First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 mavrick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Which gasoline supplier out there carries no ethanol fuel? It's something I just don't see here in central Texas.
I get 87 ethanol free in Belton at a cefco and 90 ethanol free at a qt in temple
Sponsored

SPLMAVERICK

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Alexander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL 2020 Hyundai Elantra
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Personally a one second difference in a 0-60 time would not justify paying more money to get to the same destination. Can you even tell the difference in one second?
To you. I have only used premium in my cars for the last 20 years. There is a reason one has 300,000 miles amd the other 250,000. Both in original engine and Trans. Regular maintenance is the key. Oil changes every 3000 miles.

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

To you. I have only used premium in my cars for the last 20 years. There is a reason one has 300,000 miles amd the other 250,000. Both in original engine and Trans. Regular maintenance is the key. Oil changes every 3000 miles.
No. Just superstition and/or luck.
It works both ways.

My 2005 Hybrid Escape:
15,000 mile OCI
Never changed trans fluid ever.
Ford advertised the hybrid trans was sealed and the lube was lifetime and I trusted them.
Never changed the coolant. Ever. And it never lost coolant. It too was sealed. Never got hot enough to boil.
Never changed brake fluid. Brakes worked fine for 15 years so why change it? Water in fluid is why you change it. When brakes get hot, water boils. Hybrid brakes never get hot enough to boil water. Brake pads last 200,000 miles. 85 octane (Colorado) most of the miles. Else 87 octane for the rest. Used E25, E30, E40, E50, E70 and once, E85.All ran well except E85. I called my baby a "Tribrid". 3 fuels capable. Gas, Electricity, and Ethanol.

Changed spark plugs once at 100,000 miles b/c it was cheap and easy to do. It didn't really need it.

Towed 3,000 pounds 25,000 miles cumulative over the years.

Was running great on original everything except tires, brake pads, and oil at 235,000 miles when it was rear ended by a careless driver in 2019 otherwise I'm sure I'd still be driving it today. Very reliable. Not a dime of trouble. MPG same at 235,000 miles as when new. And not very different than the Maverick. I was getting 35-36 MPG highway and up to (best case) 54 MPG city.... in a 2005 Hybrid Escape.

Changing fluids frequently won't hurt anything. It makes logical sense it could make things last longer. But there's sadly no proof it really does. Of course not checking fluids and running low or dry is a sure fire way to ruin things.

Enjoy your Maverick! I like mine a bunch!

SPLMAVERICK

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Alexander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL 2020 Hyundai Elantra
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No. Just superstition and/or luck.
It works both ways.

My 2005 Hybrid Escape:
15,000 mile OCI
Never changed trans fluid ever.
Ford advertised the hybrid trans was sealed and the lube was lifetime and I trusted them.
Never changed the coolant. Ever. And it never lost coolant. It too was sealed. Never got hot enough to boil.
Never changed brake fluid. Brakes worked fine for 15 years so why change it? Water in fluid is why you change it. When brakes get hot, water boils. Hybrid brakes never get hot enough to boil water. Brake pads last 200,000 miles. 85 octane (Colorado) most of the miles. Else 87 octane for the rest. Used E25, E30, E40, E50, E70 and once, E85.All ran well except E85. I called my baby a "Tribrid". 3 fuels capable. Gas, Electricity, and Ethanol.

Changed spark plugs once at 100,000 miles b/c it was cheap and easy to do. It didn't really need it.

Towed 3,000 pounds 25,000 miles cumulative over the years.

Was running great on original everything except tires, brake pads, and oil at 235,000 miles when it was rear ended by a careless driver in 2019 otherwise I'm sure I'd still be driving it today. Very reliable. Not a dime of trouble. MPG same at 235,000 miles as when new. And not very different than the Maverick. I was getting 35-36 MPG highway and up to (best case) 54 MPG city.... in a 2005 Hybrid Escape.

Changing fluids frequently won't hurt anything. It makes logical sense it could make things last longer. But there's sadly no proof it really does. Of course not checking fluids and running low or dry is a sure fire way to ruin things.

Enjoy your Maverick! I like mine a bunch!
Yes lol.

Sponsored

Daisy22

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I do not like your post above.

You did not know that "mid-grade" does not exist so it never goes "stale".

They only ship regular and premium.
They only store regular and premium.

When you select "mid grade" it pumps half & half into your tank.

I did not know that mid range fuel just pumps 50/50 from regular and premium. I recall "sticking" gas station underground gas tanks and in the 1970, many years ago, I had to stick each tank. (Sticking is just a long wooden stick shoved down in the buried storage tank to read how full the tank was)

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Yup. Why pay for three underground tanks when two work just as well.

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not a datapoint per se - just the old feel and butt dyno. Since I ran the dealer filled 87 out, my Maverick has only seen V Power Shell 93 (top tier) premium fuel and to be honest I wasn't sure it made that much of a difference. It really has made none on fuel economy.

Well it was going to be $70+ to fill the Tremor up today with 93 from Shell and I thought - let's give a shot with 87.

HOLY SHIT. Maverick feels awful. Shift points are different. Engine is now ringing out to 3,400 in first when it would shift with power left easily at 2,800-2,900 RPM.

I will only fill with 87 if I'm going to be hours on end highway driving and draining the tank when I don't need the extra power.

That said - if the difference between 87 and 93 is that much - then I am almost certainly getting the Cobb Accessport and 93 mapping.
Sponsored