OP
OP
TBoe1776

TBoe1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota Tundra
Just look at ten day forecast when you buy gas and if temp projected 98+(depending on your altitude and time of day you tend to drive you can tweak when you want to pay for premium) buy the grade you feel will be best. Should get feel quickly which grade you are comfortable with. If nothing else maybe "shopping for which gas you want to buy" will make the price ($7.77??) a little less painful?
Yeah in all honesty, even if I fill up the maverick with premium all the time, it would still save me more money than filling up my 38 gallon Tundra with regular 😂
Sponsored

Down

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick/02 Z06 Vette
Just look at ten day forecast when you buy gas and if temp projected 98+(depending on your altitude and time of day you tend to drive you can tweak when you want to pay for premium) buy the grade you feel will be best. Should get feel quickly which grade you are comfortable with. If nothing else maybe "shopping for which gas you want to buy" will make the price ($7.77??) a little less painful?
Well, as I said, I have plenty of experience with an Ecoboost and have spent the last 4 years or so deciding what I'm comfortable with. In that time, I've determined that while everyone has their own perspective, mine is that a cpl per bucks per fill up does not bother me at all, checking the weather every time I fill up sounds like a nightmare though. MAYBE if I lived in a place where heat was more random but almost half of the days out here last year broke 100.

I'm under no false assumptions that I'm "saving money" in the end by using premium, but between the moderate increases I see in MPG and the more noticeable pep when accelerating, the miniscule amount of money we're talking about here is A-OK with me.

Reactions: Guv

Down

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick/02 Z06 Vette
Check the weather every 10 days????!??!!!!
OMG
A person might have to quit their job. I’d bet that would take about 10-15 seconds
Pumping gas without creating a plan and therefore paying an extra $0.30 a gallon?
A person might have to mortgage their home!!!!
#ohnoes

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah in all honesty, even if I fill up the maverick with premium all the time, it would still save me more money than filling up my 38 gallon Tundra with regular 😂
Honestly I put that out to maybe come up with a fairly quick way for someone who has not learned much about many things and now have suddenly been introduced to a fear item that they perceive will surely totally destroy their ride if it "knocks 3 times" and cannot bear the thought (wether they can afford it or not) of spending .30 unnecessarily. So maybe I have given at least one person a small way to not feel as stressed.

Evil2ltr

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Alto Blue Maverick XLT AWD
Boils down to... is 10hp worth $1.00/gal more.

That said, I am also a believer in a boosted 10:1 CR engine using premium. The DI helps with this motor being happy on 87 oct though.

Sponsored

Rodeoman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick 2.0l Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I plan on running midgrade. It may not make peak hp but it wont knock.
I agree, mid grade is what I plan on running. In CO premium is $.45 more than mid and $.76 more than regular. the only time I might consider premium is the peak of summer. The higher octane prevents pre ignition. most likely wouldn’t need.

Trucklet

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL AWD 4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The easiest and obvious solution is to install a secondary fuel tank, and a thermostat controlled relay near the fuel pump that decides which tank to pull from based on outside temperature. Fill one tank with high test, other with regular.

I think there's a QRcode for this project in the flexbed, but I can't check because the optional 4th tire was a constraint item due to petroleum shortages and so I still don't have my truck. I shall continue to bide my time by posting nonsense, and I wish you all the best.

Ford Maverick Regular or premium gas?? kermit

Dave S

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have never had a turbo motor

Did a tank on regular and new tires. 28.2

Did a tank on premium. (Fill at 1/4 regular). 30.5

Think I will be sticking with premium. Only .30 more a gallon

Nighowl2000

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford Maverick lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I live in canada where premium is $1.60+ a litter (30c more), so ill be using regular unless summertime and +30C or more

kw86er

First Name
KW86ER
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2L XLT FX4
I run regular on everything I own unless it has high compression heads. My street bike needs 91+. The Mav will get regular. Econo cars are designed to run on cheap gas. Also from Canada and I bought this truck to be a cheap run-around.

Sponsored

Darksider

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two
I am surprised no one mentioned methanol injection. This is common running turbo with direct injection where i am from..

Lets you run minimum octane but gives you a octane boost when under load/boost. Plus it helps keeps the valves clean.. But where i am from most of these cars are out of warranty also..

Dechion

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Kia Forte
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Are the octane requirements the same for the hybrid? It may be here somewhere but I couldn't find it.

Rodeoman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick 2.0l Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Are the octane requirements the same for the hybrid? It may be here somewhere but I couldn't find it.
No, the 2.5 naturally aspirated I’m your problem running on regular. anything higher than regular on the naturally aspirated would be a waste of money

Shakesbear

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
J. R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat AWD, FX4, 4K, Lux, no CP360 assist
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Running anything more than 87 is just just pissing your money away. AT BEST, you might, might, get an extra two HP. I think the manual says if you're towing a heavy load, then 91 may help. 98% of the time, 87 will be the best fuel for an eco-boost 2.0. I've seen the comment that in the heat, 91 may be better, but I live in Texas with temps near or over 100 degrees for half the year, and I call total BS on that. If you feed it 87 from the get go, it will be just fine ;)
Sponsored