First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Silverado , 07 mustang, 69 barracuda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yep I need a new phone, I'm going to start calling my Mav a boat, ( bust out another thousand) lol thanks for the help guys
I have spent a couple thousand on parts and accessories to put on mine, and havent even gotten it yet.

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Vols44

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Go to settings and then about
On my Google Pixel 4a it's Settings>System>Update. It's installing version 13 today. PSA, all Google phones come with three years of updates.

Sponsored

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Mustang Fastback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yep I need a new phone, I'm going to start calling my Mav a boat, ( bust out another thousand) lol thanks for the help guys
Just grab this one of these USB C cables(assuming your phone has that,) much cheaper than a new phone and wireless adapter. The Mavericks wireless charger can't keep up with Android Auto, or even Bluetooth music streaming and keep your phone charged. Not to mention the heat issue.
6 Inch USB C Cable Short Fast Charge, 3 Pack
https://a.co/d/ecTuOKt

Iain000

First Name
Iain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
To anyone interested a CarPlay retrofit, I spent a lot of time researching the different models, and I would highly recommend the carlinkit version. There is very little information about the differences between the models, so I wanted to share my experiences.

The carlinkit version offers wireless CarPlay and a self contained control unit. It is sold on several different platforms, but I purchased mine from https://carlinkitbox.com/products/c...o-2-in-1-wireless-adapter-for-factory-carplay. The seller was very responsive, responding within 24hrs to all of my questions. It’s important to know that for most models you need the full kit, not the cheaper usb dongle.

One of the the biggest things to look for when purchasing one of these units is a seller that understands the differences between the infotainment systems in each model car. While the control box is the same (you just change the dip switches) the cables vary depending on whether you have a non nav control knob, nav control joystick, or later model touch pad. If you include these specifications when you order, it avoids many of the installation problems many people have with these kits.

when I got it, I thought it was really worth my money. It is small in size and is elegant in my opinion (Not cheap plastic). The setup is easier and the re-connection is pretty fast, plug and play.
I am satisfied with my this purchase. This is really convenient, the key is that the adapter can also charge my phone!!!
The price of 4.0 adapter is also reasonable, less than $85. Now they have a 15% discount for items. It's definitely worth it!

Anyway, sorry for the long post, but hopefully this helps mavericktruckclub looking for a CarPlay retrofit.

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Just grab this one of these USB C cables(assuming your phone has that,) much cheaper than a new phone and wireless adapter. The Mavericks wireless charger can't keep up with Android Auto, or even Bluetooth music streaming and keep your phone charged. Not to mention the heat issue.
6 Inch USB C Cable Short Fast Charge, 3 Pack
https://a.co/d/ecTuOKt
Figured this out the hard way after buying the MA1. Just with Bluetooth playing music and no Android Auto, I couldn't get it to pass enough power to my Pixel 6 for it to charge.

What a sad, sad way to treat customers, Ford.
Sponsored