Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I hope this is what you were looking for. I wasn't able to hold the tape up and take the picture at the same time, but it was straight when I did the original measurement.
Alto Blue 8-25 (7).jpg
Great - Thx.

Vemmer3

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Vemund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 MIATA MX5 2022 MAVERICK LARIAT LUX 2.0 AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Why is the 2.0 motor an additional cost? My build shows it included in AWD pricing $3305.

OP
OP
Delzona

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Why is the 2.0 motor an additional cost? My build shows it included in AWD pricing $3305.
It's not an additional cost when you add the AWD package. The $1085 is the cost of Ecoboost if that's all you added. It is confusing the way it's listed on the paper.

KGillies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Hybrid, Rav4 Prime
Sorry buddy, I got what I thought you were looking for. I looke

Yes, that what it looks like to me.
Nothing to be sorry for - that was a great help for those contemplating racks - if to be used in conjunction with a tonneau, doesn't look like there's room for bolt or T track nuts. Which leaves only one option - the Xtend. thanks again!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Delzona

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes! Finally someone got the measurements I wanted.
Unfortunately I think it's too small for my backpack :(
Perhaps it's time to lighten you load! :unsure::)

Last edited:

BamaBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Focus RS
Is it too late to make a photo request? I'm pretty sure the back seat back does not fold flat, but could you take some pictures of the seat folded down? What is the back of the back seat made of?

Thanks!

OP
OP
Delzona

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is it too late to make a photo request? I'm pretty sure the back seat back does not fold flat, but could you take some pictures of the seat folded down? What is the back of the back seat made of?

Thanks!
Yes on being late, however, you're in luck that I happened to take a couple of photos with the rear seat folded down. I also asked the Trainer the same question about whether the rear seat would fold flat. He said no it wasn't designed to go flat and he pointed out how the bottom bench portion of the rear seat is slightly angled upwards so the back would never go completely flat. Additionally, you would have to remove both of the rear headrests, which you can do, to get the seat to fold to it's "flattest" angle. The Trainer also stated that the only real reason access was available behind the seat was so you could retrieve the vehicle jack. In the first picture you can see the B&O Subwoofer and amp along with the motor for the rear sliding window. The jack is located below the motor. This is a Lariat model.

Ford Maverick Alto Blue Lariat FX4 Maverick Trainer Pics. Lots of Measurements / Dimensions Taken Lariat Alto Blue (35)
Ford Maverick Alto Blue Lariat FX4 Maverick Trainer Pics. Lots of Measurements / Dimensions Taken Lariat Alto Blue (36)

BamaBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Focus RS
Yes on being late, however, you're in luck that I happened to take a couple of photos with the rear seat folded down. I also asked the Trainer the same question about whether the rear seat would fold flat. He said no it wasn't designed to go flat and he pointed out how the bottom bench portion of the rear seat is slightly angled upwards so the back would never go completely flat. Additionally, you would have to remove both of the rear headrests, which you can do, to get the seat to fold to it's "flattest" angle. The Trainer also stated that the only real reason access was available behind the seat was so you could retrieve the vehicle jack. In the first picture you can see the B&O Subwoofer and amp along with the motor for the rear sliding window. The jack is located below the motor. This is a Lariat model.

Lariat Alto Blue (35).jpg
Lariat Alto Blue (36).jpg
Thanks for the pics! But alas, I would have to say this is a big FAIL on Ford's part. What a lousy "design". I'd rather have less or no under seat storage and have a flat-fold seat with some kind of durable back on it. The fold-flat rear bench seat of my old 1998 F-150 would be perfect!

OP
OP
Delzona

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for the pics! But alas, I would have to say this is a big FAIL on Ford's part. What a lousy "design". I'd rather have less or no under seat storage and have a flat-fold seat with some kind of durable back on it. The fold-flat rear bench seat of my old 1998 F-150 would be perfect!
I hear ya. It wouldn't surprise me to see the fleet/work version of the Maverick having that style of rear seat.

Sponsored

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
But we're not comparing non to turbo'd, just whether you lose power/towing capacity at altitude on whatever vehicle. They all suffer, and the harder your push it, the sooner it'll crap out. We turbo'd F150s way back, great for a while, then gonzo if you pushed too hard too long.
And I'll still maintain you're limited as much by braking ability as towing capacity.
Many have made the point, and I agree, this is a light and light duty flexible vehicle with some features that appeal to handy people. I'm happy to score a pretty damn good vehicle that serves most of my maintenance and chore duties, as well as travel, at 40mpg for $20k with a hitch that can move a utility trailer around. But it ain't and never will be a heavy duty truck. If I wanted more capacity, I'd get another Frontier or Ranger, or if a lot more capacity an F150. Nothing more dangerous than an undersized rig for the intended use.
Probably not looking to tow more than 2400 which should be well within safety limits and have headroom with TOW/FX4/Trailer brakes even at elevation whatever but yeah wont be doing 80 :)

Jasperw229

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 22, Lariat fx4, 4k tow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Perhaps it's time to lighten you load! :unsure::)
It's a tool backpack, it keeps getting heavier all the time :ROFLMAO:.
It'll just have to live in the bed once I get a cover.

stick

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep wrangler 4xe; 13 vw gli; 21 maverick xlt
How does one lose towing capacity @ elevation with a turbo'ed engine ?
the turbo compresses air to achieve power. At higher elevations, the air is thinner and the turbo is not able to achieve density. On super chargers, they have a pulley that spins the compressor faster to accomadate. But a turbo is kind of set with exhaust driven. Has nothing to do with fuel, or 100,000 mile or anything else. Engine power is restricted by how well they can breath. A human has difficulties at higher elevation too (also an engine needing oxygen). Fuel really doesnt have anything to do with carbon build up as well. Oil gets carried from the turbo to the intake, but gets deposited on the intake ports where heat converts to hard layer that reduced air flow dynamics and efficiency. Only thing that can fix that is a catch can that is designed to spin the oil out of the air before it gets to the intake manifold. Pretty cheap add on actually. Good long term investment for any turbo engine

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
the turbo compresses air to achieve power. At higher elevations, the air is thinner and the turbo is not able to achieve density. On super chargers, they have a pulley that spins the compressor faster to accomadate. But a turbo is kind of set with exhaust driven. Has nothing to do with fuel, or 100,000 mile or anything else. Engine power is restricted by how well they can breath. A human has difficulties at higher elevation too (also an engine needing oxygen). Fuel really doesnt have anything to do with carbon build up as well. Oil gets carried from the turbo to the intake, but gets deposited on the intake ports where heat converts to hard layer that reduced air flow dynamics and efficiency. Only thing that can fix that is a catch can that is designed to spin the oil out of the air before it gets to the intake manifold. Pretty cheap add on actually. Good long term investment for any turbo engine
Yes but still better than an normally aspirated ICE-

RGinFL

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Great pictures - I changed my color from Velocity Blue to Alto Blue yesterday!
Sponsored