Sponsored

What do you like LEAST about the Maverick?

Red Ryder

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT Iconic Silver
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
  • Lack of fog light option
  • Whimsical interior colors
  • No HD radio without B&O
  • No spotter mirrors with 360 CoPilot
  • Obvious makeshift dash design (cubbyhole). Ford too established to not retool for smaller screen. This might be expected from Yugo or perhaps AMC back in the day)
  • Lack of available torsion style dampened tailgate (even my $27K Colorado Work Truck has it)
Before anyone flames me for any of the above, this thread specifically asks what I like LEAST, not necessarily my expectations.

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think I’m going to hate how the blue dash/panel pieces clashes with the brown active-x seats and HPR color. In hindsight I wish I had gone with a different paint color as a result.
In person the greyish blue panels are less insane looking - I think it's more contrast than clash..

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I really wish i could have optioned push start on the XLT trim. I was excited to finally get it, then disappointed that it didn't come in the Lux package.

A 12" screen would've been nice also. Hopefully it is upgradeable for when they put it in future trucks.
I think the screen should be upgradable. I’m excited to do that in a few years.

If it makes you feel better the push button start is overrated.

1. Where do you put your keys on long road trips? Well they end up traveling in the car and when you stop to pee you forget them.

2. You may leave the car running and not know it as hybrids can be extremely quite. I’ve done this with my Prius a few times. Heck it was left on for 2 full days once because I left town…oops. Didn’t use much fuel though.

3. The technology fails and you’re fucked. A long time ago my Nissan Altima wouldn’t start one day. You need to depress the brake to start push button cars, the sensor went out. It was a $30 part that no one had in stock. Had to wait 3 days for a 30 second install.

Two weeks ago my Prius wouldn’t start and I had to walk 2 miles (each way) to Walmart and buy a battery for the fob.

Randomly my signal is blocked on my keys to the car and I have to dig my keys out of my pocket and get the car to since them. Once the Prius said “no keys detected” and beeped at me for an hour of a road trip with the keys in the car. My wife wasn’t happy

GaryHoosier

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Escape, 2022 Ford Maverick 2.0L XLT AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Easily, the thing I like least is the goofy shift-dial thingy. I prefer a proper shifter. Hopefully, I'll get used to it.
My second least-liked feature is all the hard plastic around the interior.
I understand why it's there (cost-cutting), but would have thought that at least in higher-trim levels some soft-touch surfaces could have been employed.
And lastly, I hate that it has the infernal 'Stop/Start' gimmick. But mercifully, THAT can be bypassed.

I love that the Mav has a conventional key-ignition.

Sponsored

Krunty

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Fx4 and 2016 Mazda 6
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think the screen should be upgradable. I’m excited to do that in a few years.

If it makes you feel better the push button start is overrated.

1. Where do you put your keys on long road trips? Well they end up traveling in the car and when you stop to pee you forget them.

2. You may leave the car running and not know it as hybrids can be extremely quite. I’ve done this with my Prius a few times. Heck it was left on for 2 full days once because I left town…oops. Didn’t use much fuel though.

3. The technology fails and you’re fucked. A long time ago my Nissan Altima wouldn’t start one day. You need to depress the brake to start push button cars, the sensor went out. It was a $30 part that no one had in stock. Had to wait 3 days for a 30 second install.

Two weeks ago my Prius wouldn’t start and I had to walk 2 miles (each way) to Walmart and buy a battery for the fob.

Randomly my signal is blocked on my keys to the car and I have to dig my keys out of my pocket and get the car to since them. Once the Prius said “no keys detected” and beeped at me for an hour of a road trip with the keys in the car. My wife wasn’t happy
I totally agree with you, that push button start Is way over rated. A real key, in a key slot, turn to start…is not an inconvenience at all. I own both starting types in my cars, and just don’t see what the advantages of push to start are, but that’s me.

