First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So how did you go about adding the factory cruise control? Was it as simple as taking it to the dealer to add it? I’m hoping to get the XL and did not want to pay the extra package cost just to get it.
There is a long thread in the DIY forum. Also the original started in the Forscan forum.
Long reads and I suggest writing down points made.
Yep, it is a long read, but is a pretty simple job. I took 4 hours to do it the first time, I am sure I can do it in less than 2 now. the parts can be had (new) for less than $100.
Sponsored

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If i wanted to mod, a XL is hands down the way to go. But after having a slew of modified cars in my relatively young life i just want factory OEM luxury. I leave my toying around to my KTM and Husky bikes.

Most i would do to the Lariat,lux etc is some tires, bed cover and tint. Maybe, just maybe paint the headlight bezels but that's a huge maybe.
same here. Have a bunch of Yamaha Vintage MX and RD bikes to keep me busy until I can't work on stuff anymore. Just bought a 2022 Beta X-trainer 300 that I need to go fetch tomorrow :cool:

Jmav2152

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Mav, 15' KTM 1190 ADV R, 19' Husq TE250i
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
same here. Have a bunch of Yamaha Vintage MX and RD bikes to keep me busy until I can't work on stuff anymore. Just bought a 2022 Beta X-trainer 300 that I need to go fetch tomorrow :cool:
If i wasn't 6'6" I'd love to try one of those. I've heard a lot of smaller guys swapping in the normal beta suspension on them and using them for a light hard enduro bike.

I got a 2019 TE250i and 15' KTM adventure 1190R.

WW Steve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Toyota Land Cruiser
Went XL, 2.0, tow pack, AWD and steelies. Price and value were hard to beat. Factory wheels are boring, tow pack get's a receiver and bigger radiator which I wanted. Here is California, cruise control is a waste of money - you set it then the freeway stops and you brake.

My son (fully loaded and lifted F250) wants me to go with the 2" lift and new tires. I'm more interested in elegant and safe ways to carry 12' of lumber or ABS or whatever? I'm excited to see picture here of what folks have done.

Early March build date - expecting mid-April delivery.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If i wasn't 6'6" I'd love to try one of those. I've heard a lot of smaller guys swapping in the normal beta suspension on them and using them for a light hard enduro bike.

I got a 2019 TE250i and 15' KTM adventure 1190R.
* sorry for thread hijack *

I seem to be shrinking with age, LOL. Main trailbike has been a 2003 Kawasaki KDX220R that I bought new in 2005. Can't hardly swing a leg over it anymore with less flexibility at 63 y/o and can't touch ground with both feet at same time, even tippy toe :( Not confidence inspiring for the tight woods riding I do regularly now. I'm over the Kawi (it was a very good bike overall) and wanted something newer and lower, but still 2-stroke, and stumbled onto X-Trainer after seeing a few on local Craigslist. Can touch both feet now and bonus is electric start & automatic oil injection so no premix (y) Really feature packed and more affordable than Austrian bikes, so this and the Maverick are perfect for my needs and lifestyle :cool:

Ford Maverick Why I went with XL Poverty Edition Beta Left side

Ford Maverick Why I went with XL Poverty Edition Beta Right Side

Landric

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Landric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT AWD FX4 Alto Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If one could get the AWD EcoBoost XL with a manual transmission I would have had to get one. However, since one cannot I went XLT so I could get cruise without the "do it yourself" (which I would have to pay someone else to do) and some of the other upgraded XLT features.

If I was buying the Maverick as a second vehicle instead of my primary vehicle I absolutely would have gone with the XL. Since most of the driving I do with my personal vehicle (I use a state vehicle to and from and for work) is long trips I need to have cruise.

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
https://techcrunch.com/2022/01/09/feature-bloat-cars-chip-shortage/

talks about excessive doodads, chip shortage, reliability, etc. I’m not a luddite, retired from an IT career, but I still think simpler is better when it comes to autos. Everything in my 20-year old Ranger still works, because there’s not much tech stuff in it that can fail.
I find your term “Poverty Edition” very offensive. My people prefer “Financially Challenged.”

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You are seriously overestimating the amount most of us are spending. For example, I have spent less than $500 on mine, for cruise control, traffic sign recognition (free) a bed mat, and a tonneau cover.

Most are probably spending less than $1000, depending on what they are adding to the bed.
Got the Velocity Blue base hybrid XL with a drop-in bed liner. That is enough for my needs or wants.

Sponsored

ThisWas

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid, 2021 RAV4 Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My 20-day paper plates just expired so I went to register my XL. Cost me about $500.

When the Town Clerk saw the pained expression on my face she said, "A real truck would have cost you $1,000."

tonyinsd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT, Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Got the Velocity Blue base hybrid XL with a drop-in bed liner. That is enough for my needs or wants.
I got the spray in bed liner instead. But my thinking is the same as yours. It's a work truck and this is going to be great for hauling supplies. And it will cost a few grand more than a 12 year old Ranger with 80K miles on it.

RNeeley

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL, 1944 Willy MB, 1949 Dodge project.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
All of my previous Hondas have been LX models because I don't care for all the fancy stuff.

The Maverick XL is just a dyslexic version of my previous choices in autos. Remember...dyslexics are teople, poo!
Are you a member of the DNA? The National Dyslexic Association!

BDUB

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, XL, 4x4. 2021 Ford Explorer xlt
P

My 20-day paper plates just expired so I went to register my XL. Cost me about $500.

When the Town Clerk saw the pained expression on my face she said, "A real truck would have cost you $1,000."
That's how much my 2019 Ranger cost me. You in California?

athertonbt

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL EB FWD Carb Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Do the steelies provide better protection from dirt/grime/rust on the rotors than some of the aftermarket or higher trim level rims because of their shape and how much they cover the brakes? This answer may be common knowledge for people who know what they're talking about, but I'm not counted among that group. :ROFLMAO: It would be a factor for me in deciding to keep them on, or go with some Escape or Bronco rims from higher trim levels.
Sponsored