Sponsored

Charlesguy

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford maverick
I know it doesn’t help you guys waiting on a hybrid. I just ordered a xl eco boost on the 10th of January and already have a build date of march 7th. Why not change over to a eco boost?
Sponsored

athertonbt

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL EB FWD Carb Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
i ordered mine base xl with a eco boost on Jan 10th and I have already recieved my build date of march 7th. Now if that actually happens we will see. Lol
Base isn’t base anymore. What’s standard now was lux 10-12 years ago. All the add ons you could want are fairly idiot proof/DIY friendly…couple mouse clicks and a youtube video and you can save some money for sure.

Churaumi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Fiat 500
I know it doesn’t help you guys waiting on a hybrid. I just ordered a xl eco boost on the 10th of January and already have a build date of march 7th. Why not change over to a eco boost?
Can't speak for anyone else, but the hybrid thing is what sold me on this truck. If I just wanted a small truck with a conventional engine I'd have gotten one years ago. Small hybrid trucks didn't exist then, and I still haven't seen any proof they exist now.

DJF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I just ordered a Lariat 2.0 from our tiny Ford dealer here. I started reading all of the grief about allocations and priority numbers and such in this thread. So, I reached out to a dealer in Portland to see if maybe being willing to drive a few hours to a much larger dealership might speed up the process. They are telling me my build will likely be this upcoming fall and therefore be a 23 MY. Going to the dealership to get my 1K back tomorrow.

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid, Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They are telling me my build will likely be this upcoming fall and therefore be a 23 MY.
Don't believe anything salesman tells you. The long delivery times are mainly for Hybrids. If you are ordering now you are ordering an EcoBoost. People are getting build date in less than two weeks from placing an order. Just don't order a constrained item like the spray-in bed liner.

Last edited:

Sponsored

DJF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
It was actually the sales manager. SIBL was no longer an option when I ordered mine, I chose the luxury package, dealer said it would come with the drop in style.

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid, Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It was actually the sales manager. SIBL was no longer an option when I ordered mine, I chose the luxury package, dealer said it would come with the drop in style.
Salesman, salesperson, sales manager, it does not matter. You can't trust any of them. I only trust the ones that post on this forum..

abjbrtd

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Kona, Thor Citation
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did Tom ever update us on how many allocations they received? Radio silence from them lately.
Not that I've seen. Everyone on the forum knows Ford's allocation system is garbage and the dealer can't do much except tell you what items are constrained. I'm surprised they don't just post their allocation numbers weekly for full transparency and tell people to direct their anger at the mothership.

As terrible as the Maverick process has been, the Lightning reservation and ordering has been an absolute dumpster fire. Dealers were able to let their friends and family jump to the front of the line or charge people $30k for the privilege.
Tom replied a couple of times today to this thread (y)

I would think next scheduling would be 10th, 17th, or 24th...prob a combo of 2 of those 3 weeks...

The POC offers are random...I would start a thread and just ask members how to get them...

bwayne

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150, 2008 Edge
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Same here. Ordered mine 1/20, got email next day. The sm said probably late March or April delivery. Of course it’s an ecoboost. The hybrid was intriguing, but I wanted AWD, then it turned out to be a moot point since they aren’t taking orders for hybrids any more.

Sponsored

midcoastme

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 PT Cruisers & Maverick Lariat Hybrid.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

In my case we'll be replacing our two C-max hybrids. Why would I want to go from 36-50 mpg to 28, especially since my build date (at the moment) is March 14th?

DJF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I just find it curious why a salesperson would be so "honest" about the likely timeline when all you usually hear from them is to be super optimistic, they are in business to make sales. He actually told me with the usual slowing in production from one model year to the next, I would be lucky to see the truck before the end of 2022.

Mabcim

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat 2.0 AWD; 20 Escape SEL 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Same here. Ordered mine 1/20, got email next day. The sm said probably late March or April delivery. Of course it’s an ecoboost. The hybrid was intriguing, but I wanted AWD, then it turned out to be a moot point since they aren’t taking orders for hybrids any more.
I hope you get that lucky, but don’t count on it. Builds are already scheduled through March, and it takes -4 weeks for delivery.
Lariat, escepically if you Lux package, has a lot of constraints.

ce2nite

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep Wrangler
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sorry to submit late but my Area 51 Hybrid XLT ordered July 13 finally has a build date of 3/7. Got the email Thursday and I bet I have clicked on it 20 times since then. Hang in there guys, it will happen.

bwayne

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150, 2008 Edge
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I hope you get that lucky, but don’t count on it. Builds are already scheduled through March, and it takes -4 weeks for delivery.
Lariat, escepically if you Lux package, has a lot of constraints.
Oh, I’m not counting on it. I’m actually hopeful for mid to late summer.
Sponsored