First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
One good thing perhaps about a long delay in getting a Maverick is all these add-ons and accessories will already be tested by the early adopters. 😄
Sponsored

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Mustang Fastback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you want to try wireless AA and have a spare/old Android phone collecting dust you can fairly easily.

I just installed AAgateway app on an unused Motorola G7 then turn on its hotspot(data service not needed,) then run the AAStarter app on your Main phone and it connects to the radio through the "slave" phone. Works great, but I really don't see all the excitement over just plugging it in as it's 2 feet from the radio anyway.

Basically the exact Same thing these adapters are doing.

In my case I installed a USB connection in the console so it's hidden. On the Maverick you'll have a phone sitting there plugged in all time /or this Dongle anyway.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/cemhpoahvEow673G6

https://github.com/mikeeq/aagateway

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Look at these guys not being able to get a similar product working for them on their XL/XLT:
So far, I have only seen one post by Cubican about how he got Apple Carplay to work with the XL/XLT with one of these wireless adapters. I havent seen anyone post that they got the android adapters working with the XL/XLT. I thought maybe you had seen some proof someone got something like AAwireless working on a XL/XLT and that is why you felt confident ordering the Moto version
Sorry for the confusion. I was responding to your comments about not having Sync3 and whether it would work with the " gimped/fake Sync3" in the XLT. As I said, the device is supposed to work through Android Auto, part of the Audio System in trucks without Sync3. (Which is good because the XLT doesn't have any version of Sync3 at all.)

As for other folks having trouble, I'm not sure what to make of that. They seem to be talking about problems with Apple CarPlay, not Android Auto, and none of them are talking about the Motorola MA1 device. So who knows?

Anyway, the MA1 has just been released and I haven't seen anything posted by anyone who has one. I'll just have to wait to see if it works with XLT Android Auto. I'll post my results unless someone beats me to it.

And as to why I'm confident about ordering it, well... if it doesn't work I'll just return it to Amazon.💰

PanchoBarrancas

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Look at these guys not being able to get a similar product working for them on their XL/XLT:

1643064942509.png

Here is a third:

1643064971200.png

Different product, same incompatibility:

1643065047707.png

1643065167719.png

So far, I have only seen one post by Cubican about how he got Apple Carplay to work with the XL/XLT with one of these wireless adapters. I havent seen anyone post that they got the android adapters working with the XL/XLT. I thought maybe you had seen some proof someone got something like AAwireless working on a XL/XLT and that is why you felt confident ordering the Moto version
I have a Lariat non-lux, they come with the same radio as the XLT, can confirm AAWireless works just as well as plugging in my phone directly.

Enderet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
I have a Lariat non-lux, they come with the same radio as the XLT, can confirm AAWireless works just as well as plugging in my phone directly.
That is great news! Thanks for confirming that. That hopefully means good news for the Motorola product. If not, I guess I will order a AAwireless and live with the long delivery wait.

Sponsored

Michigan Bill

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid Lux, 2017 Chevy Equinox
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered the device from AA Wireless in October. I was initially given a delivery date in January. Recent emails from them indicate it may be February. That's still O.K., since I don't expect my Mav for awhile.

TrippMe

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tripp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just an FYI for the group the Motorola wireless dongle is up for pre-sale today for delivery here's the link to it if you're interested: https://amz.run/5GKW.

I ordered mine and hoping it works great!

Reactions: Egz

Hdang1980

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There's also the AAWireless, which might or might not have been ripped off by Moto's partners who actually designed the MA1, or who knows lol.

AAWireless is cheaper (only slightly but if they get their supply chain back under control they might go back to being like 15 bucks cheaper) and has a detachable cable, better for long term durability than the MA1.

Last week I finally received mine, which I ordered in June for an estimated October delivery, a bummer but it works haha.
I received my AAWireless last week too, but no Maverick to plug it in to.....:cry:

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just an FYI for the group the Motorola wireless dongle is up for pre-sale today for delivery here's the link to it if you're interested: https://amz.run/5GKW.

Be sure and give us a follow-up report after you test it out.

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

It has been available for pre-order for several weeks already. If you order today you'll likely have a later delivery date as it is a highly anticipated item (not just for Maverick owners!). I ordered mine a couple of weeks ago - shipment timeframe went from March...to February...to today!

I guess I'll be the guinea pig?

Sponsored

Egz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid Lariat, 1967 Fairlady
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Thanks. Put my pre-order in, so we'll see what arrives first, this or my late February build Maverick

felsf50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Finally received mine today. I ordered on 12/8. Love it!

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My Motorola MA1 has been working very well, but I have noticed one issue.

If I turn off my hybrid and then turn it back on again fairly quickly (that's vague, but I can't be any more specific) it sometimes has difficulty connecting. Today it did connect after a brief stop, but the sound didn't work correctly.

When I have stopped for a longer time (say 10 minutes) I have not had a problem.

ValenciaOrange

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I bought one of these devices for my truck. It was for an iPhone and it worked very well. I do not have a charging mat in my Maverick. I had Waze on, went into a store, and realized my battery was dead.

Decided to return the unit. When I have my phone plugged in, it is being charged and I always have a full battery. When I use Waze with a cord my phone is fully charged.

TG22

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...-apple-carplay-made-simple.10776/#post-223663

Havent had any issues at all with mine. Initiates 30 seconds after ignition like clock work. I opted to use the usb c port to port however.. mayyybe that makes a difference in connectivity?

Yes, mine is not ma1 or the official wireless AA adapter but i would assume any product that boasts wireless aa or carplay has comparable software contained within. Only difference is chassis/brand. Do i wish i would have went with a cheaper model? Oh hell yes. Definitely recommend shopping around.

The convenience factor is unparallel and makes me feel more like I'm driving the futuristic equivalent of what should be.

* Being that in a former life I played a tech support role.. I have to offer this sage advice for those having issues -

- unplug it .. wait exactly one minute, plug it back in. All else fails; factory default

"Works like a charm 60% of the time all the time"
Sponsored

Last edited: