Jak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Excellent and super helpful, thank you!

Did you happen to measure the depth of the bed? I carry totes with tools that will be under a hard tonneau, just wondering how tall of tote will fit.
I didn't have access to the bed till the very end, so I didn't get any measurements. I think there is a thread floating around with some bed measurements

Amazing post.

Question about the car seat cutout as I cant really tell. Does it fit propertly in the rear facing configuration? Any idea how far forward the passenger seat is?
It fit in rear facing position, but you lose space up front. The front seat was defintely not all the way and they 5'7" ish Sales Pro said they were comfortable. I'd say that anyone over 6' is gonna have a hard time without putting the seat totally upright and being uncomfortable

Did you measure from ground to seat? Iā€™ve been wondering about sliding straight in, dropping down or having to step up to get in. Actual issue is getting out of it. (Very bad knees) Replacing a Ford Fusion and itā€™s a little to low for me. Looking for something more of the seat height of an escape or bronco sport.
I didn't get access inside till the very end, but I know there is a thread floating around this forum with some seat height photos.

By any chance would you be able to give a guess of the door panel to door panel distance of the back seat?
Thanks
No measurements inside sadly

Thanks for posting. By any chance did you inspect the bed rail to see how much room there is for the tonneau clamps, or for a ladder rack?
No bed measurements sadly

Do you think you could have sat behind yourself in the driverā€™s seat?
Not at all. I would have looked like this photo of me behind the passenger seat all the way back. In this photo I doubt I could close the door. With the seat all the way back there is not much room at all between the back and front seats.
Ford Maverick TONS of Maverick Trainer Pics & Measurements! (Cactus Gray, 6'6" tall driver & passenger, legroom, car seat, no moonroof, undercarriage) 20210824_142541
Sponsored

boe757

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150, camry,
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Jak
did it seem possible to remove the antenna mast from the mount? seems like an obstacle for roof loading.

flyjum

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nice lots of good photos. I still have not seen any photos of how close the rear shock is to the rear tire/wheel. It appears there is not much room. This will impact what size of tires or wheels can be ran on the truck

casanewt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 KIA Sportage X-Line Prestige PHEV
Engine
Undecided
Jak
did it seem possible to remove the antenna mast from the mount? seems like an obstacle for roof loading.
I've seen posts where you can unscrew the mast part and just have the fin.

tonyinsd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT, Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is with the seat all they way back. Everyone was cracking up, I don't know if I could have closed the door

2022 ford maverick tall 6'6%22 rear passenger legroom 4.jpg
You're not going to move your seat up, are you?

Sponsored

DjLoudlex

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Dood amazing pics broz , I feasted on these pics like crazy

GrandpaBill

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Lariat EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Very informative Your pictures do us all a great favor as we can't yet see them at our Ford dealers!

PapaNer

First Name
Ner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hyundai Veloster 2.0 Premium
Also 6'6. This has been the most helpful post I've seen since we learned the difference in trims. I thank you for your time! I feel a lot better about my order now haha!

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The flat part of the cab roof is probably to accommodate those Mavericks with moon-roofs. Based on measurements it looks like the length of vehicle will require me (and others) to have to remove a trailer hitch to close the garage door.

The undercarriage shots looked like a lot of fun. Do hope Ford Parts dept. stocks up on replacement of the radio antennas.

Outstanding job on pictures and measurements. Thanks for your time and effortsā€¦

Last edited:

Ktm513

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
So would you buy one and be comfortable?hybride]?

Sponsored

Ktm513

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Also 6'6. This has been the most helpful post I've seen since we learned the difference in trims. I thank you for your time! I feel a lot better about my order now haha!
I'm 6,4 would you buy one?

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Insight, E350, Toyota Sequoia
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did you measure from ground to seat? Iā€™ve been wondering about sliding straight in, dropping down or having to step up to get in. Actual issue is getting out of it. (Very bad knees) Replacing a Ford Fusion and itā€™s a little to low for me. Looking for something more of the seat height of an escape or bronco sport.

Ground to seat is 28"

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Insight, E350, Toyota Sequoia
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered on July 20 FWD with the tow package. my dealer finally called me in to change my build I am in no hurry because it is a hybrid and will be VERY surprised if I get it before Christmas. I also changed the color to Cactus grey over the silver I had originally ordered.

That color changes according to the lighting. from light gray to bluish to a hint of green - I love it!!! Thanks for the pics.

eb472

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
@Jakb thank you so much for the thorough write-up and photos! I'm 6'4 and have sat in a Bronco Sport but have been worried about space in the Maverick. More excited than ever about my order! Thanks again.
Sponsored