Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Trailblazer, 09 GL1800, 13 XT250, 82 AMC Eagle
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hey all,

I just had this pop up in my news feed:
https://www.xda-developers.com/motorola-ma1/amp/

For those of us with Android,this should save us the trouble of plugging and unplugging our phones every time we get in and out of the truck!

Assuming that we *get* our trucks- or maybe that's just my problem, as I am a November hybrid order!
Sponsored

PanchoBarrancas

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There's also the AAWireless, which might or might not have been ripped off by Moto's partners who actually designed the MA1, or who knows lol.

AAWireless is cheaper (only slightly but if they get their supply chain back under control they might go back to being like 15 bucks cheaper) and has a detachable cable, better for long term durability than the MA1.

Last week I finally received mine, which I ordered in June for an estimated October delivery, a bummer but it works haha.

Art Vandelay

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Lariat Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hey all,

I just had this pop up in my news feed:
https://www.xda-developers.com/motorola-ma1/amp/

For those of us with Android,this should save us the trouble of plugging and unplugging our phones every time we get in and out of the truck!
I'm excited for this. Hopefully it will work as advertised. I know there are some similar products that work well for Carplay so hopefully this will resolve a huge issue for Android users. I can't understand how car manufacturers haven't fully adopted wireless Carplay & Android Auto, it seems like we're in the dark ages by having to plug in the phone's just to use those systems.

7Litre

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sonata Hybrid, 2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is it possible that Ford will make an audio system upgrade for the Mav that includes wireless AA and Carplay? I found a software upgrade for my 2020 Sonata Hybrid that did just that. Now my Pixel 5a connects with either Bluetooth (no AA of course) or wirelessly, my choice. We can only hope, right?

Jasperw229

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 22, Lariat fx4, 4k tow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There's also the AAWireless, which might or might not have been ripped off by Moto's partners who actually designed the MA1, or who knows lol.

AAWireless is cheaper (only slightly but if they get their supply chain back under control they might go back to being like 15 bucks cheaper) and has a detachable cable, better for long term durability than the MA1.

Last week I finally received mine, which I ordered in June for an estimated October delivery, a bummer but it works haha.
I also ordered this, it's really good to hear that you got it working.
I have been worried about compatibility both with the truck and with my phone.
do you mind telling me what model of android phone you use?
I have a pixel 5 and should be receiving my AAwireless in the next week based on the tracking.

Sponsored

Jasperw229

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 22, Lariat fx4, 4k tow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Is it possible that Ford will make an audio system upgrade for the Mav that includes wireless AA and Carplay? I found a software upgrade for my 2020 Sonata Hybrid that did just that. Now my Pixel 5a connects with either Bluetooth (no AA of course) or wirelessly, my choice. We can only hope, right?
when you say you 'found a software upgrade' do you mean that someone made an aftermarket hack or did hyndai upgrade the stereo for everyone to include it?

It seems like AA wireless just needs a wifi radio, Bluetooth, and AA software. seems like the maverick checks all the technical boxes.
a limitation might be that the truck cannot connect to both your phone doing AA and a wifi network at the same time, and sometimes companies make strange choices about limitations like that.

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

PanchoBarrancas

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I also ordered this, it's really good to hear that you got it working.
I have been worried about compatibility both with the truck and with my phone.
do you mind telling me what model of android phone you use?
I have a pixel 5 and should be receiving my AAwireless in the next week based on the tracking.
Mine is a galaxy S10 E, also had it working with various other Samsung devices.

7Litre

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sonata Hybrid, 2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
when you say you 'found a software upgrade' do you mean that someone made an aftermarket hack or did hyndai upgrade the stereo for everyone to include it?

It seems like AA wireless just needs a wifi radio, Bluetooth, and AA software. seems like the maverick checks all the technical boxes.
a limitation might be that the truck cannot connect to both your phone doing AA and a wifi network at the same time, and sometimes companies make strange choices about limitations like that.
I was looking at my car in the My Hyundai website where I found an authorized upgrade link. I found the one for my vehicle, followed the instructions to download, copy to a thumb drive, and check to see if the current version is older. With the drive in the USB port, the car system verified that the version on the drive was newer and performed the upgrade. Later that day I had the time to snoop around in the new environment and discovered that I could connect to AA wirelessly. That was 5 days ago. Today was the first time I had to go somewhere and my phone jumped right to the wireless connection and the car system prompted me to select AA.

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I pre-ordered, then ordered this on Amazon. When I first ordered, it said delivery would be early February. Then I got an email 2 days ago saying it would be around March 2-7.
UPDATE: Just got a new notice. Delivery now set for 1/29-2/4. So back to early February.

Sponsored

danzez

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL (Cactus Gray)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
UPDATE: Just got a new notice. Delivery now set for 1/29-2/4. So back to early February.
My order is still scheduled for Friday, January 28th.

Ford Maverick Wireless Android auto Screenshot_20220123-074052_Aqua Mail

I hope this holds :)

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Enderet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
I pre-ordered, then ordered this on Amazon. When I first ordered, it said delivery would be early February. Then I got an email 2 days ago saying it would be around March 2-7.
I ordered one too, but then I remembered my XLT doesnt actually have SYNC3. I looked around but I couldnt find any confirmation that this will work in our XLT's with the gimped/fake Sync3. Did you find anything that it will work or are you just buying it in hopes that it will work?

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered one too, but then I remembered my XLT doesnt actually have SYNC3. I looked around but I couldnt find any confirmation that this will work in our XLT's with the gimped/fake Sync3. Did you find anything that it will work or are you just buying it in hopes that it will work?
The dongle is supposed to wirelessly connect your phone to your Android Auto (instead of connecting the phone by USB). The Maverick has Android Auto (and an Android Auto-enabled USB port). I don't think it has anything to do with Sync3.

In any event, I haven't seen any mention of Sync3 in any reviews about this product, nor on the product announcement page. See the review and specifications linked in this post:

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...iterally-useless-anyone-else.6708/post-178422

Enderet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
The dongle is supposed to wirelessly connect your phone to your Android Auto (instead of connecting the phone by USB). The Maverick has Android Auto (and an Android Auto-enabled USB port). I don't think it has anything to do with Sync3.

In any event, I haven't seen any mention of Sync3 in any reviews about this product, nor on the product announcement page. See the review and specifications linked in this post:

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...iterally-useless-anyone-else.6708/post-178422
Look at these guys not being able to get a similar product working for them on their XL/XLT:

Ford Maverick Wireless Android auto 1643064942509

Here is a third:

Ford Maverick Wireless Android auto 1643064971200

Different product, same incompatibility:

Ford Maverick Wireless Android auto 1643065047707

Ford Maverick Wireless Android auto 1643065167719

So far, I have only seen one post by Cubican about how he got Apple Carplay to work with the XL/XLT with one of these wireless adapters. I havent seen anyone post that they got the android adapters working with the XL/XLT. I thought maybe you had seen some proof someone got something like AAwireless working on a XL/XLT and that is why you felt confident ordering the Moto version
Sponsored