Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Crap. I hope I'm not too late.

I meant the cubby next to the screen. I have something for it, but I want to make sure it fits, so height and width would help out a lot.

Thanks!
I hope these pictures help out.
Ford Maverick Alto Blue Lariat FX4 Maverick Trainer Pics. Lots of Measurements / Dimensions Taken Alto Blue 8-25 cubby (1)
Ford Maverick Alto Blue Lariat FX4 Maverick Trainer Pics. Lots of Measurements / Dimensions Taken Alto Blue 8-25 cubby (2)
Ford Maverick Alto Blue Lariat FX4 Maverick Trainer Pics. Lots of Measurements / Dimensions Taken Alto Blue 8-25 cubby (3)
Ford Maverick Alto Blue Lariat FX4 Maverick Trainer Pics. Lots of Measurements / Dimensions Taken Alto Blue 8-25 cubby (4)
Ford Maverick Alto Blue Lariat FX4 Maverick Trainer Pics. Lots of Measurements / Dimensions Taken Lariat Alto Blue (7)
Sponsored

OP
OP
Delzona

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am a mechanic for 30 years.. Second generation.. never in my life have I heard of someone rotating the spare with other tires...
I with you there, I've never rotated my spare with my other tires. I'm not sure if I'm ready to change yet either.

OP
OP
Delzona

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OP
OP
Delzona

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hey Great - if you go by today, can you measure and take a photo of the bed rail gap and profile, including top width, where you'd clamp a ladder rack? Absolutely no info on this anywhere, would be super helpful to figure out an Extang tri-fold with bolt on sliding ladder rack!
As you requested. I hope they help. I've also include a picture of the bolt holding the Ford tri-fold tonneau cover.
Ford Maverick Alto Blue Lariat FX4 Maverick Trainer Pics. Lots of Measurements / Dimensions Taken Alto Blue 8-25 ladder rail (1)
Ford Maverick Alto Blue Lariat FX4 Maverick Trainer Pics. Lots of Measurements / Dimensions Taken Alto Blue 8-25 ladder rail (2)
Ford Maverick Alto Blue Lariat FX4 Maverick Trainer Pics. Lots of Measurements / Dimensions Taken Alto Blue 8-25 ladder rail (3)
Ford Maverick Alto Blue Lariat FX4 Maverick Trainer Pics. Lots of Measurements / Dimensions Taken Alto Blue 8-25 ladder rail (6)

OP
OP
Delzona

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Measurement for front driving compartment- From driver door panel across to the passengers ?
I hope this is what you were looking for. I wasn't able to hold the tape up and take the picture at the same time, but it was straight when I did the original measurement.
Ford Maverick Alto Blue Lariat FX4 Maverick Trainer Pics. Lots of Measurements / Dimensions Taken Alto Blue 8-25 (7)

Sponsored

OP
OP
Delzona

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yet this forums name ;)

itโ€™s a LUV light utility vehicle thatโ€™s my story and I sticking to it, until I change my mind or underwear whichever comes first.
I reject your reality and insert my own! It's a car that thinks it's a truck! ๐Ÿ˜‚

KGillies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Hybrid, Rav4 Prime
Hey Chris, Great shots. Were you not able to get measurements on the bedrail for a rack?
Oops there they are! Thanks! What would you estimate the width of the gap is, above the tie off bar, right at the 2" mark on the top picture? That's where the bolt mechanism fits in that holds on the tonneau. Looks thin, like 1/2" or so?

Sponsored

Platinum2

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It is a car, not a truck, VERY comfortable to sit in and get out of.
Why do so many people think a truck must sit up off the ground absurdly high? Where are you people planning to drive this thing?

Platinum2

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
T
....The expected life is 100,000 miles of normal wear and tear. Carbon build is an issue unless you use premium gas.
Where are you getting this information from?

OP
OP
Delzona

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hey Chris, Great shots. Were you not able to get measurements on the bedrail for a rack?
Sorry buddy, I got what I thought you were looking for. I looke
Oops there they are! Thanks! What would you estimate the width of the gap is, above the tie off bar, right at the 2" mark on the top picture? That's where the bolt mechanism fits in that holds on the tonneau. Looks thin, like 1/2" or so?
Yes, that what it looks like to me.

OP
OP
Delzona

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Here are a few other picture I took that I didn't post with my original post, which I have updated with information that I learned from listening to people talk.
Anyway the pictures of the dash and door were taken to give you an idea of the subtle texture of the panels. The picture with the blue arrow is pointing the hole where you would insert the jack handle tool to lower the spare. The last picture is a water bottle, how could I not have a picture of one of the big selling points of the Maverick! ๐Ÿ˜‚

I found out a few more things between talking to the Trainer, my salesman and over hearing conversations between the sales people after they had their training on the Maverick. So what I'm saying is that what I post here isn't concrete. So believe like Mulder, but with the skepticism Scully. (For those of you who don't know who Mulder and Scully are try watching the X-Files!)
1. Production on Hybrids should be gearing up really soon, possibly in the next two weeks.
2. Hybrids will be the next big push when scheduling resumes
3. Ford greatly under estimated how popular the hybrid model would be (duh). They originally planned on people wanting the Ecoboost over the Hybrid. Reservations are running 90% hybrid to 10% Ecoboost (again I'm just repeating what I heard so don't go ballistic saying "my numbers" are unrealistic!)
4. The recent change in requiring AWD for the 4k tow package and people's reaction to it is another reminder that the Maverick is still in pre-production and changes could still happen before final sign-off for production. In other words, don't freak out if there's another change to Maverick because the people with the pocket protectors (engineers and safety folks) aren't getting the "numbers" they expected from whatever "widget" they designed for the Maverick.
5. The software in the XL and XLT was given a light version in order to keep cost down. (Really? Does the Sync 3 or 4 software cost that much?) Also don't expect Ford to make Sync 3 upgrade available to XL/XLT models. (Hmm, maybe enough out cry for it and Ford would changes it's mind. Just a thought)
6. The Trainer Maverick I saw was getting almost 31 mpg, 2.0 Ecoboost with FX4 package. Trainer said that other Trainers in the XLT Hybrid models were getting high 30s to low 40s mpg!!! YES!!
7. There was no plans to have roof racks rails mounted on the Maverick. So the aftermarket will have their work cut out for them to design a way to over come that.
8. The steering is electrically assisted and steering is "light" when compared to a hydraulic steering setup. The Mav's Lane-keeping system will also "monitor" your steering and help when necessary, i.e. you're driving in a high cross-wind and have to constantly keep bumping the steering towards the wind direction in order to keep you from being blown sideways. The Mav will add more assist to the steering so you don't have to work harder keep the Mav straight.
Overall, the Maverick is very impressive! As I stated before nothing to me feels or looks cheap. I full like the quality is on the same level as a F150 XL, XLT, or Lariat only in a smaller size! I firmly believe people will be very happy with the Maverick.
Ford Maverick Alto Blue Lariat FX4 Maverick Trainer Pics. Lots of Measurements / Dimensions Taken Alto Blue 8-25 (1)
Ford Maverick Alto Blue Lariat FX4 Maverick Trainer Pics. Lots of Measurements / Dimensions Taken Alto Blue 8-25 dash
Ford Maverick Alto Blue Lariat FX4 Maverick Trainer Pics. Lots of Measurements / Dimensions Taken InkedAlto Blue 8-25 spare tire hole_LI
Ford Maverick Alto Blue Lariat FX4 Maverick Trainer Pics. Lots of Measurements / Dimensions Taken Alto Blue 8-25 (2)

Last edited: