Sponsored

What do you like LEAST about the Maverick?

Snoopcat

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Honda Accord, 70 Mustang Convertible
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I totally agree with you, that push button start Is way over rated. A real key, in a key slot, turn to start…is not an inconvenience at all. I own both starting types in my cars, and just don’t see what the advantages of push to start are, but that’s me.
The advantage is that you don’t have take the key out of pocket or purse. This is convenient especially if you have the touch handle unlock. You can carry stuff into truck without fumbling for keys. I am coming from the push start where I rarely ever used the key fob to unlock the car. Just needed them in my pocket. Definitely liked it more than having to unlock the door and start trick with key.
Sponsored

marpolsdofer

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Dodge Dakota 5.2L, 96 Geo Prizm 1.8L
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I totally agree with you, that push button start Is way over rated. A real key, in a key slot, turn to start…is not an inconvenience at all. I own both starting types in my cars, and just don’t see what the advantages of push to start are, but that’s me.
I guess it depends on who is driving the car. My wife does not think ahead or is slow when getting in or out of the car. My wife has her keys in her purse. The time we get to the car she has not found the keys yet. She does everything in a completely different order then I do. When I get around to the other side of the car it will already be unlocked because she touched the handle. If I am driving she does not have to go looking for her keys.
The one thing I hate about push start is you have to push the brake first. Now that would not be a problem if my wife was not very short. I can not get in and press the brake to start and warm the car without moving the seat back. If it is cold, raining, or snowing the power seats fells like it takes forever to move

marpolsdofer

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Dodge Dakota 5.2L, 96 Geo Prizm 1.8L
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think the screen should be upgradable. I’m excited to do that in a few years.

If it makes you feel better the push button start is overrated.

1. Where do you put your keys on long road trips? Well they end up traveling in the car and when you stop to pee you forget them.

2. You may leave the car running and not know it as hybrids can be extremely quite. I’ve done this with my Prius a few times. Heck it was left on for 2 full days once because I left town…oops. Didn’t use much fuel though.

3. The technology fails and you’re fucked. A long time ago my Nissan Altima wouldn’t start one day. You need to depress the brake to start push button cars, the sensor went out. It was a $30 part that no one had in stock. Had to wait 3 days for a 30 second install.

Two weeks ago my Prius wouldn’t start and I had to walk 2 miles (each way) to Walmart and buy a battery for the fob.

Randomly my signal is blocked on my keys to the car and I have to dig my keys out of my pocket and get the car to since them. Once the Prius said “no keys detected” and beeped at me for an hour of a road trip with the keys in the car. My wife wasn’t happy
Dont know how it is on most older car but ony wife 2020 Camry they fixed most of that.
If the fob is dead by battery or many other issues you still have a key to enter all the doors. As for starting the car it still uses standard chips in the ignition and fob that all keyed cars use. You just have put the fob next to the push start and push. Everything about smart unlock and start can be complete fail and it will still start because it back use the chip every modern key has.

MattIngram

First Name
Deleteme
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Deleteme
No push button start on the XLT Luxury package, Overall, keyed ignitions seem like a boneheaded move by Ford. No flexibility in the ordering/fulfillment process, limited updates by Ford, no way to see your current build with all changes [dealers referring people to ford and vice versa], no assurances that if you placed an order and have it confirmed by Ford that the dealer cannot markup the price and no way to opt for an aftermarket sprayin bedliner at the dealership to move my order along.

Sponsored

Clint

First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
I only want cruise on xl.

I wouldnt care if they charged 1000$ for it. I’d still pay it.

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I only want cruise on xl.

I wouldnt care if they charged 1000$ for it. I’d still pay it.
Not gonna happen anytime soon. It's a very conscious decision to move customers up the trim levels, which I assume makes them significantly more money than the XL (and they may even be losing money there).

Clint

First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Not gonna happen anytime soon. It's a very conscious decision to move customers up the trim levels, which I assume makes them significantly more money than the XL (and they may even be losing money there).
I know. Guy can dream. In a vacuum, they would be making a killing at 1000$. But nothing can be singled out like that.

Reactions: bgn

CHills

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Rear USB is always on, but the front is only on with the truck on.

Plugged in phone can’t be put in private mode when a call comes in.

Callers can’t seem to hear me when going through the truck stereo.

It can remember lane assist and auto break hold, but not the last drive mode I had it on? Why isn’t eco the default (at least in the Hybrid)

MaviXL

First Name
Beef... Mr. Boom's dog
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not at Maverick Yet
I waa going to say cruise on the xl. But the aftermarket has that handled. I hope the aftermarket gives us back bumper options

Sponsored

Dadmezz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'll start by saying the Ford Integrated Tether System looks promising, but I think I will end up hating it.

Screenshot_20210616-082429.png

On the outside you may think "Cool, I can create anything I want for that slot". That was my initial take on it, but then I started to think of what will happen if I don't occupy the slot. Immediately I imagined a coin or Lego being dropped down in there, thus rendering the slot useless unless you are lucky enough to find a way to fish out the obstruction. Then I thought if possible crumb or dust buildup that could occur, making the fit of any future accessories a bit wonky unless you blast it with compressed air.

First thing I plan to do when I get the vehicle is to build a nice removable plug for that slot.
I like the fact that the back upright portion of the seat folds down to get access stored items...I was thinking about a strap holding it flat to use as a shelf for holding packages supported by the console slot.

Adospeed

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ado
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid in Shadow Black
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I back tail first into my garage because it then leaves my driver side open to the middle of the garage. With a typical slight incline on the driveway, the HYBRID version utilizes the electric motor for reverse. Add the incline and the torque of the electric motor, and it's quite abrupt reverse response with pedal input (instantaneous torque). It was a little unnerving the first 5 times, especially as you try to be in close tolerance to items in the garage. I'm still not fully at ease with it, but managing it better. Nitpick huh?

g1zstar

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL Hybrid Barebones
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It can remember lane assist and auto break hold, but not the last drive mode I had it on?
So ****ing true.

I back tail first into my garage because it then leaves my driver side open to the middle of the garage. With a typical slight incline on the driveway, the HYBRID version utilizes the electric motor for reverse. Add the incline and the torque of the electric motor, and it's quite abrupt reverse response with pedal input (instantaneous torque). It was a little unnerving the first 5 times, especially as you try to be in close tolerance to items in the garage. I'm still not fully at ease with it, but managing it better. Nitpick huh?
I feel the same way and have gotten better at managing it. The only thing I haven't tested or at least remember is how it feels with eco mode on. Maybe better to put it in eco when doing this.

Adospeed

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ado
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid in Shadow Black
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So ****ing true.

I feel the same way and have gotten better at managing it. The only thing I haven't tested or at least remember is how it feels with eco mode on. Maybe better to put it in eco when doing this.
Ooohh.....great idea. Q: Will the truck stay in the previous use mode at restart? I didnt pay attention if it defaults to a particular mode.

g1zstar

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL Hybrid Barebones
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ooohh.....great idea. Q: Will the truck stay in the previous use mode at restart? I didnt pay attention if it defaults to a particular mode.
It defaults to normal mode =X

Have to remember to switch every restart.
Sponsored