Sponsored

What do you like LEAST about the Maverick?

Dadmezz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's my biggest gripe too. But don't worry there will be an OEM or aftermarket workaround eventually
Would have liked the selected option for xl to get the cruise and also the remote mirrors.
Sponsored

BILLNOROVILLE

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
prius, Hybrid XLT, Honda 1100Rebel, 2) Hawk 650NT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mav is my 67th car/truck (on motorcycle 41 since last June). So happy to have this truck since 12/16. Every vehicle I owned was different than the one before or the many before. Getting a new vehicle is always fun. I don't hate anything, I adapt.

Dadmezz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Hoagus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘02 Ranger, ‘22 Mav XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That plastic cap on the bed rail. Must be cheaper than finishing the bed rail.

and that curve it makes going up the back of the cab. Unsightly!

Sponsored

Dadmezz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered the hybrid...I heard that the engine won't run without the electric motor. Makes sense that the motor starts first and the engine follows. There is no button option to bypass the motor. I know that the battery is tested to be reliable, but, if on a trip and the motor or battery fail, I would like the option to continue my travel until an appropriate time to get it serviced...anyone have this thought or am I not correct about how the hybrid works?

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I back tail first into my garage because it then leaves my driver side open to the middle of the garage. With a typical slight incline on the driveway, the HYBRID version utilizes the electric motor for reverse. Add the incline and the torque of the electric motor, and it's quite abrupt reverse response with pedal input (instantaneous torque). It was a little unnerving the first 5 times, especially as you try to be in close tolerance to items in the garage. I'm still not fully at ease with it, but managing it better. Nitpick huh?
What about using one of these
Maxsa 37358 Park Right 21" x 11" x 2" Parking Mat, Black

pinto4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
That plastic cap on the bed rail. Must be cheaper than finishing the bed rail.

and that curve it makes going up the back of the cab. Unsightly!
I thought I was going to hate the curved piece, but I don't think it looks as bad in person as I thought it would. It's not a premium look for sure, but it could have been far worse.

Mavonorder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The Maverick is an awesome concept to include the ability to tow 4k, awd and a bed with a modest price. And hopefully someone with mechanical knowledge will say this is no longer an issue, but reportedly, the Maverick's EB 2.0l engine has a one piece engine head and exhaust manifold design. And historically reported problems with the 2.0 EB (since 2010) developing "fine cracks" in the exhaust manifold over time from overheating that can cause loss of turbo boost. If the exhaust manifold ever does crack, it'll be a lot more expensive to get the head/exhaust manifold replaced than just the exhaust manifold alone. Also, the reported use of direct fuel injection instead of multi-port fuel injection is a let down since it seemingly forces valve maintenance/work at about 80,000 miles and having the engine valves "walnut shell blasted" to remove the built up carbon on the back of the valves and stems which is supposedly unavoidable. Long term reliability in a vehicle is always great.

Sponsored

B_kiz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 maverick XLT white
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Small annoyances; No roof rack, no fog lights, outdated sync system that I have to plug my phone in to use, cross traffic alert when backing up but for some reason no parking assist.

If I could have a major change it would be a body on frame maverick with real 4wd 😏

Last edited:

Woody27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No thanks
Small annoyances; No roof rack, no fog lights, outdated sync system that I have to plug my phone in to use.

If I could have a major change it would be a body on frame maverick with real 4wd 😏
[/QUOTE
Small annoyances; No roof rack, no fog lights, outdated sync system that I have to plug my phone in to use.

Note to self . . I should have bought a Ranger.

OTACORB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Oxford White Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The shorter than normal front seats. They are liveable as is, but it would have made them more comfortable. Also the poor quality of the infotainment display. It just good enough to get by and nothing else. Most new vehicles have much better displays.
Sponsored