Sponsored

Search results

  1. Almost twinsies

    I did look at a Ruby Red model but the Carbonized Grey matches the dirt around here so I went with that instead.
  2. HYBRID 12V Battery Mystery SOLVED

    Picked up the $10 UBOG trailer hitch mounted light, fed the wires through the receiver, looped 'em around the factory harness, plugged it in, defined a zero-weight trailer - and it works a treat to get the side view, no hyperflash. Did not check on charging status but I will assume it works as...
  3. Anyone added a second hybrid battery?

    Press "L" on the gear selector maybe?
  4. Help me decide - 27 XLT vs 24 Lariat

    Thats a decent deal if it's the OTD price. LOL FWD EcoBoost owners chime in!
  5. Help me decide - 27 XLT vs 24 Lariat

    A two mile commute will be hard on any vehicle (Ecoboost or hybrid) because the engine/powertrain will not get fully warmed up. Short suburban or city drives is where the hybrid really shines, when I drive into "town" (population 2,100) around 30-35 miles per hour its about a mile or so and I...
  6. Secondary Rear View Camera to Avoid Tailgate Damage

    Oof. Maybe time to upgrade to a locking tailgate from the XLT, can be done.
  7. 100,000 miles!

    The transmission mated to your EcoBoost has a permanent filter - you cannot replace it without removing the transmission from the vehicle and disassembling it - a "flush" can dislodge particles from the filter and muck up the transmission. The general consensus is to NEVER have a "flush" done...
  8. Anyone added a second hybrid battery?

    Am I towing at low speeds or on the highway? Just kidding - the hybrid torque is instantaneously delivered and the curve should be pretty flat. I've only pulled a light load once through foothills (u-haul open trailer and a Tomahawk 8hp chipper-shredder, so around 850 lb total) and aside from...
  9. Android Auto stopped Auto play when started

    My '26 (so Sync 4) with a Google Pixel 6 Pro either wired or wirelessly will decide when it wants to auto-play and when not, it does not care what I set, nor whether my music was playing or not when I shut off the vehicle. I blame the A.I.s for it. Edit: try rebooting the unit in the car.
  10. Anyone added a second hybrid battery?

    Torque is king for real towing, and those are not "really close" to me. And why HP not needing to be equal, is it because it's an apples-oranges sort of thing? Anyway this thread here said of testing a pre-2025 hybrid torque at the wheels: Peak Combined Output: 267 lb-ft, so a '25 or '26 will...
  11. Help me decide - 27 XLT vs 24 Lariat

    the wat had?
  12. Help me decide - 27 XLT vs 24 Lariat

    @longarm how long have you been looking? Is there a rush to get this vehicle?
  13. Help me decide - 27 XLT vs 24 Lariat

    2025 introduced Sync 4, along with the loss of a lot of very nice, logical, easy-to-use physical HVAC controls. Not that I should be complaining about the lack of physical buttons again, but I am. You practically have to have lane-centering (Lariat and Lobo only) to use the onscreen controls.
  14. Help me decide - 27 XLT vs 24 Lariat

    My '26 Lariat does not have wireless charging or auto-up windows, only auto-down on the drivers side. The '27s are bringing back the wireless charger but I think only Lobo and Lariat get that. Hopefully it works better then the previous wireless charger which apparently was hit-or-miss depending...
  15. Help me decide - 27 XLT vs 24 Lariat

    I don't think so unless you really want a "specific" set of options you pick and choose from. Sadly the fact that the '27s are coming out probably won't bring any real "deals" on '26 models else I'd encourage you to look for a leftover Lariat soon. 😁
  16. First time hybrid owner (these damn noises)

    Ja it will drone a bit louder when cold and it takes some getting used to the way power is put into forward momentum, for example cruising at a steady speed can the powertrain can be very quiet but a change in grade that requires more engine speed without any acceleration increases the engine...
  17. Hybrid oil change frequency

    Folks used to put in this oil and then only change the filter, which seems kind of logical. Not that I would do it.
  18. HYBRID 12V Battery Mystery SOLVED

    There is no alternator in the hybrid Mav! It uses a DC converter that feeds off of the hybrid system. A cigar lighter meter only accurately reads the 12v from the battery when the engine is off.
  19. Bears and Mavericks??

    There are three tiny scratches on my wheel well from mama bear knocking over the garbage can onto it shortly after I bought the truck, we had (very mistakenly) tossed a bag of crab boil leavings in the can. We know better now and bag the "interesting" stuff in the freezer until the morning of...




Top