Sponsored

Wireless Android Auto / Apple CarPlay made simple.

TG22

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
2022 CarlinKit ai Box Android Auto Wireless 4G Cellular,4+64G,8Core, Only Fit for Cars with OEM/Factory Wired CarPlay,Wireless CarPlay&Android System,Built-in Navigation,Support YouTube Netflix,etc

I purchased this device a few weeks ago and it operates seamlessly. Completely plug and play, includes two short jumpers (traditional usbc/ usba and usbc to usbc - personal preference) initial connection from keystart is roughly 30 seconds. Currently I am using maverick's 90 day complementary hotspot but also works with phone hotspot, wifi etc. Additionally comes with a sim card slot to become an independent line if one may wish and a memory card slot as well.

No root involved I have a Samsung Galaxy S20 FE.

I am not sure if the ma1 or aa wireless have all this capability. I assume all of these devices are somewhat similar. This is the one I decided on at a 250 price point instead of the alternative in ripping out the whole deck eventually.. as that being my only negative experience with truck thusfar.

Netflix, youtube, spotify and Android Auto WIRELESS.

I was tired of waiting for motorola and aawireless restock so I pulled the trigger on this purchase and do not regret it one iota.

Bonus: device fits perfectly flush on the underside of usb tower with two strips of rolled electrical tape.

I will attempt to upload a full demo later today
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
TG22

TG22

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

This should be sufficient other than wireless android auto because it takes over the phone i am using to record with when that function is initiated. The devices in the hundred dollar range most likely have similar if not the same capability just different chassis and name brand recognition.

The point is to reinerate.. do not be discouraged by the very limited functions of maverick stock head unit there are several options in the technical market available.

OP
OP
TG22

TG22

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Still no regrets after 1751 miles. Only downside is the 2 second lag when using android auto wirelessy when trying to voice a reply to a text message.. Often times ending in a heated arguement with a robot voice ( but that isnt toooo much of a difference from wired android auto.. really should stick with short replies as robots dont quite get human punctuation placement)

I digress.. As long as phone is charged I dont even have to cradle it simply stays in backpack ready to jump out Mav for work. I love the ease. Love my truck. Cheers.

OP
OP
TG22

TG22

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sweet! Let me know if you run into any issues. Im still digging mine. Only time i have to plug in phone is to charge and for that i just use the cigarette lighter port

Sponsored

dmoyes1950

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, AWD, FX4, 4K Tow Package
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
2022 CarlinKit ai Box Android Auto Wireless 4G Cellular,4+64G,8Core, Only Fit for Cars with OEM/Factory Wired CarPlay,Wireless CarPlay&Android System,Built-in Navigation,Support YouTube Netflix,etc

I purchased this device a few weeks ago and it operates seamlessly. Completely plug and play, includes two short jumpers (traditional usbc/ usba and usbc to usbc - personal preference) initial connection from keystart is roughly 30 seconds. Currently I am using maverick's 90 day complementary hotspot but also works with phone hotspot, wifi etc. Additionally comes with a sim card slot to become an independent line if one may wish and a memory card slot as well.

No root involved I have a Samsung Galaxy S20 FE.

I am not sure if the ma1 or aa wireless have all this capability. I assume all of these devices are somewhat similar. This is the one I decided on at a 250 price point instead of the alternative in ripping out the whole deck eventually.. as that being my only negative experience with truck thusfar.

Netflix, youtube, spotify and Android Auto WIRELESS.

I was tired of waiting for motorola and aawireless restock so I pulled the trigger on this purchase and do not regret it one iota.

Bonus: device fits perfectly flush on the underside of usb tower with two strips of rolled electrical tape.

I will attempt to upload a full demo later today
I could not get my Maverick to recognize the existence of the Carlinkit unit. I called their (good) tech support and we walked through the setup together with no luck. Their final word, their unit must not be compatible with the ‘22 Ford electronics.

OP
OP
TG22

TG22

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Default to factory. Still working perfectly in my mav.

Chommer

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

This should be sufficient other than wireless android auto because it takes over the phone i am using to record with when that function is initiated. The devices in the hundred dollar range most likely have similar if not the same capability just different chassis and name brand recognition.

The point is to reinerate.. do not be discouraged by the very limited functions of maverick stock head unit there are several options in the technical market available.

I am at a loss for connecting the carlinkkit 4.0
i connect to my cells wifi and bluetooth from the adaptor, and it connects. green light and android auto starts with the map coming up, but same old apps and nothing new, I want to watch Netflix and youtube on my screen too on my break at work, is there a work around that you did?
I have the exact same cell too android samsung fa20 ....
Pls help
thanks

RatworX

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Does YouTube and Netflix stilll play video on screen while driving?
Sponsored