Sponsored

ehoog

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Accord Sport
I have same build but it is a10/13 order I keep thinking in the end it will be built in the middle of October and won't get shipped for 3 months while I wait for missing chips
I ordered my hybrid XLT with lux package on 7/19/2021, confirmation from ford. I got the email the other day about not getting built and ordering a 2023, um no! I was considered an Early order, went to my dealer, he saw me, yes they know me well, said his phone/email blew up with pissed off customers, like me. At 3pm he checked no one was scheduled, at 5:30 pm same day he checked again and I was the only one scheduled for production week of 8/29. Said I was the only customer he was able to give good news to that day. We shall see!
Sponsored

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If he gave you a VIN, you're good.

Abebulldog1

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
Thought the people here might find this interesting. Just spoke with Ford Marketing and then Ford Customer Relations over the phone. Neither had any updates about my order (first week of January). No surprise here. But I did get two different aswers regarding whether my order would end up as a MY22 truck or go to MY23.

When I asked the Ford Marketing rep about which model year will be built for my order, he said that the reason they closed order backs in late January is so that all MY22 would be built. So he expected mine to be built in this model year. However, Ford Customer Relations told me that if you don't have a VIN by this point in time (which I dont) it will likely go to MY23. He mentioned that scheduling for MY22 will go on for the next month and a half or so, but its unlikely my order will be built as a MY22.

Who know what to believe..
Here's a really interesting thing: ordered xlt hybrid on 10/15/21. Got acknowledgement email same day. Nothing until March when another email telling of constraints on parts, shipping, etc. arrived, but that Ford was committed to build mine in '22.
Then the June email - to me, acknowledging again they had my order - but with caveat that constrained items might affect their ability to produce as a '22 model.
Called my salesman, dropping back to xl hybrid without spray-in bedliner or full size spare.
Tuesday, July 5th, I called Ford helpline.
The only associated order bearing my name is a '22 Expidition, although two ROVP numbers, one for an XLT ecoboost, and one for a hybrid are in the computer.
Never, ever wanted an Expidition or ecoboost, and neither Maverick is attached to me by an order number.
Weird and am sure I will never get a private offer without an order number.
Good thing I did not sell my 2010 Ridgeline a few months into waiting.
Don't blame Ford. This is not you mom and dad's world.

Jimbobo

First Name
Jimmie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mega cab, mustang cv
Be nice if people who have waited over a year for their trucks got something other than frustration. How about a dollar a day? Some good will gesture from Ford other than silence?
I'm finally in production!! 434 days, but I'm in production....
Sponsored