Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
We can all chip in and rent a bus (or busses) and go to the factory and pick them up and then we caravan home.
Doesn't work that way. You don't have any claim to the vehicle straight out of the factory. Ford owns the truck until it is delivered and signed for by ordering dealer. Then the dealer owns it until you complete your finals sales paperwork and they get paid.
Sponsored

Stonhous35

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Doesn't work that way. You don't have any claim to the vehicle straight out of the factory. Ford owns the truck until it is delivered and signed for by ordering dealer. Then the dealer owns it until you complete your finals sales paperwork and they get paid.
It was sarcasm

waitingonford

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thought the people here might find this interesting. Just spoke with Ford Marketing and then Ford Customer Relations over the phone. Neither had any updates about my order (first week of January). No surprise here. But I did get two different aswers regarding whether my order would end up as a MY22 truck or go to MY23.

When I asked the Ford Marketing rep about which model year will be built for my order, he said that the reason they closed order backs in late January is so that all MY22 would be built. So he expected mine to be built in this model year. However, Ford Customer Relations told me that if you don't have a VIN by this point in time (which I dont) it will likely go to MY23. He mentioned that scheduling for MY22 will go on for the next month and a half or so, but its unlikely my order will be built as a MY22.

Who know what to believe..

Last edited:

Landric

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Landric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT AWD FX4 Alto Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thought the people here might find this interesting. Just spoke with Ford Marketing and then Ford Customer Relations over the phone. Neither had any updates about my order (first week of January). No surprise here. But I did get two different aswers regarding whether my order would end up in a MY22 truck or go to MY23.

When I asked the Ford Marketing rep about which model year will be built for my order, he said that the reason they closed order backs in late January is so that all MY22 would be built. So he expected mine to be built in this model year. However, Ford Customer Relations told me that if you don't have a VIN by this point in time (which I dont) it will likely go to MY23. He mentioned that scheduling for MY22 will go on for the next month and a half or so, but its unlikely my order will be built as a MY22.

Who know what to believe..

The real answer is that Ford probably doesn't know themselves and both people you spoke to were repeating what someone higher up the food chain in their department told them. Obviously those higher ups had different opinions based on what information they had and/or their best guess.

All my orders are 2nd half of January 2022 so I'm not expecting a 2022 Maverick. Right now I am hoping for a) Price Protection for carryover orders and b) A rebate for orders placed in 2022 that had to be carried over to 2023.

My plan as it stands now assuming all my orders get bumped to 2023 is to:

-Cancel my order with the local dealership and get my $500 deposit back (they are free to leave the order in the system and sell it to someone else)

-Keep my order for an ecoboost at Granger and eventually get it for $3k off. Hopefully also with price protection and a rebate.

-Keep my order with Long McArthur but change it to a hybrid. That will likely bump me to close the front of the line for 2023 orders instead of the line for 2022 carry over orders. Presumably that means I will have a significant wait for that truck. When it comes in, assuming the Maverick is still commanding good prices used, I will sell or trade my Granger Ecoboost on the hybrid.

Sponsored

xlt-doug

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick (soon) Escape (current)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just got off the phone with Ford Customer Service, I got a VIN! Scheduled for production on Aug 8th. I was a Oct 30th order so hopefully I’ll have it within one year of the order date. Not holding my breath though.
What did you order?

Scott Asheville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD XLT ECO LUX CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I checked today on the voice chat. I finally have a VIN for my constrained 3 Sep order at a low volume dealership here in WNC. The weird thing confirmed by both the voice chat lady and the order tracker is that I have a VIN with no scheduled build date. She couldn't find one. And the tracker shows a VIN with my order still in processing.

The chat lady said to expect my truck in mid-September, but I'm taking that with a salt mine worth of salt.

Mabcim

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat 2.0 AWD; 20 Escape SEL 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

The weird thing confirmed by both the voice chat lady and the order tracker is that I have a VIN with no scheduled build date. She couldn't find one. And the tracker shows a VIN with my order still in processing.
Yup, that is the order things go in. Typically you will get scheduled within 2 weeks of when VIN was assigned.

theway-yay-ting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda CR-V, 2019 Kia Sportage
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

radmavxlt

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truckless
What did you order?
Should have put that in the original post.

Alto Blue XLT, EB, AWD, lux, cp360, 4k, fx4, moonroof. Spray in bed liner was dropped for a drop in liner.

This is from a lowish volume dealer just outside of Pittsburgh. 1% under invoice.

Sponsored

MvrkECWI

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, Crosstrek
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No flood of "I got scheduled" posts? Does not bode well. Feel like an idiot getting accessories for a truck that still isn't scheduled.

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid, Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No flood of "I got scheduled" posts? Does not bode well. Feel like an idiot getting accessories for a truck that still isn't scheduled.
And the few that did get scheduled are all EcoBoost.

Dawgonit

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Oct. 23 xlt hybrid cp360, hitch, inverter and floormats. C hat gave me vin and June 20 build week then I got an email of June 27. Made the mistake of calling awhile later and I am now in order processing possible August 1 build week. I am not calling or useing chat again I will just continue to impatiantly wait.

iwantmymav

Banned
Banned
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Ford told everyone to "get f*cked". Expecting a MY23 now for my hybrid.

Chance301

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Oct. 23 xlt hybrid cp360, hitch, inverter and floormats. C hat gave me vin and June 20 build week then I got an email of June 27. Made the mistake of calling awhile later and I am now in order processing possible August 1 build week. I am not calling or useing chat again I will just continue to impatiantly wait.
I gave up contacting customer service 2 months ago and decided not to worry about it. Have a July order for a hybrid xlt lux with no production date. Even if I get a production date it will only be the start of a series of production and delivery delays. Actually hoping that I get delayed to a 2023 model. Maybe some of the reported “glitches “ will be corrected by then. Still looking forward to getting the Mav, just over the urgency
Sponsored