First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Traverse
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Has anyone tried one of the wireless dongles for Android Auto? I would definitely be interested in one if they work well
Sponsored

Shawshi

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 MKX, 1980 F150, 2002 Firebird, 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Works great, when I purchased it in January it only was $89.

Maverick&Goose

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 F350
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Works great, when I purchased it in January it only was $89.
I was late to the party and was $150. It works pretty good but don't use it a lot. If you have to have GPS then definitely get one. I'm not big into listening to my own music but it works great for that. Also my IHeart radio stations I listen too is great but for the most part I listen to local radio and Sirius.

Hdang1980

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I got a gen 2 aawireless dongle when it was 90 bucks, and it's better than I expected. Connects to sync 3 in under 15 seconds and starts up the last app used. Ordered in August and got it in February. I thought I would have my truck way before then but I just got my truck last Wednesday. Have not experienced any issues that others have mentioned.

BillS

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, Toyota Rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Has anyone tried one of the wireless dongles for Android Auto? I would definitely be interested in one if they work well
Another option to Motorola MA1 and aawireless is CARSIFI. This is currently available on Indiegogo for $89 + $10 shipping. Has gotten good reviews. They have had some issues since the developers are in Ukraine and production is in China. They are now saying they have more adapters than orders. I have not received mine yet, but I will report how well it works when I receive it and my Maverick (due at dealer any day).

Sponsored

Penasco

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Outback, 2005 Tundra DC
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered the Carsifi adapter in December 2021 and received it in April 2022 after several missed shipping date estimates. It worked great upon installation but quit working after about 2 months. Customer support response was initially excellent but now that I have told them that none of their suggestions resulted in the dongle working again they have quit responding. I have found that just connecting my android phone via usb C when I need navigation is not that inconvenient.

OP
OP

Mikeoley

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Traverse
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ordered the Carsifi adapter in December 2021 and received it in April 2022 after several missed shipping date estimates. It worked great upon installation but quit working after about 2 months. Customer support response was initially excellent but now that I have told them that none of their suggestions resulted in the dongle working again they have quit responding. I have found that just connecting my android phone via usb C when I need navigation is not that inconvenient.
Sorry to hear. The Motorola does work but it does use data from the phone rather than the truck. I bought the data plan for the truck for this purpose but it doesn't use it. It uses my phones. I just unplug it when I don't need navigation. Live and learn I guess

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Silverado , 07 mustang, 69 barracuda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Looking at getting a motorola MA1 dongle. Do you have to subscribe to a service or anything for it to work, or is it plug n play. I plan on using it for maps, and pandora. I have a Samsung Galaxy.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Mikeoley

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Traverse
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Looking at getting a motorola MA1 dongle. Do you have to subscribe to a service or anything for it to work, or is it plug n play. I plan on using it for maps, and pandora.
From what I can tell if you need mobile data from your phone for the maps to work on Android Auto. But I have the data plan from Ford and Pandora uses it. If you don't have that it will use your phone plan alone

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
From what I can tell if you need mobile data from your phone for the maps to work on Android Auto. But I have the data plan from Ford and Pandora uses it. If you don't have that it will use your phone plan alone
What if I directly plug the phones USB-C to the vehicle USB-C connector? Then I wouldent need that as it would pipe it directly to the dash right?

Sponsored

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What if I directly plug the phones USB-C to the vehicle USB-C connector? Then I wouldent need that as it would pipe it directly to the dash right?
Communicating with the truck via dongle doesn't use any phone data beyond what the apps you're utilizing already do. So, no, there isn't any subscription required just to make the adapter work.

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Communicating with the truck via dongle doesn't use any phone data beyond what the apps you're utilizing already do. So, no, there isn't any subscription required just to make the adapter work.
Thank you. This is what I needed to know

Whitenight

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat, 2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sorry to hear. The Motorola does work but it does use data from the phone rather than the truck. I bought the data plan for the truck for this purpose but it doesn't use it. It uses my phones. I just unplug it when I don't need navigation. Live and learn I guess
Even if it did use the onboard data, it wouldn't do any good for those who haven't received their Maverick yet since Ford is deleting the hotspot option from the builds for some reason.

Last edited:

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Even if it did use the onboard data, it wouldn't do any good for those who haven't received their Maverick yet since Ford is deleting it from the builds for some reason.
I am not super tech savvy. What do you mean deleting it from the builds? I have an XLT on order. Vehicle is in production this week. Are you saying an MA1 would not work with my Android in this vehicle?

Last edited:

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Mustang Fastback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am not super tech savvy. What do you mean deleting it from the builds? I have an XLT on order. Vehicle is in production this week. Are you saying an MA1 would not work with my Android in this vehicle?
No, they're referring to Ford deleting the vehicle hotspot ability. Will not affect using a wireless AA adapter to connect your phone and use it's cellular connection.
Sponsored