Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hot rods, Jeeps, boats
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Excellent and super helpful, thank you!

Did you happen to measure the depth of the bed? I carry totes with tools that will be under a hard tonneau, just wondering how tall of tote will fit.
Sponsored

nickmav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Amazing post.

Question about the car seat cutout as I cant really tell. Does it fit propertly in the rear facing configuration? Any idea how far forward the passenger seat is?

Phil37

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 VW Golf Sportwagen, 2012 VW Routan
Thanks for sharing that with us. I have that same Greco car seat and being 5' 11" was worried that it might not fit comfortably. I'm also going to reevaluate my color choice, I wanted Area 51 but that Cactus grey looks really nice as well. Hmm, decisions.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for the pics (esp since Cactus grey is my order)! Little disappointed in the ground clearance only 8''?? Does anyone know is that similar to like the ford edge or a smaller suv
A Ford Ranger RWD is only 8.4" (vs Maverick's 8.3") so it's about on par with mid-size pickups until you get to the really jacked up off-road trims.

garnermike

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
An Outback, an Ioniq, a Corvette, a Fiat Spider
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes, would greatly appreciate your reloading those. Shots of the heels and roof did not convey. And thx again for your effort!

Sponsored

newaukumgolfer

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Various Undercarriage and Wheel well shots
Ford Maverick TONS of Maverick Trainer Pics & Measurements! (Cactus Gray, 6'6" tall driver & passenger, legroom, car seat, no moonroof, undercarriage) {filename}
Ford Maverick TONS of Maverick Trainer Pics & Measurements! (Cactus Gray, 6'6" tall driver & passenger, legroom, car seat, no moonroof, undercarriage) {filename}

Gotta figure out how I'm going to attach a catalytic converter theft protection cage

Is this a hybrid model ? no mention of f w d or awd ?

Aaaand there we go. Hope these videos help.

FLMav

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Elantra
A Ford Ranger RWD is only 8.4" (vs Maverick's 8.3") so it's about on par with mid-size pickups until you get to the really jacked up off-road trims.
appreciate that info (first time truck owner!)

Dbarr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 500c, Dodge Grandkidsvan, Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My 6'6" self sitting in back with the 5'8" sales professional sitting comfortably in front.

Plenty of room. The rear seats are pretty upright, but not anymore so than most trucks. I definitely wouldn't want to do a long distance roadtrip in the back, but 3-4 hours would likely be fine.

This is with them scooted back to where they had "plenty of room". This woul Likely be if you had two 6' tall people stacked.

This is with the seat all they way back. Everyone was cracking up, I don't know if I could have closed the door

Me in the front seat with it all the way back. Not particularly comfortable but sufficient. Could be nicer if I reclined.

MtnLuv

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did you measure from ground to seat? I’ve been wondering about sliding straight in, dropping down or having to step up to get in. Actual issue is getting out of it. (Very bad knees) Replacing a Ford Fusion and it’s a little to low for me. Looking for something more of the seat height of an escape or bronco sport.

srhawg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, Explorer, Mustang LE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
By any chance would you be able to give a guess of the door panel to door panel distance of the back seat?
Thanks

Sponsored

KGillies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Hybrid, Rav4 Prime
Thanks for posting. By any chance did you inspect the bed rail to see how much room there is for the tonneau clamps, or for a ladder rack?

TruckGuySC

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
These are great. Thank you! All the reviewers on YouTube who do the walk-arounds are all like 5'7" so you really don't have any perspective if you're taller.

Seeing you beside it and sitting in it makes me realize how small it is (I like that). But the ground clearance is minimal. I'm hoping the FX4 package adds additional ground clearance.

If not, I hope they'll be some good lift kits available, or I may have to wait for the Timberline or Tremor edition.. 🤔

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My 6'6" self in the driver seat showing legroom

Not a ton of room between seat and door, but plenty to be comfortable. Even enough room to rest my arm not on the armrest

I'm not that wide and I take up the whole seat. I could see how this could get cramped if you are a wider person. My shoulders didn't leave the seat and I wouldn't be clocking elbows with the passenger though

This is with the steering wheel all the way up and seat all the way back. Plenty of knee space.

Head clearance was good. Probably 2-4 inches there. If you are this tall I would skip the moon roof, but I would feel comfortable wearing hats in here.

For comparison, this is me in my 2003 Reg Cab Ranger
Do you think you could have sat behind yourself in the driver’s seat?

Mainer500

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 STX, 2016 Ford Fiesta SE
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Went to AutoNation in White Bear Lake, MN today to check out the Maverick Lariat.
Ended up with a lot of time to hang around the car while the trainers were having meetings.

Credit to Kylie, the AutoNation Sales Professional who answered dozens of my questions and told me about today. Also a big thank you to Steve the Ford Trainer who let me climb in and take tons of photos.

All of these measurements are approximate as I didn't want to contact the car with the tape measure.

I'll break them up into categories.

Exterior Cactus Gray

I'm 6'6" tall for comparison

Attempted to color balance the photo

Grill

Lariat Wheels

Roof Structure. Odd flat part halfway

Rear Window with Hard Trifold

Tailgage

Height of Tailgate

Ground Clearance
Sits about 8" above ground with frame at 9.5"

Grill active louvers / shutters closeup

Bed is just at 48" above ground

Fenders sit at about 34"

Front door is 41" long

Rear Doors are about 35" long

Front Door to Bumper is ~54"

Rear window is about 7"x11"

Ground to bottom of door is about 14" height

Some folks have been asking for headlight photos, this is the Lariat headlight

Hitch Closeup Detail

Rear wheel well

Driver Handle

Antenna makes Maverick height about 73" tall

The fin puts it at 68" ish

Roof height alone is 66" tall

View attachment 5111

Bumper is about 22.5" ish off the ground

Tip to tail length is 198" including the hitch

Width without mirrors is about 72" wide

With mirrors is 81" ish?

Hood height sits about 40" off the ground

Top of bumper height is 25" ish

Bottom of bumper from ground is 12" but swoops under to about 9" ground clearance

Great pics WITH the measurements, excellent job.

WasChops

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz Ltd + Maverick Lariat Hybr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My 6'6" self in the driver seat showing legroom

Not a ton of room between seat and door, but plenty to be comfortable. Even enough room to rest my arm not on the armrest

I'm not that wide and I take up the whole seat. I could see how this could get cramped if you are a wider person. My shoulders didn't leave the seat and I wouldn't be clocking elbows with the passenger though

This is with the steering wheel all the way up and seat all the way back. Plenty of knee space.

Head clearance was good. Probably 2-4 inches there. If you are this tall I would skip the moon roof, but I would feel comfortable wearing hats in here.

For comparison, this is me in my 2003 Reg Cab Ranger
not sure if you are aware (I'm posting late here) many of your pictures did not open for viewing... I for one, am very grateful for the amount of time and effort you devoted to sharing!
Sponsored