First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hey guys, I am looking to get rid of the wire for my Android Auto and go wireless. Can you recommend a good wireless unit to do so? THANKS (Happy XL customer!)
Sponsored

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I use the AAWireless adapter. Expect a bit of a wait (1-2 months+) for delivery. There's also the Motorola MA1, but those go in and out of stock quickly.

BillS

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, Toyota Rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hey guys, I am looking to get rid of the wire for my Android Auto and go wireless. Can you recommend a good wireless unit to do so? THANKS (Happy XL customer!)
I just received a Carsify wireless adapter. I have only had it for a day but it setup easily and seems to work well. I ordered through Indiegogo and had to wait a while, but I think they are now in stock for $89 + $10 shipping.
When android auto is active, it is not obvious how to get back to the sync 3 screen. I found that this can be done by pressing the display off button (next to the tune knob) to bring up the time. Then if you touch the time on screen, the display goes back to the normal sync 3 display.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When android auto is active, it is not obvious how to get back to the sync 3 screen. I found that this can be done by pressing the display off button (next to the tune knob) to bring up the time. Then if you touch the time on screen, the display goes back to the normal sync 3 display.
On mine of the Android Auto home screen there's a Ford icon that takes you back to the Sync 3 interface.

Sponsored

BillS

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, Toyota Rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
On mine of the Android Auto home screen there's a Ford icon that takes you back to the Sync 3 interface.
I will check to see if I have that. Thanks.

SkeeterB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Lux, 4K, FX4, 360, Velocity Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
And I thought you were stuck until you unplugged the phone. Sure be nice if the guy at rhe dealer had a clue how things worked.

Hdang1980

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
AAwireless works very well with the lariat sync3. Connects in under 10 seconds.

Dante

First Name
Dante'
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mav-2.0AWD, '75 Mach1, '94 Stang GT, 2011 335i
Will the Motorola or AAW work with the XL model?
My understanding is that the XLT and Lariat have different Infotainment system, but I am not sure, only have my XL since Sunday. I would love to have navigation thru the maverick touchscreen, hopefully one of these devices will work?

Hdang1980

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My understanding is that the XLT and Lariat have different Infotainment system, but I am not sure, only have my XL since Sunday. I would love to have navigation thru the maverick touchscreen, hopefully one of these devices will work?
Android auto and Apple carplay is standard across all trims.

Sponsored

Dante

First Name
Dante'
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mav-2.0AWD, '75 Mach1, '94 Stang GT, 2011 335i
I realize that autos is supposed to be standard across three models.
I've been able to stream music however I'm not been able to use the navigation function of Android Auto to have it show up on the screen in the Maverick. Unless there's better way, I'm hoping that if I get the Motorola m1 that issue will be solved. Assume that when you plug in the USB from phone to the truck that I would have navigation to show on the screen but I have not been able to do that on my XL.

WannaMav

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I realize that autos is supposed to be standard across three models.
I've been able to stream music however I'm not been able to use the navigation function of Android Auto to have it show up on the screen in the Maverick. Unless there's better way, I'm hoping that if I get the Motorola m1 that issue will be solved. Assume that when you plug in the USB from phone to the truck that I would have navigation to show on the screen but I have not been able to do that on my XL.
The video below should be cued up to the relevant portion.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Android auto and Apple carplay is standard across all trims.
They all have AA and Carplay, but because of the difference in hardware/software people have encountered compatibility issues with wireless adapters on the non-Sync 3 radio. Particularly with the broader selection of Carplay adapters.

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I believe only the Lariat Lux model has Sync 3. All other models and trims including XLT and Lariat have the same infotainment system so it should be compatible.
Sponsored