Sponsored

Tire pressure

SafetyGuy

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
Andy
Joined
May 1, 2025
Threads
9
Messages
1,033
Reaction score
1,925
Location
Manitoba
Vehicle(s)
2025 Maverick Lariat Hybrid 4K AWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have 2 quality tp gauges which read my tire pressure the same but they differ from the TPS by 3 to 5 psi. Thoughts?
Good day

Are your good quality tire guages both reading the same PSI?

If so, I would go with the 2 quality pressure guages.

You probably already know, but if you have dropped or banged etc any of your guages (same as a torque wrench), you need to get the calibration checked...or more likely, just go get a new quality guage (cheaper and saves time).

Most guages also give you a window as to their accuracy. Usually 1-2 PSI variance is normal.

Have a good one,

Andy
 

wakkawakka22

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
Branden
Joined
Jul 22, 2026
Threads
2
Messages
63
Reaction score
131
Location
Tulsa, OK
Vehicle(s)
2026 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid AWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs
 
3-5 psi is the difference between the tires on the sunny side of the truck and the shady side. TPMS (Tire Pressure Monitoring System - monitoring for trends and extremes, not as a gauge) is really designed to detect issues, like rapid loss of tire pressure or an increase due to heat issues. Once it throws a low pressure alert, you're already more than 20 PSI to low.
 

Sponsored

HeyBales

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
Mike
Joined
May 3, 2024
Threads
5
Messages
5,643
Reaction score
5,491
Location
KC Metro area
Vehicle(s)
2005 Toyota RAV4, 2024 XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ya - it's useful for the compare, see if a tire dropped a few for some reason.

Of course, that's if they matched each other based on true tire gauge.

Also useful when seasons and temps are changing, as reminder it's time to increase/decrease.
 

Glen Baker LLC

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
Joined
May 29, 2024
Threads
32
Messages
8,718
Reaction score
15,872
Location
Central Nevada & Utah
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Screw the gauges I've tried a few.👎🏻
I use my Stanley FatMax tire inflator / jump starter. I set the pressure I want and.....
Ford Maverick Tire pressure Screenshot_2026-09-23-14-29-16-43_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12


it provides air pressure Nirvana every time.😁
Ford Maverick Tire pressure Screenshot_2026-09-23-14-29-41-52_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12
 
Last edited:

El Kabong

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
Joined
Apr 1, 2026
Threads
15
Messages
454
Reaction score
919
Location
Carnation, WA
Vehicle(s)
2026 Maverick Lariat Hybrid AWD, 2017 VW Golf Wolfsburg
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Screw the gauges I've tried a few.👎🏻
I use my Stanley FatMax tire inflator / jump starter. I set the pressure I want and.....

it provides air pressure Nirvana every time.😁
Do they still make that model?
 
Sponsored

Cherokee

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
First Name
Marty
Joined
Jan 3, 2025
Threads
67
Messages
4,759
Reaction score
9,441
Location
North Carolina
Vehicle(s)
2026 Ford Maverick Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford Maverick Tire pressure IMG_2859


Had it for well over ten years. Works like new.
Accurate.
 

scharris99

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
Joined
Mar 31, 2025
Threads
0
Messages
161
Reaction score
252
Location
Daytona Beach
Vehicle(s)
2025 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
TPMS is not accurate. TPMS on my 2025 has always been about 3 psi low from known accurate gauges. Our 2020 escape was 4-5 PSI low with factory TPMS. Bought new tires 6 months ago and installed 3rd party sensors which read 1-2 PSI low.
 

HeyBales

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
Mike
Joined
May 3, 2024
Threads
5
Messages
5,643
Reaction score
5,491
Location
KC Metro area
Vehicle(s)
2005 Toyota RAV4, 2024 XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

BK007

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
First Name
BK007
Joined
Mar 27, 2026
Threads
55
Messages
1,226
Reaction score
3,600
Location
OH
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have had this Intercomp for 10+ years 100% accurate all the time! Expensive these days... I paid like $50 bucks or less I think back then.

Ford Maverick Tire pressure 1790272790896-f2
Sponsored

 
 







Top