Criss944

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Criss
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverodo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I totally prefer keys. Hate having a keyfob on my keyring in my pocket as I've set off the panic alarm many times just doing normal stuff out in the yard or parking lots because the panic button gets pushed accidentally. Batteries tend to wear out quickly in keyfobs and my Jeep doesn't recognize the fob is there at times and takes extra steps just to start it when that happens. Glove box lock key integrated into the fob as well and you have to separate to use it and put back together again each time. Keys please.
When putting the key fob in you pocket make sure the buttons are towards your body. Your panic alarm will never go off again.

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think I’m going to hate how the blue dash/panel pieces clashes with the brown active-x seats and HPR color. In hindsight I wish I had gone with a different paint color as a result.
That was one of the biggest reasons I didn't go for the Lariat model. The clash was too big in my opinion! 🥺

Deleted member 6544

I'm not going to go thru all 32 pages of complaints. I'll just mention the one I have... lack of SriusXm unless you go with the Lariat lx pack and you can't do that without getting the 360 thingie for extra $$$. Personally I enjoy driving vehicles. I don't want nor need the vehicle driving me. I know I'm old and pay attention when I drive ;)

Tbolt

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' EcoSport SES, 22' Lariat Lux FX4 Eco Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That was one of the biggest reasons I didn't go for the Lariat model. The clash was too big in my opinion! 🥺
I didn’t think I’d mind that much until I saw a recent YouTube video with my exact setup and it really clashed. Was kind of garish. Not sure why they didn’t have a tan alternative color.

Sponsored

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What do I like LEAST about the Maverick?

Can't get one built and delivered :unsure:
(y)I wish I could double like this post. Oops I guess I just did. 🤭

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
When putting the key fob in you pocket make sure the buttons are towards your body. Your panic alarm will never go off again.
not always possible. I have like 18 keys of all sizes and shapes on the key fob keyring. When I am moving around and changing positions a lot the keys just kind of go wherever they want- and that sometimes includes pressing buttons on key fob :confused:

Arukoru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Lack of configurability

There's no reason that I can't option the bed outlet + light other than Ford wants me to fork out extra cash for the lariat lux. Personally I think the Lariat should just come with that or at bare minimum option it separately.

I don't have to worry about this but the XLT lux should have push button start and probably offer dual zone climate as an option.

The XL should have optional cruise control.

The upgraded stereo is a joke (no offense to those who bought it)

I get that they want to incentivize you to upgrade but it definitely reaches a point where it is apparent that you're being baited intentionally. You want customers to pay you for what they want not settle for what they need and wish they could've paid you more money for specifics.

This isn't really a complaint but I don't see why they can't do a "badlands" Maverick. I wouldn't have bought it anyways but some people do seem interested in small truck capability. If the FE is getting near 40k you'd think they'd offer a performance/offroad version for roughly the same money but maybe that's stepping on ranger sales too much.

Criss944

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Criss
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverodo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

not always possible. I have like 18 keys of all sizes and shapes on the key fob keyring. When I am moving around and changing positions a lot the keys just kind of go wherever they want- and that sometimes includes pressing buttons on key fob :confused:
I use a 2" strap. Keys on one end and fob on the other. I hurt myself squatting with a big bulk of keys in my pocket.

GaryHoosier

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Escape, 2022 Ford Maverick 2.0L XLT AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Lack of configurability

There's no reason that I can't option the bed outlet + light other than Ford wants me to fork out extra cash for the lariat lux. Personally I think the Lariat should just come with that or at bare minimum option it separately.

I don't have to worry about this but the XLT lux should have push button start and probably offer dual zone climate as an option.

The XL should have optional cruise control.

The upgraded stereo is a joke (no offense to those who bought it)

I get that they want to incentivize you to upgrade but it definitely reaches a point where it is apparent that you're being baited intentionally. You want customers to pay you for what they want not settle for what they need and wish they could've paid you more money for specifics.

This isn't really a complaint but I don't see why they can't do a "badlands" Maverick. I wouldn't have bought it anyways but some people do seem interested in small truck capability. If the FE is getting near 40k you'd think they'd offer a performance/offroad version for roughly the same money but maybe that's stepping on ranger sales too much.
I recently read somewhere that Ford IS developing just such a variation... using BroncoSport components. There's only one unsurmountable factor which limits the Mav's off-road capabilities: the long wheelbase.
Sponsored