a priority code less than 19... They reserve priority code 10 /11 for the people that were doing rollovers from 22. I asked why not just give everybody 10 or 11, and they gave me some song and dance BS ... The Sales manager told me some crap that they were 134% over allotment last year blah blah blah blah blah... And they were not going to mess that up. The salesman actually told me and since we were using the X plan they were not making enough money off the deal so they were not going to do us any favors....Although I really did not care for their attitude, business is business, and them honoring the X- plan, not requiring dealer add-ons, the sales tax being lower in Oracle, and they give you a signed sales contract, I and my two co-workers each ordered Maverick on the 20th. (Which may turn out to be a lost cause) I realize it's too late for this year but you're already looking at 2024 and this you may want to keep Oracle Ford in mind. The not requiring dealer add-ons and the lower sales tax is attractive.

Last edited:

Haha48

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Also they have an issue with glowing hot catalatic converters like melring metal hot due to.to much fuel. You can see a video on YouTube.

It's bad software to much fuel going down the exhaust when cold

AngloSoup

First Name
Anglo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Old Beater
I was order 15 of 9 at my local dealership, so if order position matters, I'm out of luck. (Tried to place order first day with Chapman but they said they were busy with rollovers to give them two days... I gave up on them the day order banks closed and went local... They did respond to me a few hours before deadline closed finally though).

I wish Ford gave some indication of whether they can complete orders or not. I'm on the fence, do I wait for my mav, or do I order a different vehicle

Sponsored

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I don't understand your thinking.
So are you saying Ford doesn't know how many orders were placed or Ford does not know how many they can produce in a MY? your statement makes zero sense as Ford knows both of those.

P.S. I'm in the same boat here, I have another Mav Ordered for my mother-in-law so I'm waiting too
I'm not the one you asked, but from everything I've read, and from talking to several dealers, I believe the answer to BOTH of your questions is "Yes."

1) Ford did not know how many orders were placed over the opening few days - at least not until those orders had already reached "critical mass." Their ordering system is a joke. The inability to roll-over 2022 orders says everything you need to know about how poorly that system is designed.

2) Ford (and every other manufacturer) has no idea how many they can product in a given time period. Long gone are the days when Ford (and others) ordered all the parts they needed for a production run, and stockpiled them until they went to the assembly line. Nowadays, everything is "just in time delivery" with the parts arriving and going directly to the assembly lines. Even small supply chain disruptions of non-critical parts can cause absolute chaos. (Witness the current shortage of the Ford "blue oval" emblems holding up F-150 production.)

Ford presumably does know how many vehicles the plant is theoretically capable of building, assuming there are no supply chain or labor disruptions, but these days, that would be a HUGE assumption.

gmanview

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Kia Soul
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I hope I make the cut. I pre-ordered 3 weeks prior to 9/15/2022. 2023 XLT Hybrid in Carbonized Grey. I received my confirmation on 9/16/2022.
It’s funny , but I ordered the same truck as you did with a full size spare, tow hitch, and I just added the 110/400 watt cab outlet. I also pre-ordered like you did from Sunland Ford located in California. I received my email on 9/16/2022.

gmanview

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Kia Soul
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It’s funny , but I ordered the same truck as you did with a full size spare, tow hitch, and I just added the 110/400 watt cab outlet. I also pre-ordered like you did from Sunland Ford located in California. I received my email on 9/16/2022.
When I received my confirmation from Alford it stated I was one of the early orders.
Ford Maverick Dealer claims that 2023 Hybrid orders just placed will not be filled this model year 1665301266616

MostlySafeBear

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Eventually) a Ford Truck
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When I received my confirmation from Alford it stated I was one of the early orders.
1665301266616.png
My Ford confirmation email also said that I was "one of the early orders" for my 2023 Lariat hybrid.

I wonder if it means anything useful or good, or if everyone who got an order in got the same wording in their emails?

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My Ford confirmation email also said that I was "one of the early orders" for my 2023 Lariat hybrid.

I wonder if it means anything useful or good, or if everyone who got an order in got the same wording in their emails?
Everyone's said the same thing. So you are one of the estimated 86k early orders...

Don't read too much into the wording of the form email.
Sponsored