First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Smart ForTwo Prime
Engine
Undecided
Is it confirmed the turn signal is DRL? There's three lower light positions so I'd think one of those is a white light DRL.
The three lower positions are headlights. The two outer reflectors are the low beam LEDs and the inside 3rd is the high beam LED. None of these are utilized as the DRL.

You can see in this picture the Amber DRLs are on:

Ford Maverick Why no LED DRL's on XLT? DRL
Sponsored

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There seems to be some confusion. In another post someone seems to think the DRLs are the parking lights. In this shot from a video on an XL prototype you can see the headlights operating as DRLs and no parking lights on. Of course this is a prototype

Ford Maverick Why no LED DRL's on XLT? IMG_0168.JPG

BlueXL_73

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Corolla
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I found out about this in another thread. I hope I have found an aftermarket solution to this problem

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Is it confirmed the turn signal is DRL? There's three lower light positions so I'd think one of those is a white light DRL.
This is likely, at least in the US DRLs are not a requirement like they are in Canada (which may also stipulate DRL being white?). My 2019 Ranger uses an amber light for DRL...not sure if it is the same one as the turn signal though...

Vulcan9988

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
The three lower positions are headlights. The two outer reflectors are the low beam LEDs and the inside 3rd is the high beam LED. None of these are utilized as the DRL.

You can see in this picture the Amber DRLs are on:

DRL.jpg
I like how mean it looks with just the ambers especially in a darker setting!

Sponsored

Dbarr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 500c, Dodge Grandkidsvan, Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Am i the only one thinking of using ford pass points to buy lariat headlights with led drl??
For those of us who are not familiar with it, would you explain Ford Pass function/cost, maybe how you use it (daily, weekly)
Thanks

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For those of us who are not familiar with it, would you explain Ford Pass function/cost, maybe how you use it (daily, weekly)
Thanks
They're just reward points you get from purchasing things like services at a Ford dealership. Relevant to Maverick buyers purchasing a new vehicle gets you 42,000 or the equivalent of $210 which you can spend on parts, accessories, or services.

Dbarr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 500c, Dodge Grandkidsvan, Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They're just reward points you get from purchasing things like services at a Ford dealership. Relevant to Maverick buyers purchasing a new vehicle gets you 42,000 or the equivalent of $210 which you can spend on parts, accessories, or services.
Maybe gets me a set of fog light, better yet $ towards the bed cover the dlr told me to drop (late build)
anyway, thanks 😊

Luchie64

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT, 2019 Escape, 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford Maverick Why no LED DRL's on XLT? 1626902235155

No Lights on at all in these pics

ATXcaraholic

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Smart ForTwo Prime
Engine
Undecided
1626902235155.png

No Lights on at all in these pics
Daytime running lights are configurable, meaning you can turn them on or off in the vehicle settings. They are most likely off on this vehicle. The Bronco Sport is set up this way as well.

Sponsored

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
Do you have to sign up for Ford Pass? If so, where do I go?

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Create a Ford.com account and install the phone app. It's the same one that will allow you to do things like remote start the vehicle. About 10 days after you link your vehicle to your account you receive the points.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
Create a Ford.com account and install the phone app. It's the same one that will allow you to do things like remote start the vehicle. About 10 days after you link your vehicle to your account you receive the points.
THANKS.

BlueSnake77

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

On my 2018 Ford Escape S, there are no LED DRL's like the upper trims. But it has DRL's. They are old school where the headlights-only come on at a reduced brightness. The headlight switch has to be in the auto mode to engage them. Wondering if it may be the same kind of set up in the Mavericks?