brnpttmn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sorry, I'm not being clear on what I am trying to say. It is hard for to describe.

OK, The square unit from the AA wireless has to go somewhere. One place that you could put it is under the dash below the usb slots. You could just stick it under there with two sided tape or velcro or something. I saw someone do this in a picture on this site and it was a good solution.

This spot is below the usb slots. So the wire would go down from the usb slots. The usb c slot is on top. So if you plug in the cord from the AAwireless to the usb c slot, the cord would go down and cover the usb a slot that is below the usb c slot, making it hard to put a usb drive in the usb a slot.

So, other things you could do if that bugs you, and it would bug me, is to put the AAwireless doggle somewhere else, for example you could put it in the cubby buddy slot beside the screen. For me, that would bug me having the cord going up there. Maybe there is a way to run it inside the dash.

Another thing you could do is use the USB A slot to plug in the AAwireleass (and put the AAwireless below the dash) and use a USBC thumb drive for your mp3. That is what would bug me less with the cord, but your millage may vary.

My aawireless came a couple of days ago but I don't have my mav yet. The escape I have is too old to have android auto, and my wife's is already wireless, so I don't have anything to try it out on yet. But it has a usb c slot and comes with a flexible usb c to usb a cord. It also has a single reset button that you may have to have access to at some point so I wouldn't install it in a place that was inaccessible.
Yeah. I was suggesting the same thing. Using the lower USBA port so you don't block both of them, and then just tuck the dongle back. In my first post, I was simply suggesting the OP not "tear open" the head unit and install it behind the dash somewhere (which I assumed was what he was suggesting).
Sponsored

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So picking up my hybrid tomorrow and waiting for the aawireless to come in. I was looking at removing the radio and adding a USB splitter and putting the aawireless inside near the radio so you don't see it. any thoughts on this?
What if something requires you to push the Reset button on the device? You wanna pull all that back out?

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've got the Motorola MA1 wireless AA dongle arriving today. It is standard USB-A plug, nice that'll take the bottom slot and leave the top USB-C plug open for use! I'll probably post a separate review in a day or two once I've had a chance to setup and use it.

Shawshi

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 MKX, 1980 F150, 2002 Firebird, 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm sure the USB panel is easily popped out and rotated 180° and cables that are 90° are available too. Either device can be clean installed by tucking them just under the USB slot.

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost