Sponsored

Ecoboost Owners - Are you filling up with premium fuel?

Fuel Grade?

• Total voters

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
Just a heads up for anyone with a Becks station in your area. They are selling 91 octane ethanol free for $4.15/gallon. Regular 87 grade was at $4.29 at their own pumps and at close by stations.

That price is with no rewards programs needed or a special credit card it is just the at the pump price. If they keep that price stable it seems like a no brainer for us to fill the Mav up with 91 octane non ethanol fuel.
Sponsored

mr mojo risen

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2020 VW Passat, 2015 Nissan Sentra
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just a heads up for anyone with a Becks station in your area. They are selling 91 octane ethanol free for $4.15/gallon. Regular 87 grade was at $4.29 at their own pumps and at close by stations.

That price is with no rewards programs needed or a special credit card it is just the at the pump price. If they keep that price stable it seems like a no brainer for us to fill the Mav up with 91 octane non ethanol fuel.
I certainly don't disbelieve you, but I am very surprised that a station would sell high-octane, ethanol-free gasoline at a lower price than regular E-10 gasoline.

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
I certainly don't disbelieve you, but I am very surprised that a station would sell high-octane, ethanol-free gasoline at a lower price than regular E-10 gasoline.
I was a little shocked by it to man but I needed to fill up our other vehicle today and I made sure to swing by Becks to do it. While I was there I snapped a couple of pics. As long as this price stays cheaper we'll filling up both vehicles with 91 ethanol free fuel.
Ford Maverick Ecoboost Owners - Are you filling up with premium fuel? IMG_20220419_140952671

mr mojo risen

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2020 VW Passat, 2015 Nissan Sentra
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was a little shocked by it to man but I needed to fill up our other vehicle today and I made sure to swing by Becks to do it. While I was there I snapped a couple of pics. As long as this price stays cheaper we'll filling up both vehicles with 91 ethanol free fuel.
IMG_20220419_140952671.jpg
Wow. Thanks for the photo. If I were you I would be doing the same thing.

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Pretty bazaar, but a no-brainer for sure! (y)

Sponsored

Big Kahuna

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I use premium but not for the gas milage. I have a thread on here that shows that using premium for better gas milage is not worth the $$. You'll only see 1 MPG or less difference with premium.

However, with premium I do find the engine runs smoother and in turbo systems premium is recommended for best overall performance. I plan to keep this truck for 10+ years so I'm going to use premium in hopes it will prolong engine life and cause less wear on parts.

A Dodge that drives Fords

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Taurus Ford Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I can't vote yet I haven't ran out the dealers first tank LoL. What grade do most dealerships use?

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
Wow. Thanks for the photo. If I were you I would be doing the same thing.
Pretty bazaar, but a no-brainer for sure! (y)
Perhaps it's because Becks just built a new station in our area and they are trying to attract new customers??? I'm not sure how long this will last but either way we are going to take advantage of it as long as we can! haha

TC in MN

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mav XLT, CG, 2.0, AWD, Lux, tow, 360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Page 172 of the owners manual says 87 octane is ok, but for best performance, especially summertime including towing, 91 is the way to go. For me, I’m using 91 wanting a cleaner combustion to avoid carbon buildup on the valves (full disclosure, I have Buscher’s catch can as well) and having that little extra power when needed. The mpg difference is marginal, but the cost of repair is high (which is why I change the oil between 3K and 5K).

Haha48

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If it runs best on premium that means it's designed for premium. The whole "using premium is better for all cars" thing is a myth. If the car was designed to run on 87, it actually shouldn't run better on premium. Octane literally is just the fuel's resistance to predetonation. It actually burns slower the higher octane it is. So if the car wasn't designed to run it, it really wouldn't benefit it. Most people who think it benefited their cars is mostly the placebo effect...
New cars adjust the timing..getting more power pee stroke. I found that it simply runs smoother on higher grade of gas. Little more power too. Not huge but how it runs smoother was noticeable

Sponsored

Joseaoe1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT 2.0 4K VB, 2022 RAV4 Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
87w/10 percent ethanol all the way on my 4K EB. Averaging 26 MPG 75% city driving. If the truck is rated for 87 i just can not justify paying more for higher octane. Runs smooth enough for me.

RGoose85

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford maverick
I use the mid grade, 93 isnt always offered when I get gas and if I ever get a tune I would go 93.

FESTUS

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Velocity Blue Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Good Morning ALL, I have the 2.0 eco boost FWD and the last two tank fulls i have been using mid grade 89 octane and avg 27-29 mpg aroumd town in mixed driving. Also noticed more power.

KenJ45

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT 2.0L Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
New cars adjust the timing..getting more power pee stroke. I found that it simply runs smoother on higher grade of gas. Little more power too. Not huge but how it runs smoother was noticeable
Yes I'm aware of that. Most of the advertised numbers like horsepower and gas mileage for newer cars is using premium fuel since they now automatically adjust to the octane via knock sensors and other sensors...

rlhdweman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64 Caddy Fleetwood,73 Caddy Sedan,75 Eldorado Conv
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was finally able to complete my MPG test this weekend. I have a 200 mile loop I use to test drive a vehicle for various reasons. It consists of 150 of interstate with cruise set at 75, 40 miles of 60mph, the other 10 is city, the whole drive has 15 stops. It took me a month to do to get equal weather (temp & wind). Using 87 E-10 mpg was 29.7, & using 91 with no ethanol mpg was 32.6, both hand calculated. So premium gave 10% better fuel economy, but cost 18% more per gallon. I did notice harder acceleration with the premium fuel. I am going to say the better fuel economy with premium is mostly from the lack of ethanol, a little from the added power 91 gives. So I will now decide which to use.
Sponsored